Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have an ongoing internal conflict between anti diet culture and wanting to lose weight too! Thanks for putting into words how I feel ❤
I’m working with a coach right now to achieve a fat and weight loss goal and it’s the best thing EVER! I feel so inspired and it’s working. I never thought I could lose weight. So that’s amazing + I feel more happy, energised and confident around my other half. Highly recommend!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m working with a coach right now to achieve a fat and weight loss goal and it’s the best thing EVER! I feel so inspired and it’s working. I never thought I could lose weight. So that’s amazing + I feel more happy, energised and confident around my other half. Highly recommend!
It’s sad that an ’anti anti-diet’ movement would be met with so much hate!

Reactions: 3
It’s sad that an ’anti anti-diet’ movement would be met with so much hate!
Have a listen to the EC method podcast ep. 307. It’s only 20 mins but pretty much sums up the benefits of coaching and actually has a good response to the anti-diet culture. Dieting, exercise, general movement has so many health benefits as well as the mental ones - increased confidence in all areas of life.

I’m starting coaching on Monday, I’ve tried it before a few times but have such an all or nothing mentality, that I gave up as soon as I went over my calories one day or missed a workout. But I’m starting to work on that as it’s all about being consistent and knowing the process takes time. I just need some accountability. I love exercise and actually have a L3 PT qualification, I’m just not consistent with my diet and really want to discipline myself and see what I can achieve because I don’t feel comfortable as I am and fed up of thinking this time next year it’ll be different and it never is!

I understand Tally’s view as diet culture can been so damaging and you can be healthy at any size (to some extent) but it’s like she’s demonising people for having goals and wanting weight loss. Not everyone will take it the extreme like she did and not everyone’s doing it because society thinks they should. It’s far more nuanced than she portrays and will be interesting to see if she ends up losing weight for her wedding.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think what bothers me about the way Tally expresses things is that there is no nuance in her opinions. Anyone who deals with others concerning matters of health and nutrition should understand that whilst for some regular weigh ins and step/activity counting is harmful for others it is the very thing they need to find their balance.
She has become an awful parody of an influencer and I am just about sick of them all.

Reactions: 6
I think what bothers me about the way Tally expresses things is that there is no nuance in her opinions. Anyone who deals with others concerning matters of health and nutrition should understand that whilst for some regular weigh ins and step/activity counting is harmful for others it is the very thing they need to find their balance.
She has become an awful parody of an influencer and I am just about sick of them all.
Agreed, and then she’s also best friends with someone like Zanna who’s the extreme opposite of her views? It’s weird. To me it’s that Tally has put on weight and just sees this as the way to monetise it.

Reactions: 8
It’s the fact that it’s the world according to Tally and everyone else is wrong.

The issue I have with her version of intuitive is that she has literally fucked off any form of restriction with her eating and she’s telling other people that’s ok. She thinks she’s no longer disordered when she’s just gone from one extreme to another. There’s no balance or moderation; if her body wants it, it can have it. She’s put on a huge amount of weight in a relatively short period of time. That doesn’t happen by having an extra packet of crisps every day. That is a lot of food and very little exercise. She has a ‘salad’ recipe up on her page that is 90% pasta, olive oil and cheese! She’s less fit. She looks really unhealthy. How can any of this be positive? She’s making money from scaring other women into believing that they will end up with a disorder if they count calories and follow a workout plan and it’s disgraceful.

It’s the fact that it’s the world according to Tally and everyone else is wrong.

