Tanya Burr #8 Hairy Watchman on display, Martha still MIA, please put the midriff away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About the dog. Maybe Jim and Tanya gave Martha up for adoption because they couldn't agree on who would get to keep her? It makes absolutely no sense not to answer questions about her whereabouts.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
i wonder why they find it so hard to talk about the dog? like what's the big secret? even if she passed away can't they just say it? what's the deal honestly, it's not like people are asking for their private bank account information

Reactions: 23
He seems to have deleted the answers about Martha?
Yup! I can just imagine tanya sitting there looking at her social media seeing him post stories and frantically calling him as if he actually gave away something big😂they are making a real big deal out of this if nothing happened to her

• Haha
Yes there is so much competition! A bit different than back in the day
yeah exactly, it is not enough just to have mediocre baking videos or what i eat in a day/watch me as i wander round having "meetings". I watch a lot of youtube and like someone said earlier some of the videos wouldn't be out of place on netflix/mainstream TV

About the dog. Maybe Jim and Tanya gave Martha up for adoption because they couldn't agree on who would get to keep her? It makes absolutely no sense not to answer questions about her whereabouts.
I cannot imagine anyone who was an animal lover thinking that, if I had got a pet with an ex and we really coudn't agree I would make the sacrifice and give it to my partner because it would be better for the animal

Reactions: 11
I still think she's dead, there's no plausible explanation as to why they would give her away, given that they are both rich and don't have real jobs. If they wanted to travel, they could have easily hired a dog sitter like Jenna Marbles does.

My thoery is that Tanya freaked out when she saw he had been joking about Martha dying in bizzare ways, which was too close to truth, and gave him a call. He then said she isn't dead in an attempt to fix that.

I am now certain poor Martha died in a horrible accident 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I still think she's dead, there's no plausible explanation as to why they would give her away, given that they are both rich and don't have real jobs. If they wanted to travel, they could have easily hired a dog sitter like Jenna Marbles does.

My thoery is that Tanya freaked out when she saw he had been joking about Martha dying in bizzare ways, which was too close to truth, and gave him a call. He then said she isn't dead in an attempt to fix that.

I am now certain poor Martha died in a horrible accident 😢
yeah same, and caused by Tanya being careless or something, like she ate something she shouldn't have that was left out/escaped and ran into the road

Reactions: 4
Tanya thinks, now that she's "thin", she's Kate Moss or Keira Knightley, and can walk around looking rough as duck and still be the coolest and adored by everyone.
This is such a good point that didn’t even really occur to me! I think you’re absolutely right. Like that meme (I think it’s a meme? Or a tweet?) ‘is it fashion or is it just a skinny person wearing clothes’ or something 😂
Re Martha if she’s not dead I definitely think Tanya was in a major depressed slump, meant to be looking after her, couldn’t take it anymore and gave her to a shelter without speaking to Jim about it.

Reactions: 11
Re Martha if she’s not dead I definitely think Tanya was in a major depressed slump, meant to be looking after her, couldn’t take it anymore and gave her to a shelter without speaking to Jim about it.

If she's not dead, it's looking like something along those lines. It makes Tanya look really bad - and why otherwise would she ban all mention of the dog? I've always been of the assumption that Martha died, but now that her own brother is saying she's not dead, I don't know what to think! I really didn't think Tanya would just give the dog away to a shelter....what an awful thing to do if that's what happened (especially if Jim was willing to take her --and I think that would have been the case).

I don't think we'll be hearing anything more from Oscar on this!

Reactions: 7
Guys, no offence but some of you are a bit ridiculous still believing she’s dead... Why would he just lie about her not being dead? To insert himself in an elaborate coverup about the death of a random sausage dog?

It’s obvious they gave her away and deep down feel some level of guilt about it and won’t say anything or open themselves up to scrutiny. And they don’t want people searching online for Martha and her new home and finding her new owners. I also doubt he would joke about her dying if he knew she was killed in a tragic accident that traumatized Tanya lol.

