Tanya Burr #9 eighty thousand things to flog, one short boyfriend and one missing dog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you think she looks old and haggard I dread to hear what you think about the rest of us. Honestly, I think she’s got great skin and looks perfectly fine for a woman in her 30’s.
yeh I agree, she has always had good skin, I think what makes her look bad is just the fact she always looks so miserable, she used to be so smily and I think that is what makes the difference

Reactions: 24
yeh I agree, she has always had good skin, I think what makes her look bad is just the fact she always looks so miserable, she used to be so smily and I think that is what makes the difference
And the terrible hair color.

Reactions: 17
WTF are this trackies? I mean we all have a pair like this (or black leggings with many tiny holes) but we don't post it on social media
Untitled.png

She looks like a toddler learning to walk here
Untitled1.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Who the hell gives up their dog?!?!
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to give up your dog and if people didn't think like this more dogs would have happy homes rather than be stuck in a kennel or chained in the garden.

She may have had a legitimate reason that Covid has now meant didn't happen. I suspect that she was moving to LA for 6 months or something, the house was supposed to be sold, maybe she was moving into rented accommodation she couldn't take a dog to; perhaps it was totally out of spite toward Jim. Who knows.

I'll get tit for this, but I really don't know why people give that much of a tit about the dog then say, she's using it for engagement when she hasn't mentioned her at all, hasn't hinted or teased at anything, hasn't encouraged any chat about it and deleted it all. It's the people who won't let it drop that are creating the engagement.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
WTF are this trackies? I mean we all have a pair like this (or black leggings with many tiny holes) but we don't post it on social media
View attachment 400403
She looks like a toddler learning to walk here
View attachment 400404
it is like a mockery of the term infleuncer :LOL: who the hell would want to look like this?!

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to give up your dog and if people didn't think like this more dogs would have happy homes rather than be stuck in a kennel or chained in the garden.

She may have had a legitimate reason that Covid has now meant didn't happen. I suspect that she was moving to LA for 6 months or something, the house was supposed to be sold, maybe she was moving into rented accommodation she couldn't take a dog to; perhaps it was totally out of spite toward Jim. Who knows.

I'll get tit for this, but I really don't know why people give that much of a tit about the dog then say, she's using it for engagement when she hasn't mentioned her at all, hasn't hinted or teased at anything, hasn't encouraged any chat about it and deleted it all. It's the people who won't let it drop that are creating the engagement.
Speaking personally, I get why people are interested in the dog. It was a big part of their channel (which is their personal lives) and it has vanished. Why is this strange? It would be the same if when her and jim broke up and she had never mentioned it IMO

Reactions: 20
Speaking personally, I get why people are interested in the dog. It was a big part of their channel (which is their personal lives) and it has vanished. Why is this strange? It would be the same if when her and jim broke up and she had never mentioned it IMO
I see your point - I hadn’t watched Tanya for years and never really Jim so perhaps I wasn’t as invested but I don’t think they’ll ever address it. Badgering and asking all the time only increases their engagement. Jim I’ll give you. I think he uses it. His post the other day about dogs encourages it, Sarah’s comment etc but I don’t believe Tanya does at all

Reactions: 11
I don’t know where this narrative of “Tanya was moving to LA and got stuck in London because of COVID” or whatever came from. Tanya was not moving. Tanya did not sell the house. All she has done since the divorce is invest even more in the house. She kept it all except for Martha. Tanya was only booking jobs in London. Furthermore Martha was gone LONG before Covid or before any potential move.

Also when you have committed to take an animal and there are no insane behavioural issues threatening your safety then no, there isn’t really a great reason to discard them like a toy you’re tired of. It’s a living thing that you as a full grown adult said you would take care of, not something you decide to pt out of once you think you’d like to move somewhere new or just don’t want to take it on walks anymore. The fact is that the crisis isn’t “dogs in kennels“ or whatever, it’s that shelters and rehoming charities are full of animals that people treat as disposable and that adults can’t own up and take responsibility for when it gets a bit tough or circumstances shift. Obviously it’s preferable to have an animal fully wanted and cared for but there’s another option— step up and dedicate yourself to taking care of your pet.
If you gave away an animal because you got bored and feel sensitive reading people’s judgements then just say that and go.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I see your point - I hadn’t watched Tanya for years and never really Jim so perhaps I wasn’t as invested but I don’t think they’ll ever address it. Badgering and asking all the time only increases their engagement. Jim I’ll give you. I think he uses it. His post the other day about dogs encourages it, Sarah’s comment etc but I don’t believe Tanya does at all
but she has blocked all words like dog etc from her comments, so knows what she is doing, which for me implies she has done something

Reactions: 16
If you gave away an animal because you got bored and feel sensitive reading people’s judgements then just say that and go.
I’d rather be homeless than give up my dog but there are reasons why people would, Martha could have bitten someone, a friends child, who knows, unless you are Tanya herself or part of her inner circle you don’t know enough to know there wouldn’t have been a valid reason... and ‘I don’t want it anymore’ is a valid enough reason. Might make you an hole yes absolutely, but if she didn’t want her, she didn’t want her. If she rehomed her, that’s the responsible thing to do. Telling someone to step-up just isn’t constructive if they no longer want it.
Demonising re-homing, if through proper channels, is not good for animal welfare.

