Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she looks nice in that engagement party dress 🤷🏻‍♀️ a lot of body shaming going on in this thread rn

Reactions: 16
I think she looks nice in the second pic but in the first pic she looks like she could be in her 40s

Reactions: 6
I think she looks nice in that engagement party dress 🤷🏻‍♀️ a lot of body shaming going on in this thread rn
She looks nice in dress. It’s not body shaming. Most of it is how you can go from super obsessed to fitness and nutrition to unmotivated and unbalanced diet.

Also is she ab
I think she looks nice in the second pic but in the first pic she looks like she could be in her 40s
also is she angling photos to look bigger?

Reactions: 2
Who’s page are the pics on?

I think she looks lovely! Cute outfit and hair/make up look nice 😊

Reactions: 1
I get Tally’s message to some extent of you don’t have to over train and obsess over food and nutrition but it’s definitely about having a balance. I was like tally 2 years ago during the lockdown I felt miserable and bad about myself because I could not get to a gym.

I have lost weight and feel good in dresses at a size 14 but I don’t need to rub it in all over social media because my body size does not define who I am! I used to be envious of those who are super skinny and fit but now I start to feel sorry for people who are over obsessed just as those who are overweight and struggling.

I barely get any likes on my instagram anymore because I am not the clean girl aesthetic with filters but I am 32 and I am not defined by instagram or social media. I think Tally needs to put this across more. I had to unfollow her a while ago .

Reactions: 8
I’ve just come across Tally Rye and I am thoroughly confused about her value add or purpose.
In a nutshell, she’s a massive hypocrite. She was a personal trainer who developed an unhealthy habit with food restriction and over-exercising. In a bid to overcome this, she embraced her own version of the ‘intuitive movement’ and went full-on in the opposite direction, which appears to involve 10 minutes of dancing in her living room while pulling silly faces and eating whatever she wants, when she wants. She obviously put on quite a lot of weight in the process and became too unfit to teach fitness classes. Instead of finding some sort of balance between the two, she just flipped her narrative and business model to suit herself.

She now goes on and on about how this is what being healthy is all about, even though she’s far from a picture of health. God knows who is signing up to whatever she’s offering, but she appears to make a living from convincing women who are inexperienced with fitness and nutrition that she knows best and if they count calories and follow an exercise plan, they’ll end up with a disorder too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so conflicted by her (again). I personally don’t think she can pull off no makeup. But then I have to ask myself where that thought comes from. Men don’t wear makeup and nobody tells them they can’t pull off that look. So why do I have this baked-in idea that Tally shouldn’t be confident enough to go makeup free, just because she’s not perfect? It’s tricky. Sorry, just rambling!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've followed her for a couple of years and used to really love her workouts and found her fitness content some of the most useful on insta, but I just find her so confusing now. She just seems to have lost all sense of balance. Like, surely going from one extreme to the other isn't particularly healthy in itself? And intuitive eating just ignores how addictive so many processed foods are

I don't diet or calorie count, but do try to have some sort of self awareness about what I'm eating and try to keep it balanced (and I have teenage daughters so am always aware of how they pick up on habits too). Intuitive eating would just be a disaster for me personally

Reactions: 9
Hello! Learned of this thread from the Zanna one. interesting to read your thoughts, many of which I've had myself. I stopped following Tally a little while back, mainly as I found her content became a bit mumsy and boring but also because, despite what she preaches, her content is probably more diet-related now than ever.

Constantly apologising and explaining herself if someone finds her wording too diety. If you're happy in your own skin, and want to move away from diet culture, surely you'd just stop making your body the focus of everything? I have friends who aren't sporty, who have bits of their body they're not fans of but they live their lives merrily regardless and just rein themselves in now and then on the booze etc and do the odd gym session to compensate.

Tally would probably benefit from moving out of the "fitness influencer" realm altogether so that body imagine isn't always at the fore.

Also, small peeve - and I'm in no way trendy or stylish - I don't know how she always manages to find the most unflattering outfits, regardless of her size. Ramble over!

Reactions: 11
Also, small peeve - and I'm in no way trendy or stylish - I don't know how she always manages to find the most unflattering outfits, regardless of her size. Ramble over!
I agree, I’m a similar size to her although a lot taller and not so heavy in the middle but I would never wear half the stuff she does. Tight tailored shorts and trousers that cut into her belly fat. Crop tops etc. She should learn to dress for her size. Or maybe she does it to look bigger?

Reactions: 6
I’m so conflicted by her (again). I personally don’t think she can pull off no makeup. But then I have to ask myself where that thought comes from. Men don’t wear makeup and nobody tells them they can’t pull off that look. So why do I have this baked-in idea that Tally shouldn’t be confident enough to go makeup free, just because she’s not perfect? It’s tricky. Sorry, just rambling!
I get this.
I have no desire to tell her what or how she should look and how large or small here body is - none of that is for me to dictate and there is no reason at all why she should care about my opinion either. I am very much a live and let live kind of girl. As women we absolutely should not feel pressured to spend hours and small fortunes on our make up an hair but if we want to make the effort then crack on.
What infuriates me about Tally is that she doesn't have a balanced view and pushes ideologies that will be harmful for some as the only way. Newsflash Tally - there is a place for scales, MyFitness Pal and movement trackers in life.

This attitude and the stream of appaling ads and freebies and her consistent promotion of Abercrombie & Fitch a company that have created such body image toxicity really grate. This, and her general sense of entitlement mean that she can get in the bin as far as I'm concerned.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Her dress sense is terrible - don’t understand why her and zanna at barely 30 are dressing like housewives. Such an unflattering look. I quite like the engagement dress but not a fan of the headband. I actually think she’d look nice with a bit of length to her hair.

What I don’t enjoy about her content also is anything goals based she doesn’t seem to agree with - actively discouraging people against doing marathons, challenges etc as it’s all rooted in diet culture? Actually no it’s not.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.