Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sibyl Vane

VIP Member
That's not even remotely the same though. You're using equipment . She used their audience, their ideas, their fame. I don't know what you do for work but let's say you're in insurance. This would be like you setting up your own firm, taking the clients of your old firm with you, and copying every single document they had, just using a different font.

Tanya got thousands of subscribers off Sam's back. Who knows how many more did she get because her account name was a variation of theirs, so she'd have shown up on the searches. She copied Sam's business model.

She was always a mediocre MUA on other people. Remember those videos with subscribers where she'd just scrub at people's faces and yank their eyelids and be overall terrible? No way would her side hustle kept up for long without YouTube. No way did she have talent to make it on her own.

She became bigger thanks to connections to other YouTubers like Zoe. She copied everything they did, including their personality.

Early Tanya videos showed her quiet and sullen. Then when Zoe became big, suddenly Tanya was bubbly and friendly and silly and approachable. She's a fake, uncreative person.

Her one talent back then was knowing who to copy. She now copies people whose style doesn't suit her and that's why she's more irrelevant than an expired pickle these days.
---

Exactly. And to me, she'd have never been invited to be anyone by Dom without having met Sam through Jim. Without those connections, Tanya Burr would be back in Norfolk, having had a string of failed mediocre jobs and we would have never heard her name.
YES!
TanTan was destined to be the Poundland version of Boots' Sam, only for kids and pre-teens audiences. I'm old enough to remember that when Sam would post a smoky eye tutorial, a glitter tutorial, a MAC products tutorial, and whatnot, TanTan would follow suit. This pattern happened too many a time to be a simple coincidence.
So no, most definitely absolutely massively no, no merit from TanTan other than industrially copying Sam, then Sam and Nic.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Completely disagree.
Yes she’s a shitbag, fame hungry etc. But she started dating a man after he split from his wife. And was getting crazy amount of abuse thrown at her and her child for being a home wrecker and that out of everything she is, she wasn’t. It was nothing to do with her or Margo. Hate on an innocent child is never a cop out.

• Sick

littlepup

VIP Member
I know Jim is the worst and she was lucky to escape him, but she also owes everything she has professionally and materially to Jim. If they had not been dating there's no way Sam and Nic would have set her up with her YouTube account that was a variation of their own name, and given her thousands of initial subscribers for free. She would have never made it without them.
No, I don’t think that’s fair in general. That link got her in the door but she had something about her. There were other chapman clan that didn’t get very far with it because they didn’t.
You don’t owe your carreer to the person who trained you or gave you your first job or any of that, it discredits everyone’s own efforts

She was doing prom and wedding make up before YT, while working on MAC. You’d have a group of girls all getting ready together at one house and she’d go round and do them all. She’d charge £25 pp for prom + £10 for MAC lashes 😂. Probably charged more for an individual booking but I don’t think she did it for long before YT took off.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Is it normal for hair to be such a strong part of people's identity?

This is a genuine question; I'm Autistic and hair is a bunch of mostly-dead cells that occasionally become inconvenient and need to be clipped short again. Like fingernails. It seems genuinely bizarre to me that someone would think hair is "who they are" or somehow represents their identity. But does it? Is that how people actually think?

i think there's a spectrum of how much people identify with their hair and how it makes them "themselves", but it is very personal for many. Hair is directly visible and can change your look instantly, the same person can look entirely different, good or bad, by getting a haircut or dye job. So from that angle, many people will place a lot of importance on how their hair looks and might place more importance of significance on it than fingernails. While they're visible of course as well, they aren't as noticeable.

formerly_sitkx

Chatty Member
Omg the way she’s been trying to kiss celebrity ass ever since her “acting” career launched…how is she not embarrassed to pretend she’s friends with them

• Haha

November_again

VIP Member
She also decided to do a 180 and go from the next girl door, bubbly persona to the sullen, self-serious, "It Girl" persona. And it was so obviously fake that no one resonated with it.
I often wonder if hairy watchman knows the real Tanya and if she's even capable of being herself anymore after pretending to be someone she's not for her audience her whole adult life.
He had never met her brunette, homely, clumsy and bubbly self. She was already the aloof, vaping, skinny actress persona who considered herself part of the new primrose hill actors generation.
When they met, she was talking about wanting to work with Luca Guadagnino (Call me by your name) and staring in a few Hollywood productions (no RomComs though, they're beneath her) before starting a family.

Is that seriously the person he fell for or is she someone completely different behind the scenes? And does it not bother him how easy it is for her to put on a fake persona for social media? I guess it pays for their millionaire lifestyle, so probably not.

Fhoody

The newest stories about getting a company in to tidy her cupboards - I don’t know whether to be envious or disgusted 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

QueenBW

VIP Member
Tanya's "job" (does she even have one, really?) is to be an influencer. I don't expect perfection but I do expect a cared for appearance, since she's selling her image. This is not criticizing a random woman off the street.

Tanya has the time and the means to take better care of her hair. She used to have ads for hair care products. Not surprisingly , they don't seem to sponsor her anymore. She's losing on work and she's just plain damaging her hair. She should care for her own sake.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
This outfit is hideous and so unflattering.
Are silky trousers and skirts a thing now? The present Mrs Jim Chapman wears them too. And Anna Edit as well I think.

Screenshot_20240416_102738.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow

lip1

What in the name of all that is holy is this "outfit"?
Are you living under a rock? It's called a "Poppy Deyes", and came into fashion around 2018, and remained a classic ever since!
Few people can pull it off, but our Tan can. She is that good. Always was, and always will be. There it is. Fact.

😆

• Haha