I think what happened is that they agreed Tanya would have Martha after the divorce... but in her depression AND obvious attempt to erase all of her old life, decided she couldn’t take Martha anymore, and Jim and Sarah didn’t want her as they wanted their own new life too, they rehomed her but it was emotionally harder than expected. Sarah’s snarky comment was because Jim was obviously somewhat upset by it and Sarah resented that Tanya had agree to have custody and then backed out.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If she's not dead, it's looking like something along those lines. It makes Tanya look really bad - and why otherwise would she ban all mention of the dog? I've always been of the assumption that Martha died, but now that her own brother is saying she's not dead, I don't know what to think! I really didn't think Tanya would just give the dog away to a shelter....what an awful thing to do if that's what happened (especially if Jim was willing to take her --and I think that would have been the case).

I don't think we'll be hearing anything more from Oscar on this!
You could say...Oscar's in the doghouse... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think what happened is that they agreed Tanya would have Martha after the divorce... but in her depression AND obvious attempt to erase all of her old life, decided she couldn’t take Martha anymore, and Jim and Sarah didn’t want her as they wanted their own new life too, they rehomed her but it was emotionally harder than expected. Sarah’s snarky comment was because Jim was obviously somewhat upset by it and Sarah resented that Tanya had agree to have custody and then backed out.
If this is the case (and could well be!) you'd think Jim would have just taken her especially since he claims to love dogs so much - to the point where he's been talking about fostering dogs and has been asking his friends to bring their dog on walks so he can hang out with them. I just can't understand giving away a dog that you've had for years and claim to love. Obviously, it's something I could never do! I guess it makes sense that they're keeping quiet about it if this is what happened and they both just gave up on her.

If this is the case (and could well be!) you'd think Jim would have just taken her especially since he claims to love dogs so much - to the point where he's been talking about fostering dogs and has been asking his friends to bring their dog on walks so he can hang out with them. I just can't understand giving away a dog that you've had for years and claim to love. Obviously, it's something I could never do! I guess it makes sense that they're keeping quiet about it if this is what happened and they both just gave up on her.
yeah I don't get why Tanya would have been the one to take her in the first place, it always seem Jim liked her more?

Reactions: 1
I don't know about you guys but if Tanya were to come out and honestly say the felt too depressed to take care of a dog and wasn't able to give Martha the time and dedication she needed and in stead of neglecting her she gave her away I wouldn't be too mad at her to be honest. Like yes there are different options but as a person who has known very deep depression, I can feel compassion. I was barely able to take care of myself, i definitely wouldn't be able to take care of a dog back then either, let alone one that reminded me of a painful situation.
Sometimes it's better for the pet to give it a new home and let it have a good life there than to keep it and let it be miserable and underfed for example.
But that's just my two cents.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
yeah I don't get why Tanya would have been the one to take her in the first place, it always seem Jim liked her more?
Could initially have been because she stayed in the house, while he was in his sister's apartment. Of course, he could have taken her when he moved into his own place, but maybe it was too late by then. I can't remember when he moved into his place. I think Martha was last seen (on Tanya's IG) in October 2019.

Reactions: 2
Off topic of the dog. But I'm currently watching Bulletproof on Now TV, and I've just got to the episode where Tanya is playing a receptionist, she couldn't even do that and seem natural. She seemed to be forcing a really fake version of her voice.

I do wonder what the motivation was for casting YouTubers as minor one line extras was in this show. Because Jack Howard also had a line as a doctor too. He was more natural and convincing at least.

Reactions: 6
yeah exactly, it is not enough just to have mediocre baking videos or what i eat in a day/watch me as i wander round having "meetings". I watch a lot of youtube and like someone said earlier some of the videos wouldn't be out of place on netflix/mainstream TV

I cannot imagine anyone who was an animal lover thinking that, if I had got a pet with an ex and we really coudn't agree I would make the sacrifice and give it to my partner because it would be better for the animal
Yes, so would I. But neither of them seems to have Martha, so where is she? If she has died, why not tell people? It must be something they expect criticism for.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.