Reactions: 18
I’d rather be homeless than give up my dog but there are reasons why people would, Martha could have bitten someone, a friends child, who knows, unless you are Tanya herself or part of her inner circle you don’t know enough to know there wouldn’t have been a valid reason... and ‘I don’t want it anymore’ is a valid enough reason. Might make you an hole yes absolutely, but if she didn’t want her, she didn’t want her. If she rehomed her, that’s the responsible thing to do. Telling someone to step-up just isn’t constructive if they no longer want it.
Demonising re-homing, if through proper channels, is not good for animal welfare.
totally disagree, if one of these was a reason she could tell us and it would be understandable

Reactions: 6
If you think she looks old and haggard I dread to hear what you think about the rest of us. Honestly, I think she’s got great skin and looks perfectly fine for a woman in her 30’s.
I’m her age and so are my friends - I stand by it, her skin laxity is poor and she looks gaunt, she’s young and her skin isn’t great

Reactions: 12
not wanting your animal is not a legitimate reason to give them up. an animal companion is your family and your dependent, you can't just change your mind.
it's also not like she adopted martha from a shelter cause she cares about animals, she bought a designer inbred dog, least she can do is take care of her/not give her away/act like she never existed.
she CAPITALISED off martha by showing her off, talking about how much she loves her and having us all invested in her. and now she's vanished and we're not allowed to talk about her otherwise we get blocked or comments get deleted???!! this is SO wrong. she used us to sell her books/tv shows/plays/make up that was literally NAMED AFTER MARTHA and then acts like we have no right to ask. influencer culture makes me sick.
this is the one place we can talk about it so it's really frustrating to have people say we need to drop it.
what needs to happen is tanya and jim owning up to whatever the duck they did to martha and stop acting like she never existed. #justiceformartha

• Angry
Reactions: 43
I’m her age and so are my friends - I stand by it, her skin laxity is poor and she looks gaunt, she’s young and her skin isn’t great
I agree, she does look gaunt. She looks permanently exhausted; worn out and drawn. She is probably hungry a lot of the time. She lost a lot of weight very quickly and probably doesn't eat all that much these days in order to maintain her new slim figure.

He deleted all three of them and when I sent him a message about whether or not martha was rehomed he said she is doing great, not sure if thats an indirect confirmation or not but I believe shes just in someone else’s care
Interesting that he knows she is 'doing great.' Implies that he knows of Martha's whereabouts and he is up-to-date on her well-being. I hope he's telling the truth and this is the case!

If Tanya offloaded her to a shelter, then he wouldn't know how she was doing. Maybe she was actually re-homed with someone they know. I don't suppose we'll ever find out, though!

Reactions: 10
In regards to Martha:

Idk about you guys, but at this point I’m like 98% sure Tanya gave Martha away to someone. I’m certain Martha didn’t cross over the rainbow bridge because in that case Tanya would’ve just made it known to the public and that would be the end of that. Almost all people would be empathetic and express their condolences rather than harass her. I also think Jim would’ve made a long sad post about it.

What I think happened is she got Martha in the divorce and then developed some crazy resentment issues towards the poor dog because it was a constant reminder of her failed marriage and specifically Jim. That, paired with her pipe dream of moving to LA most likely prompted her to rehome Martha without discussing it with anyone, especially Jim. This action alone likely caused huge criticism from Jim/Sarah duo and also Tanya’s family? I think that’s why Tanya is so beyond TRIGGERED by any mention of Martha. She probably got a ton of tit for rehoming her without discussing it with anyone. I think it was meant to be a big duck-You to Jim, but ended up actually making her look like a huge heartless witch in front of everyone she knows. Hence, no mention of “dog”, “Martha”, etc has been allowed on her Instagram ever again.

I would literally bet $1,000 on this theory lol
The only part I don't get is why is Jim being quiet in that theory? Presumably he's been wronged but continues to engage with her on SM etc

The only part I don't get is why is Jim being quiet in that theory? Presumably he's been wronged but continues to engage with her on SM etc
That part also doesn't add up for me. Would Jim really continue to like her IG posts and say they are 'great friends' if she had offloaded his beloved pup to a shelter?

Reactions: 8
I think he’s desperate to be the “good guy” all the time, especially based on his constant condescending babying comments on her Instagram. Maybe he thinks he’s in a much happier place than her and feels pity for her? Or maybe he’s trying to convince himself of that? I always got the “holier than thou” vibe from him

That part also doesn't add up for me. Would Jim really continue to like her IG posts and say they are 'great friends' if she had offloaded his beloved pup to a shelter?
I dont think Martha went to a shelter, I think she was rehomed to a family

I agree, she does look gaunt. She looks permanently exhausted; worn out and drawn. She is probably hungry a lot of the time. She lost a lot of weight very quickly and probably doesn't eat all that much these days in order to maintain her new slim figure.

Interesting that he knows she is 'doing great.' Implies that he knows of Martha's whereabouts and he is up-to-date on her well-being. I hope he's telling the truth and this is the case!

If Tanya offloaded her to a shelter, then he wouldn't know how she was doing. Maybe she was actually re-homed with someone they know. I don't suppose we'll ever find out, though!
could she be with Tanya’s parents or her sister maybe?

Reactions: 2
could she be with Tanya’s parents or her sister maybe?
Haven't seen any evidence of it, but this would be the best case scenario. I don't follow any of her family on IG or know how active they are on social media, so I guess it is a possibility.

Reactions: 5
Haven't seen any evidence of it, but this would be the best case scenario. I don't follow any of her family on IG or know how active they are on social media, so I guess it is a possibility.
I think her parents have 2 dogs, according to the dad's ig. I think if it was as simple as that, she would just say it on her social media. Something like, "Because of my work, I can't really look after Martha right now so she's staying with my parents and I will visit her as often as I can". But she never has, has she?

Reactions: 13
I think she’s rehomed her to one of her ‘in crowd’ friends in London because she thought her acting career would be taking off and she’d be travelling all the time.

It’s a shame because she seems so lonely it must be a kick in the teeth for her and a reminder of all that she doesn’t have (career, dog, real friends)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.