Tanya Burr #8 Hairy Watchman on display, Martha still MIA, please put the midriff away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, so would I. But neither of them seems to have Martha, so where is she? If she has died, why not tell people? It must be something they expect criticism for.
I think they must have just assumed the speculation it would die down, but with both of their SM being so boring and everyone bored in lockdown of course it hasn;t :LOL: As someone else said, if she was just honest about what happened I would have a lot more respect for her. Of course having pets is hard and if you cannot look after them, better to find someone who can/or admit there had been some kind of accident and move on

Reactions: 3
I don't know about you guys but if Tanya were to come out and honestly say the felt too depressed to take care of a dog and wasn't able to give Martha the time and dedication she needed and in stead of neglecting her she gave her away I wouldn't be too mad at her to be honest. Like yes there are different options but as a person who has known very deep depression, I can feel compassion. I was barely able to take care of myself, i definitely wouldn't be able to take care of a dog back then either, let alone one that reminded me of a painful situation.
Sometimes it's better for the pet to give it a new home and let it have a good life there than to keep it and let it be miserable and underfed for example.
But that's just my two cents.
I mean, obviously we don't know what happened, but in this scenario, I would think that family (parent's, sister, Jim) would step in and take care of Martha until Tanya felt able to again. Then, I'm just relating this to my own family, where I know that's what would happen. I think, with these things, it's always better to keep the dog in the family if you can, in case you change your mind later. Give the dog to a shelter and there's no coming back!

In any case, there seems to be a whole lot of guilt and possibly regret involved in whatever ultimately did become of Martha.

Reactions: 11
If she's not dead, it's looking like something along those lines. It makes Tanya look really bad - and why otherwise would she ban all mention of the dog? I've always been of the assumption that Martha died, but now that her own brother is saying she's not dead, I don't know what to think! I really didn't think Tanya would just give the dog away to a shelter....what an awful thing to do if that's what happened (especially if Jim was willing to take her --and I think that would have been the case).

I don't think we'll be hearing anything more from Oscar on this!
He actually sent me a private message too not too much info on the dog though, if we keep asking he will slip hes not very mature

Off topic of the dog. But I'm currently watching Bulletproof on Now TV, and I've just got to the episode where Tanya is playing a receptionist, she couldn't even do that and seem natural. She seemed to be forcing a really fake version of her voice.

I do wonder what the motivation was for casting YouTubers as minor one line extras was in this show. Because Jack Howard also had a line as a doctor too. He was more natural and convincing at least.
Which episode??

Shes trying to distract us from martha so much she isnt aware of what day it is and is posting something she pre planned/saved😂😂
58C65A0A-DEF1-4DDB-9C07-387E4390099F.png
13EEC40A-426B-4D28-9162-9AE3491E40D7.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm interested!! ☕
Was he sleazy at all? Was he a teetotal then? And was he any goid at his studies, or did he coast??
Not sleazy at all, very geeky and awkward from what my sister said haha. No he wasn’t teetotal and I think he was alright not anything special! There’s a picture of them when he’s going back on uni pictures and I was like “whyyyy are you in this picture?”

I mean, we all kind of thought Tanya checked out of the marriage, and I know feelings change over time, but this puts a new spin on things. Maybe?
perhaps, this was over ten years ago now, but she was utterly obsessed over him. Wouldn’t leave him alone kind of thing.

Reactions: 4
Tanya Burr: Hair's a mess, 90s dress, failed actress. Martha? Time to confess! :oops:

Jim has always been a massive geek. He wasn't a loser or bullied, he was just a nobody in the social standing at school except for his family ties. He was Nicola's brother and she was uber cool and super popular and John's brother, also a cool kid who everyone fancied so Jim had a free pass because of that.
Jim never really had a lot of guy friends either as they got older. No like 'lads from football' or what have you. When he and Tanya got together she became his best friend. She was obsessed with him and he'd be more nonchalant but he always needed her more than she him. She'd be at parties with loads of people while he'd stay home or sit in one room not talking to anyone - he was very socially awkward.

