Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

oshare

VIP Member
I watched her vlog yesterday and I, too, am camp "I quite enjoyed that" to be honest. I did skip some parts (her fashion content, because I'm simply not interested) but I enjoyed the other bits and I love long(er) form content so I agree with her. I still watch a lot of long(er) videos, I enjoy that I can just watch a video as I'm eating (I live alone) it feels like having some company and it makes me feel less lonely and I don't like having to put on a new video every 5 minutes or so. A vlog like Tanya's is perfect for me for this kind of thing. It's comforting in that way. And she clearly put effort into it, she filmed quite a bit and I was just glad she didn't put her butt on a chair and rambled for 40 minutes straight, she put in a nice selection of bits and bops. I wonder if she'll keep it up though. I was glad to see she looked a lot more comfortable and at ease with herself. I also enjoyed seeing a bit of London here and there.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

QueenBW

VIP Member
I'm cackling at how she's acting like this is a revolutionary outfit that she has to explain when she's just copying other influencers/people like Bella Hadid with the Gazelles and looks like their frumpy cousin from the suburbs and it's the most basic outfit in the world. She didn't even accessorize.

1000099395.jpg

The ill fitting jeans, the terrible sweater knot, and the frizzy fried hair. Wonder if anyone's crazy enough to be paying for her Substack to see more brilliant outfits like this one 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Going back to youtube because the bank account has dried up! Oh if only you'd been smarter Ms Burr and left all your classic content up you wouldn't have to go crawling back

Oaklyn

I remember this differently-- it seemed to me like they both had a contractual #ad obligation to film "Our house in LA" vlogs. But they timed the trip so that they almost never saw each other, each doing other travel (I think he did Vegas and she was in Florida or something?) so it seemed they were only in the house together for one night. And even then he couldn't stop making digs about how messy she was, how her stuff was everywhere etc.
I'm dying remembering how the LA trip was all about work because Jim was a 'screenwriter' and what the hell was Tanya? Auditioning actor? But their levels of delusion were off the hook. Both talking as if they're firmly embedded in an industry and not people just starting out. YouTube made people really think they were something. Jim keeps talking about depression and sharing photos of his YT fame days. He should have given himself time to get over Tanya before jumping into something new.

Sibyl Vane

VIP Member
She did used to work as a makeup counter girl and do private MUA bookings for weddings and proms etc
At that time, Samantha Chapman started pixiwoo, then when she gave birth to her second daughter, teamed up with sister Nicola. It started as a side gig until her return, but ended up being a lucrative racket they were all profiteering from. Guess who didn't last at the makeup counter and hopped on the choochoo express to Moneyville, going to extra mile by ripping off the SILs yt moniker, using pixi2woo..? Not a single original idea stems from TanTan Burr-ing.

• Haha

mg95

VIP Member
It was a wierd scenario from memory. Didn't Rhys go on holiday with them at one point? And Tanya wore his t shirts?
I reckon she got swept up in her new acting life and he was massively part of it.
Who knows if she physically cheated. She didn't hide her massive crush on him. Tbh I'd find that hard if I was Jim, but there are two sides to every story always.
Yup they went on a couples trip to Singapore for New Years/Jim's birthday. Rhys wore her Gucci tee while they were there. Jim also flew home early but Tanya stayed and went to Vietnam with Rhys right after. His gf might have gone too but idk. Tan and Jim did one more trip together to LA a few weeks later. I remember we spotted they seemed to be in different bedrooms. Then the divorce announcement followed shortly after. All so strange. Unhinged actually. Tanya at this time was also in her body-checking era and constantly posting bikini pics. She even directly copied a few poses from Rhys' girlfriend's instagram. They also wore matching outfits to hike

1717692547673.png

Also lmao

1717692575118.png

Does anyone else remember when Tanya posted those short incoherent drunken instagram stories with Rhys and her other cast members? They all had a sleepover at Tanya's house and I don't think Jim was there. I think Jim used to stay at his 'office' flat quite often. Also just worth noting is the kind of person Rhys is when he drinks and the lot of them were always posting themselves drinking in late 2018/early 2019.

We can conclude she definitely emotionally cheated at the very least. But if having a crush/flirting is cheating then Jim was certainly guilty too. Who remembers his assistant Daisy? Or when he grabbed Kate's bum?

