Tanya Burr #7 We haven’t forgotten about Martha Moo but who is your new Boo?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say, I remain unconvinced, looking at photos from years ago I’m personally not spotting it. Are they fuller to the sides rather than just the middle like the pic below, how do you tell? I’m often unsure if people have or not. She’s an idiot if she has done it. Trying to be an actress and having any kind of enhancements on the face (her brows are bad enough) just doesn’t go.

View attachment 271452
I think she looks really nice here. Her hair was nice, she had a fairly successful business, engagement on her socials. What the hell happened, Tarn?

Reactions: 8
Here are some pictures to prove she definitely has had something done to her lips. In the past, her top lip was visibly thinner than lower lip. Also her cupid's bow was more pronounced (there was a dip in the middle) and now it's kind of rounded.
tan.jpg

Tanya+Burr+One+Direction+World+Premiere+London+mgFzzpYOYtel.jpg

tanya-burr-122642.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Here are some pictures to prove she definitely has had something done to her lips. In the past, her top lip was visibly thinner than lower lip. Also her cupid's bow was more pronounced (there was a dip in the middle) and now it's kind of rounded.
View attachment 272244

View attachment 272245

View attachment 272246
I'm not sure - I think if she has had fillers it's no more than 1ml (speaking as someone who has had them done!) Also people's lips tend to 'thin out' when smiling.

Reactions: 7
Stumbled on this thread -
Damn Tanya burr where do I start lol

My vivid memory of her is being 14 years old and meeting her at her London book signing for her baking book

Worst £20 of my life, I saved up two weeks of lunch money to go to her book signing on oxford street
When it was my turn, I was buzzing to meet her after watching her since I was 11 years old
I recall telling her ‘thank you for being a source of positivity in my life’ ....
she didn’t even smile? she was like thanks with a stiff lip response (photo similarity attached for context) and it .. really hurt

I know it may not feel that my ethnicity/race matters yet as a young, impressionable 14 year old girl whos brown and didnt have any bipoc people to look up to at a young age in a world where white people were the standard of YouTube, she looked at me up and down and responded with that stiff lip smile and my heart sank

I instantly felt like I wasn’t good enough for her, the encounter heightened the internalised colourism and hatred I had for my non Caucasian skin tone. I was the only person of colour and she smiled and hugged every other teenage girl, who were all white. Yet I didn’t receive the same. No 14 year old should ever internalise or be made to feel like that, especially from someone they admired and supported

Anyways I’m over it now I guess, after that I never watched her again cause I was traumatised from the encounter and only now have I processed what happened at 19 years old, don’t get me wrong what happened was wrong.
I don’t want people to respond to this saying oh that’s ridiculous it’s not cause of your skin tone, cause it’s dismissive and really felt like that when someone looks you up and down and doesn’t even smile at you whilst you watch every Caucasian girl, who looks like Tanya get a hug and massive smile and thanks and you walk away with such an unfortunate exchange of energy

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

My vivid memory of her is being 14 years old and meeting her at her London book signing for her baking book

Worst £20 of my life
When it was my turn, I was buzzing to meet her after watching her since I was 11 years old
I recall telling her ‘thank you for being a source of positivity in my life’ ....
she didn’t even smile? she was like thanks with a stiff lip response (photo similarity attached for context) and it .. really hurt

I know it may not feel that my ethnicity/race matters yet as a young, impressionable 14 year old girl whos brown and didnt have any bipoc people to look up to at a young age in a world where white people were the standard of YouTube, she looked at me up and down and responded with that stiff lip smile and my heart sank

I instantly felt like I wasn’t good enough for her, the encounter heightened the internalised colourism and hatred I had for my non Caucasian skin tone. I was the only person of colour and she smiled and hugged every other teenage girl, who were all white. Yet I didn’t receive the same. No 14 year old should ever internalise or be made to feel like that, especially from someone they admired and supported

Anyways I’m over it now I guess, after that I never watched her again cause I was traumatised from the encounter and only now have I processed what happened at 19 years old, don’t get me wrong what happened was wrong.
I don’t want people to respond to this saying oh that’s ridiculous it’s not cause of your skin tone, cause it’s dismissive and really felt like that when someone looks you up and down and doesn’t even smile at you whilst you watch every Caucasian girl, who looks like Tanya get a hug and massive smile and thanks and you walk away with such an unfortunate exchange of energy
Ugh I am so sorry she treated you like that. She is awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Worst £20 of my life, I saved up two weeks of lunch money to go to her book signing on oxford street

I'm so sorry she was such a nasty piece of work to you. I know you know it now but it bears repeating, you deserved a hug and a cheesy smile like everyone else.

