Tanya Burr #15 She's expecting a little sprog but we haven't forgotten about the dog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what made her consider acting in the first place. How was that her “dream”? I think I first heard it through Zoe and I was surprised. And did (or maybe still does) Jim want to be a director or something? Did they want to become a power couple? 🥲 I guess all I want to know is how this started, did she just announce it one day? Sorry if it’s been discussed before
I remember when she and Jim lived in the London flat she announced she was starting acting lessons. A woman came round to give her private tuition. As usual Jim announced 'yeah I'm really proud of my wife'.
So wierd. I just had a flashback then to when she and Jim lived in a house before they bought their little Norwich house. It was a sort of barn conversion with beams everywhere. Just at the start of the Gleam Brit YTer phenomenon, before influencing was acknowledged as a 'thing'. I even remember being slightly envious because their lives seemed so sorted. I suppose that is how the whole influencer culture crept in - sort of attainable envy.

Reactions: 20
I wonder what made her consider acting in the first place. How was that her “dream”? I think I first heard it through Zoe and I was surprised. And did (or maybe still does) Jim want to be a director or something? Did they want to become a power couple? 🥲 I guess all I want to know is how this started, did she just announce it one day? Sorry if it’s been discussed before
Yeah, she basically just announced it one day claiming it'd been her lifelong dream. Except she'd only been involved in a theater group when she was a literal child. Most people who want to be actors are in plays and theater troupes their whole lives. She blamed it on her anxiety (it was around that time when she was claiming to have crippling anxiety).

Jim wanted to be a screenplay writer, still claims to have a project in development but no one has heard from that in years.

Both delusional people who thought because they'd managed to strike gold with YouTube they could translate that into mainstream fame and success. But they didn't have an ounce of talent between them.

I remember when she and Jim lived in the London flat she announced she was starting acting lessons. A woman came round to give her private tuition. As usual Jim announced 'yeah I'm really proud of my wife'.
So wierd. I just had a flashback then to when she and Jim lived in a house before they bought their little Norwich house. It was a sort of barn conversion with beams everywhere. Just at the start of the Gleam Brit YTer phenomenon, before influencing was acknowledged as a 'thing'. I even remember being slightly envious because their lives seemed so sorted. I suppose that is how the whole influencer culture crept in - sort of attainable envy.
Exactly this. I also remember this era and I remember thinking it seemed like a really nice, cosy life and they seemed successful but in a normal way. They weren't getting invited to awards or getting literally everything sponsored or gifted, or at least they weren't forced to disclose it so we didn't know how much they got for free. It seemed like we could all achieve that, not necessarily through YT or social media, but it just seemed like a good "normal" life. Not what they became with their million pound houses, their Dior this and Chanel that, their endless waste, their fakeness.

Reactions: 27
Tanyas acting thing was a bit like a lottery winner who thinks he's an financial genius. :ROFLMAO:
She just got lucky with the right time on Youtube, and being Zoellas friend. Then the Youtube attention got into her head.

Reactions: 25
I loved Tanya’s vlogmas videos when she was more down to Earth, I love Christmas and they had a very warm festive vibe that I loved, Tanya took her followers for granted she wasn’t prepared to do the bare minimum like a weekly vlog with a few little clips of her day at least that would have kept her relevant to people, Louise pentland remarked the other day that you can share content that you feel comfortable sharing while not sharing that much at all. I feel that’s true,

• Heart
Reactions: 23
That whole ‘the industry looks down on youtubers and it’s hindering my acting career’ excuse was such nonsense omgggg. Didn’t Sophie Turner even say in an interview she got cast in a film over another actress (who was much more talented) purely because she has millions of social media followers?

Casting directors aren’t going to be put off by a built in audience and free marketing potential. It’s the her total and utter lack of any acting ability that held Tanya back. If she was even moderately talented (like Joe Sugg) then her influencer ‘fame’ would’ve been an asset. Even the meagre roles that she did get are pretty astonishing considering she literally cannot act in slightest. YouTube got her in the door but she had nothing else to back it up.