Source: From their area, lots of mutual friends - TBF, This is going back 10-15+ odd years

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
She was obsessed with him and he'd be more nonchalant but he always needed her more than she him.
I always got this feeling from them. Like she was more enthusiastic about him but I always got the feeling he was deliberately kind of standoffish and playing hard to get in a way to keep her interested because he needed her more. Also really didn’t like the way he was always belittling her and putting her down for that reason, it’s like he was deliberately keeping her self esteem down a bit so that she would never leave him for someone better?

Reactions: 16
I always got this feeling from them. Like she was more enthusiastic about him but I always got the feeling he was deliberately kind of standoffish and playing hard to get in a way to keep her interested because he needed her more. Also really didn’t like the way he was always belittling her and putting her down for that reason, it’s like he was deliberately keeping her self esteem down a bit so that she would never leave him for someone better?
It's quite sad really. She would make a point to big him up and fawn over him because he, kind of had low self esteem, didn't believe she would really want him, but his response was often to act like she was an air-head idiot.
Like when someone can't take a compliment so has a self deprecating comeback- you might say 'you look great today' and they'd joke reply 'you need to get your eyes checked' but blush and appreciate it. Jim, being socially awkward, would say it in a crappy, accusative way to imply she was stupid for thinking it.

That was all early -pre-youtube days. I didn't really hear much after they got bigger and moved to London but I get the impression he started to believe his hype but never stopped behaving that way toward Tanya.

Thinking about it, she was doing it to be kind and bring him out of his shell and boost him. It's not surprising if she's become a bit bitter.

Reactions: 15
perhaps, this was over ten years ago now, but she was utterly obsessed over him. Wouldn’t leave him alone kind of thing.
Wouldn't they have been together quite a long time at this point? Jim seems to me like someone insecure enough to try to give off the impression that their partner is more enthusiastic than themselves. Rolling his eyes because his long term gf has texted him just makes him sound like an asshole imo.

ETA: I'd really like to hear other people's thoughts because I can't even imagine the side eye I'd give someone if they complained to me that their partner "wouldn't leave them alone" like unless you mean unhealthy obsessive controlling toxic traits which doesn't seem to be the implication here you're really just complaining that your partner wants to talk to you as if it hadn't occured to you that they like you and maybe want to tell you things about their day as it's happening?

Reactions: 7
I'd say "missing" instead of "dead". We don't know for sure so "dead" is a bit harsh? (sorry if I'm being too direct or strict)
Wheras I was like, "is short boyfriend offensive?" but still left it in. I'm so mean 😭😭😂

• Haha
Oscar is on Tanya’s side remember. And he seems like a tool. I reckon the “AHAHA WTF SHES NOT DEAD” is just another sarcastic comment to lead on from the other sarcastic comments.
of course that’s not the first time he would’ve heard that, therefore it not being a genuine answer.
he’s having a mess around because of people (quite rightly) continuing to ask.

Martha is not dead. They would have milked that. The general public are far less understanding of people who get a dog (especially influencers who get an instagram accessory dog) and then give them away.

Jim didn't have a permanent home so Martha stayed with T. She was making plans to sell up and move to LA and gave Martha away.. either that or it was the last connection she had to Jim and he insisted on visiting T under the pretense of visiting Martha. She gave Martha away, Sarah was bitter but Jim bought some sad sob story Tanya sold him about being depressed and not able to care for her.

They would never admit they gave Martha up, people would rip into them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oscar Burr is an absolute dose 🤦🏻‍♀️
He looks ridiculously unwell and off his head on drugs or something ... maybe that’s how they are both staying so thin these days 🥴

Reactions: 19
He looks ridiculously unwell and off his head on drugs or something ... maybe that’s how they are both staying so thin these days 🥴
He looks horrendous but it's a real look amongst boys higher-ed/pre-uni age in Norwich at the moment particularly the arty, music, media ones. (at least before lockdown)

Reactions: 3
He looks, and he writes, like a moron.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.