TalkTV & TalkRadio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the show I enjoy, three hours of James Whale 10 until 1 am on a Saturday night cutting off his callers when they start to annoy him. Well worth a watch and it's a great laugh.

Reactions: 4
I've listened to Kev O 'Sullivan sitting in forJames twice now.
Both times they shut the show down for an hour to show a repeat of Piers Morgan.
Who thought that was a good idea?
I hate it.

The Kev and Mike show this Sat night was chaos.
Phone lines went down, we could hear guests but not see them.
Screen kept going off.
Their earphones weren't working.
It was very entertaining.

Reactions: 2
I am a Talk Radio fan (radio as I have it on whilst working). Found it after I could no longer bear listening to JOB on LBC at 10.00 and took great pleasure in hitting the switch off button.

I do like Mike Graham, he shares my viewpoint but he can be a bit brash at times. I like Ian Collins, Peter Cardwell and Kev too and love Julia interviewing the politicians when she is like a dog with a bone with her questions and tries to let them away with nothing. I find I listen to Talk Radio now more than LBC as I prefer their daytime presenters.

Reactions: 4
Both times they shut the show down for an hour to show a repeat of Piers Morgan.
I hate it.

Screen kept going off.
I usually tune in to the Saturday night show, but didn't this week sounds like I missed an entertaining show for all the wrong reasons!

• Heart
I hate it.

Screen kept going off.
On Friday they came back from the advert break too quickly, only for the viewer to see Rob Rinder having his make-up touched up 😁
To be fair to Rob he joked about his foundation

• Haha
I usually tune in to the Saturday night show, but didn't this week sounds like I missed an entertaining show for all the wrong reasons!
I stopped watching because I don't like that 'komedy kwiz' guy they kept having on.
Too annoying.
Then I read on Twitter that he wasn't on this week, so I tuned in.

I havent laughed so much for ages.

Reactions: 1
This is the show I enjoy, three hours of James Whale 10 until 1 am on a Saturday night cutting off his callers when they start to annoy him. Well worth a watch and it's a great laugh.
Yes absolutely. A real treat. For me it's like going back in time 30 years to when he had those late night shows on ITV and all the chaos it enveloped. He used to have Linda Nolan on then to flirt with in her various skimpy outfits, now it seems to be Lizzie Cundy, which to be honest, still works.

I think only two shows really work on it since the big rebrand and that's the news desk with Tom Newton Dunn and Piers's show they should of either committed to being a news tv channel or just stayed on the radio ive said it before but the 50-50 radio tv broadcast set up is such an awful visual

I stopped watching because I don't like that 'komedy kwiz' guy they kept having on.
Too annoying.
Then I read on Twitter that he wasn't on this week, so I tuned in.

I havent laughed so much for ages.
Yeah, that comedy quiz thing with Steve N. Allen doesn't really work for me. Too over done and trying to be funny when they're not.

Yeah, that comedy quiz thing with Steve N. Allen doesn't really work for me. Too over done and trying to be funny when they're not.
I agree. That bit stinks.
It's better when Kev and Mike are bickering and having a rant.

James Whale is funny when he cuts people off.
I'm not sure what I think of Ash.

I have censored The Talk a few times - when it has Mike Graham, Ian Collins and Penny Smith on.
I usually switch it off but with them on this week I've rather enjoyed it.

I saw Piers with Mickey Rourke for a few minutes the other night. Now that was interesting. Mickey is WEIRD.
They ran out of time and said they would continue to record and show the rest another time.
I don't know when the rest will be shown.
The ten minutes I saw was enough for me.

I saw a bit of that Mickey Rourke interview. I was amazed at how not so battered he looked.

His face cropped up on some of those extreme plastic surgery web sites about 10 or 12 years ago and he was almost unrecognisable. It was blamed on scars/ damage done from a late boxing career he dabbled with in his forties after his acting career dwindled in the early nineties.

He must be pushing 70 now and to be honest whatever he's had done has certainly tidied his face up a bit. Hair transplant too perhaps.

I saw a bit of that Mickey Rourke interview. I was amazed at how not so battered he looked.

His face cropped up on some of those extreme plastic surgery web sites about 10 or 12 years ago and he was almost unrecognisable. It was blamed on scars/ damage done from a late boxing career he dabbled with in his forties after his acting career dwindled in the early nineties.

He must be pushing 70 now and to be honest whatever he's had done has certainly tidied his face up a bit. Hair transplant too perhaps.
He was sporting a French manicure too.

His bad facelift has "settled" and I think he's had further work done to rectify the botched one.

But HE is weird.

I generally like his broadcasts but Mike Graham is beginning to get overexposed on TalkTV. Five mid-morning shows, the Saturday night talkaway, Plank of the Week and at least 2 appearances a week on The Talk.

• Heart
I generally like his broadcasts but Mike Graham is beginning to get overexposed on TalkTV. Five mid-morning shows, the Saturday night talkaway, Plank of the Week and at least 2 appearances a week on The Talk.
I still cannot get over the growing concrete remark.

• Haha
I think they need a couple more presenters, plus have someone new as the permanent host of The Talk. Vanessa Feltz does a decent job when she is on. I would also get some extra panelists for The Talk too.

It really looks like Sharon Osborne isn't coming back. She has been absent more than she has appeared since it began.

Kevin O'Sullivan is underused now. What else does he regularly present apart from Saturday Night Talkaway?

What has happened to Cristo?

Last edited:
I think they need a couple more presenters, plus have someone new as the permanent host of The Talk. Vanessa Feltz does a decent job when she is on. I would also get some extra panelists for The Talk too.

It really looks like Sharon Osborne isn't coming back. She has been absent more than she has appeared since it began.

Kevin O'Sullivan is underused now. What else does he regularly present apart from Saturday Night Talkaway?
His own show on Sundays 4 til 7.
He covered the drive time a few days last week.
So that's it.
Now Kyle is moving to something else the drive time seat will be vacant.
Maybe Kev will get that.

His own show on Sundays 4 til 7.
He covered the drive time a few days last week.
So that's it.
Now Kyle is moving to something else the drive time seat will be vacant.
Maybe Kev will get that.
Isn't David Bull now doing Jeremy's old slot?

Dr. David Bull is good for occasional cover and a weekend slot but he surely can't commit to drive 4 days a week when he's a deputy party leader? Unless he's Reform's deputy in name only since he's semi-recognisable from his former TV work before being an MEP.

What has happened to Cristo?
I don't see Sharon back now. I'd agree on needing extra panelists for The Talk. Too much Mike, too much JJ Anisiobi (I don't quite get what he brings), Nicola Thorp featured often for a while etc. There has to be people out there.

Kevin isn't really underused IMO, obviously was crap for him to lose the 7pm but he's kept semi busy with frequent cover, Talkaway and the regular Sunday show. And he may get drive, you never know. Better than Cristo who I now think has got on the wrong side of someone in the company, he used to get tons of cover shifts and now has only appeared one time outside the 5am slot in over 3 months. I reckon his coverage of Ukraine didn't toe the company line so he's only getting shows in the very early morning when most are asleep and won't listen.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.