Your personal experience with Tanya echoes what others have said here and in other forums. What we see now is not really a "change in personality." She was always this bitchy, self-absorbed, vapid shell of a woman, she just used to hide it behind a cheerful facade.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ve always said she was fake and this proves it. I’m sorry that you had such a horrible experience with her

Reactions: 14

That’s really awful and I’m really sorry she did that to you. What a witch. I don’t care if she comes from a predominantly white area, she’s lived in London a long time now, does she treat everyone she encounters who isn’t white like that I wonder? 😖

• Wow
Reactions: 16
That’s really awful and I’m really sorry she did that to you. What a witch. I don’t care if she comes from a predominantly white area, she’s lived in London a long time now, does she treat everyone she encounters who isn’t white like that I wonder? 😖
One of her best friends is Asian so I highly doubt it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm not defending Tanya, I still think she is vapid, but for the bad encounters & meet and greets... I have a feeling it could also be due to the fact, that when the Gleam team was on their prime, a lot of their "Gleamers" had to participate in things that they might not want to or were comfortable with. I think someone already posted in one of the other treads that the way they do their products (Niomi with skincare, Tanya with Christmas books, Zoe with books about hosting..) they just throw every opportunity at them, even if its not something that they are keen on.

Reactions: 13
One of her best friends is Asian so I highly doubt it.
That means nothing, people can be closeted racists irrespective of having friends/family that are bipoc
This was 5 years ago so she could have been racist at the time. Like I mentioned, 5 years ago white people were the standard of YouTube, her entire circle were people who looked like her. Perhaps it may not be the case in 2020 yet to say she now has an asian friend (token friend, perhaps?) and that she can’t treat people differently is bizarre

I'm not defending Tanya, I still think she is vapid, but for the bad encounters & meet and greets... I have a feeling it could also be due to the fact, that when the Gleam team was on their prime, a lot of their "Gleamers" had to participate in things that they might not want to or were comfortable with. I think someone already posted in one of the other treads that the way they do their products (Niomi with skincare, Tanya with Christmas books, Zoe with books about hosting..) they just throw every opportunity at them, even if its not something that they are keen on.
There’s no correlation with her being pressured to do a book signing and treating a 14 year old the way she did

Reactions: 29
Ι don't think that this incident had anything to do with the fact that the girl was a POC. The girl felt bad about it. I'm sure Tanya was this rude to every little girl no matter the race. Because these YTbers think they're celebs and everyone else is beneath them. Not every white person is a closeted/open racist.

Also in the topic of book signings/meet and greets etc let's not forget that these people have no idea who their fans are, whereas their fans grew up watching them, loving them-They're friends with them in their minds. So fans, especially young kids/teens, are over the top excited and friendly, whereas the celebs are just normal people who behave as normal people would if they saw someone for the first time. Let's please bear this in mind, aside from the fact that, yes, Tanya and these Gleamers are insufferable, entitled twats.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Lalisa_mb to each their own, but keep in mind, that everyone can have their opinion on how they see things. I also think that people are allowed to have a bad day, and I am sorry if you can't seem to see the correlation with being under pressure, and acting bitchy. I believe that some people are just cold in real life and their youtube personas are so fake when they forget how to act (for example, over the top smiling with the rest of the fans), they appear even worse as they are.

Also, I want to point out that in no way I am defending racism, treating people badly, or acting bitchy for no reason. :)

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I think if this young lady felt she was treated differently because of her race, we need to listen to that. Always.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 88
I'm a brown girl, and I learnt to identify those who treat me differently as soon as I moved to the West (as a teenager). As people who were not present for the incident, and who have presumably never experienced racism (especially from 'allies'), I don't think it's the place of forum members to state that this incident had nothing to do with Tanya's casual racism.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.