• Wow

QueenBW

VIP Member
Gabriella Lindley (mad as a box of frogs now) said Tanya was a mean girl years ago. Well she didn't say it but she said she was at a Gleam party and that someone was a snooty b*tch, she then did an impersonation and it was spot on Tanya 😂
But like Louise, Gabriella had a problematic love/hate thing with Zoella. So who knows.

There have been plenty of rumors Tanya is a jerk over the years. Like that girl who was a smaller YouTuber and Tanya was a jerk to her at some event. Regular fans who said they'd seen Tanya about town and tried to approach her but had been treated like shit.

She definitely thinks she's a proper celebrity when she's just a talentless girl who was related to the right people and forced to start a YouTube channel by them with the impulse their millions of followers gave her. She acts like she's an EGOT winner but all she's got is a humongous ego.

Meg1912

VIP Member
Wow her hair looks so damaged in the reel she just posted! So much so that I thought there was something wrong with the picture quality!? It looks so dry, why on earth does she keep it like that!?
OMG! I thought the same! 🙈🙈
20240219_141717.jpg
Screenshot_20240219-090902_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Her and Jim were looking at their sage plant and kept mentioning it, Sarah was filming an laughing. This was a few days after Tanya revealed the name. Very petty.
Bet they thought themselves very clever about it, too.
Not a fan of the name, but.... imagine their behaviour if anyone dared to make fun, even oblique fun, of their kids' names.

Rosie34567-2

VIP Member
The audacity of her to come back to YouTube…wow.

Especially after she disrespected her viewers by refusing to acknowledge her YouTube career and she wiped her own channel practically overnight.

I haven’t watched the video yet, but it seems like an act of desperation. She must need money. 😂 #karma

newaroundhere123

the thing is, her moving house isn't exciting news for her 'fans' is it, it literally doesn't affect anyone else at all - launching a makeup range, writing a book or starting an acting career might be but ooop, you've done all those, so... 🤷‍♀️

pinkypurr

Chatty Member
She is a normal size. I saw her in Oxford Street pre-baby. I think she's a size 10-12. She was slim but didn't look emaciated like her insta.
Personally I think her natural auburn hair was stunning and unique and she looked better curvier. But I suspect skinny Jim was behind her losing weight. His wife has lost tons of weight post childbirth.

formerly_sitkx

Chatty Member
Yes I agree with you. That outdoor space and such little of it. Would put me off. You couldn’t have children playing game of football / cricket in that. Not a young family garden, for sure. Will put off a few.
Jim did the same to the house he bought , after that one . Took aload of space off the outside to extend it. Took all the colouring away no grass etc . Did not look good. Turned into Small bland area.
the fact that Jim tiled his entire garden with some ugly pink gifted tile still blows my mind…

• Haha
Reactions: 18

bracrumbs

Chatty Member
YouTube Tanya was charismatic for sure. She might have been a mean girl in real life but she was certainly shiny on the vlogs. She was also really pretty but relatable with her size 14 jeans.

It was the acting dreams that killed everything for her. Perhaps shiny, glossy brunette Tan was an act so removed from who she really is that she assumed she could do any ol’ acting. I suspect she wanted more fame more than anything and thought Hollywood was waiting. Maybe if she’d have looked for roles that were more ‘Tanya‘ the YouTuber, she could have eased her way in but I think she also wanted cool fame more.

dee_mc

VIP Member
What irritates me is not that she won’t admit outright she was rubbish (I mean, who would?), but that she keeps repeating this line, which she started iterating when she was in the thick of it and wasn’t getting cast, about how difficult and how much of a hustle it is, as though that’s why she couldn’t make it. Don’t get me wrong, it absolutely is prohibitively difficult to make it as an actor, but we all know that is not, actually, the primary reason why she didn’t make it. It’s incredibly disingenuous for her to have ever presented herself as a struggling aspiring actor. Unless I missed something, she has never, ever acknowledged the incredible leg up she had over actual struggling aspiring actors having to ‘hustle’ out there—the money to buy parts, the connections, the ‘fame’ to get stunt-cast as a lead in the play. In fact, when she was getting panned in ‘Confidence’, she had the gall to make out that it was because of who she is (not classically trained), as though she was not, in fact, cast in the first place simply for who she is. She can ignore as much as she wants to how rubbish she was, but it irritates the flake out of me when she pretends to have been just another struggling actor, who couldn’t make it because of ‘how the industry is.’
"Irritates the flake out of me"
🤣
👌

• Haha
  • Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
She really always wants to be and do the things she's less suited for.

A speaker? When most of the time she speaks it sounds like her tongue is too thick for her mouth? Jesus.

• Haha