The issue I have with her version of intuitive is that she has literally fucked off any form of restriction with her eating and she’s telling other people that’s ok. She thinks she’s no longer disordered when she’s just gone from one extreme to another. There’s no balance or moderation; if her body wants it, it can have it. She’s put on a huge amount of weight in a relatively short period of time. That doesn’t happen by having an extra packet of crisps every day. That is a lot of food and very little exercise. She has a ‘salad’ recipe up on her page that is 90% pasta, olive oil and cheese! She’s less fit. She looks really unhealthy. How can any of this be positive? She’s making money from scaring other women into believing that they will end up with a disorder if they count calories and follow a workout plan and it’s disgraceful.
I just looked at the pasta post again and this reallly annoyed me. I’m on my fitness plan involving calorie counting and it DOES allow pasta in all shapes and forms and sizes. It just encourages moderation, which is not a bad thing! You can’t just bundle all plans into “diet culture”

BC00AE5A-C604-49E4-9CDE-BC9C904AF8A0.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Her response pressure to lose weight for the wedding. It is clear she plans to from that and even more so with the wedding so far away.

Reactions: 5
Tally was actually my PT for a while many years ago. She was ok. Nothing outstanding and I could really tell her heart wasn’t in it. She’s also quite difficult to bond with. She sort of has this superficial level of niceness and you never get beyond that.

All that said, at least she was actually working then. What on earth does she do now?! I’d be embarrassed to document how empty my days were and how little work I did?!

• Wow
I really shouldn’t laugh but she’s got covid and if Hot Jack gets it then the engagement party of the century will be off 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also her voice is nauseating. Fake. Whiny. I get the impression she’s a right two faced witch to a lot of people. No idea why I think that but I just do.

Reactions: 9

This !!! Omg perfectly put 🙏🙏🙏

How much to go and listen to her whine and watch her jiggle her belly ? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😱😱😱😱😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Is she for real 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 9
I've been following Tally for a while and glad I found her thread now. She looks so bloated, puffy and unhealthy sometimes and is definitely no role model so i cant understand who is paying her! Am certain she will lose weight for her wedding too.

she also wears such frumpy outfits sometimes too. Mean I know but i am surprised how good looking her bf is, I do wonder how he feels about her weight gain and how different she is now, though it clearly
Doesn't bother him as he proposed recently.

Reactions: 8
She’ll either lose weight or she’ll gain it. I think she’s gone to the extreme and is probably overeating, maybe even binge eating. Not sure if the pressure of getting married and losing weight will make her binge eat more or continue to do so. Bigger women seem to be in her life so maybe she doesn’t feel under lots of pressure to lose it? They probably all chant the song big girls are beautiful

Reactions: 1
She’ll either lose weight or she’ll gain it. I think she’s gone to the extreme and is probably overeating, maybe even binge eating. Not sure if the pressure of getting married and losing weight will make her binge eat more or continue to do so. Bigger women seem to be in her life so maybe she doesn’t feel under lots of pressure to lose it? They probably all chant the song big girls are beautiful
She has said that the grand plan is to move out to Surrey and that takes her back into Zanna's sphere of influence which is very much the opposite of intuitive anything. She is very much the other end of that spectrum. What I do wonder though is how she'll place herself for work given that she is now fully entrenched in anti-diet culture.

Reactions: 6
I just find her whole “movement” so annoying and she’s getting worse because she’s getting traction and so feeling vindicated. There is nothing wrong with exercising every day and it is beneficial to your body to walk/run/move every single day. There is a culture problem especially in the UK of people NOT doing this and therefore becoming obese. It’s not good to encourage people to listen to their bodies - 9/10 times I would obviously rather lie on the sofa eating chocolate but it’s better for me not to!!!

Random but I find her voice SO annoying.

Also completely agree with @Greencatfysh above. I find the "movement" concerning to be honest, just an excuse to be lazy!

What ever happened to just regularly moving and making healthy food choices but treating yourself every now and then? That's called balance not the tit that she is preaching.

• Heart
Random but I find her voice SO annoying.

Also completely agree with @Greencatfysh above. I find the "movement" concerning to be honest, just an excuse to be lazy!

What ever happened to just regularly moving and making healthy food choices but treating yourself every now and then? That's called balance not the tit that she is preaching.
Couldn’t agree more

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.