Side note but I bet it burns Jim even more so that Tanya not only moved on, but to a guy who actually has an established job in the film industry. Compared to his non existent script writing career that’s been circling the drain from day one. Atleast for Tanya she gets to keep a solid connection to that world moving forward. The influencer gravy train is drying up now so I can’t see Jim and Sarah getting movie premier invites in the next few years.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This is so random and off topic, but her old book “Love Tanya” has been used in promo for the new planes being developed in my country

1B60DAB9-DB42-4C26-A923-325E6EF95820.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Stopping yt was a terrible mistake. If I were her, I would have used trying for a baby/pregnancy to come back ro yt…people love that stuff. It would have been great to re-engage old followers and re-appeal to those who are now in a similar life stage as hers. She could still keep hwm and baby private. The occasional vlog, q&a, weekly vlogmas, etc. would have stopped her from being forgotten by everyone lol.

Reactions: 34
Oh come on. There is absolutely no way in this goddamn universe that she is going to call her son bleeping BOGDAN.
bleeping Bogdan? Sorry what’s wrong with that name? Funnily enough as you said ‘goddamn universe’ Bog means God. It’s a Slavic name, like Tanya and Natasha and I might be biased as my brothers name is Bogdan (also many cousins) but for me it’s beautiful and it has a beautiful meaning too. It’s pronounced Bawg-dhan (in Slavic we don’t have spelling so you read letter by letter and it’s very simple)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Do we really think her parents went for intentionally Slavic names??? Is one of her parents Eastern European or am I missing something? She’ll pick a boring pseudo-posh name and be done with it. She probably wants double barrelled but Burr-Hurley (or however he spells it) hasn’t got a nice ring to it, wouldn’t be surprised if she opted for her surname instead.

Reactions: 6
bleeping Bogdan? Sorry what’s wrong with that name? Funnily enough as you said ‘goddamn universe’ Bog means God. It’s a Slavic name, like Tanya and Natasha and I might be biased as my brothers name is Bogdan (also many cousins) but for me it’s beautiful and it has a beautiful meaning too. It’s pronounced Bawg-dhan (in Slavic we don’t have spelling so you read letter by letter and it’s very simple)
Whatever it means, she is NEVER going to choose a name that sounds so ugly in English. Sorry. Her kid will be named Arlo or Juliet. Not Bogdan.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Whatever it means, she is NEVER going to choose a name that sounds so ugly in English. Sorry. Her kid will be named Arlo or Juliet. Not Bogdan.
It’s ugly to you. You don’t need to judge a name that harshly just because it’s ‘not English’. Tanya is not English either. So ignorant to be this rude about a name. Your nick is Sheleg (Hebrew, not English either) and it has a funny ring in English so I don’t think you can even judge anyone’s name lol

Reactions: 17
It’s ugly to you. You don’t need to judge a name that harshly just because it’s ‘not English’. Tanya is not English either. So ignorant to be this rude about a name. Your nick is Sheleg (Hebrew, not English either) and it has a funny ring in English so I don’t think you can even judge anyone’s name lol
Why are you taking this so personally? You’ve literally joined a thread to complain about the fact that people are mocking A NAME! Think you need to chill out a bit! 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Why are you taking this so personally? You’ve literally joined a thread to complain about the fact that people are mocking A NAME! Think you need to chill out a bit! 🙄
Especially because I’m 99% sure the baby won’t be called Bogdan anyway…

• Haha
Reactions: 17
People here were making jokes about the name and Bogdan came up because people thought it sounded funny combined with Burr ("Bogdan Burr"). Many many names with a B got mentioned, it wasn't anything deep or meaningful.
On this topic, I like the name Tanya, english or not. A nice normal name. Better than people calling their kids Yahoo, Google or Burger King.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Bruh…

Bogdan might be a beautiful name in the Slavic languages but it’s legit ugly in English. Bog is slang for toilet.

Sheleg is my cat’s name, which is why I chose it as my screen name. Screen name. Not given name.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Shes going to choice something pretentious like Ophelia like zoe did with Otille
Exactly, she‘s a self proclaimed “bookworm“ so I can imagine she names the child in honour after a character…or (secretly) I’m she names the baby after an actor or director etc. because that would be so cringe 🤣

Reactions: 11
Bogdan Burr sounds bleeping stupid. Chill ya beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Too bad there's already an Oscar in her family, she could have named her baby that. It's the only way she'll ever have an Oscar in her life.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.