TalkTV & TalkRadio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nick de Bois is leaving his weekend show. Coming back for occasional cover but no longer a regular presenter. Shame as I liked him. I wonder if anyone else might exit now we’ve had a month of talkTV and can see whether or not it is the right fit.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Nick de Bois is leaving his weekend show. Coming back for occasional cover but no longer a regular presenter. Shame as I liked him. I wonder if anyone else might exit now we’ve had a month of talkTV and can see whether or not it is the right fit.

I liked him too.
They say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
It wasn't broke.

It is now.

Reactions: 2
It's so jarring that they've gone for such an American look for it. Regardless of if you like the content, people in the UK aren't used to something so different. GB news looks bad, but even Dan Wotton and his alien aesthetic is easier to watch.

I must admit I do like Cristo and I would feel a bit miffed about certain things if I was him. I would have been equally as happy, more so in fact if he had got the night shift instead of Petrie.
I don't think he'd want that show, he gave up lbc graveyard shifts because doing that 5 days a week does impact your life and long term health.

Dr David was on his own without Claudia-Liza (apar
It's so jarring that they've gone for such an American look for it. Regardless of if you like the content, people in the UK aren't used to something so different. GB news looks bad, but even Dan Wotton and his alien aesthetic is easier to watch.

I don't think he'd want that show, he gave up lbc graveyard shifts because doing that 5 days a week does impact your life and long term health.
Ah I see, yes it's not for everyone i agree and if he didn't want to do them then as you say won't now. I didn't know that part of his back story. I do like Petrie anyway. I also liked Dr Bull on his own yesterday with just an analysis or whatever you call them with him. I thought it worked better. Nothing against Claudia-Liza, but the pair of them just talk all over each other at the moment...I must admit too that I watched a bit of Mike Graham and Kevin O'Sullivan and thought that was quite good. I am not a fan of all things American though and do think the week day evening bit is very like that though, so not for me..

I tried the Claudia and David show this week and, yes, she just talks over him.
I liked him but not her.
So maybe if he got his own show I might listen.

Mike Graham and Kev show is good but I prefer them separately, too.
Love it when Ally Ross is on, too. Sarky bugger. So funny.

Reactions: 1
I just watched Johnny rotten with Piers 😄
Highly entertaining. Going to be back. I'd love him to have his own show or just be more in the media in general. Would be great to balance the bland woke era and literally wake everyone up :sleep::sleep::m

The Talk needs more guests. Sorry but I really don't want Nicola Thorp on 3 nights in a row. I know that she's their token left wing panelist and they're required to have a variety of opinions (I believe Ofcom require it) but surely there are others they could book?

Reactions: 3
James Whale's obvious contempt for the TalkTV evening shows is hilarious.
He was brilliant last night with a female older caller in the last fifteen minutes or so. Funny stuff.

Everyone has a obsession with instant success. It's a new station and people have viewing habits and it will take time to change them. So many shows get cancelled too early without a chance to grow naturally over time. None more so than American sitcoms.

He was brilliant last night with a female older caller in the last fifteen minutes or so. Funny stuff.

[/URL]

Everyone has a obsession with instant success. It's a new station and people have viewing habits and it will take time to change them. So many shows get cancelled too early without a chance to grow naturally over time. None more so than American sitcoms.
Agreed I said a few posts back no news program I know was a success from the beginning. I am old enough to remember TVam and GMTV absolute disasters to begin with, but they found their groove (for a time anyway!) Not suggesting TalkTV need a Ronald Rat though! We do live in a society that does demand everything instantly more than ever, though you are right. No news program network can please everyone all the time either that's just impossible. For me the evening input is just a no, but late night/ early morning and weekends will dip in and out.

James Whale's obvious contempt for the TalkTV evening shows is hilarious.
Sometimes he does say some silly things, but since he's had cancer this time around, he seems to not give a tit which is amusing. Why do you think he feels that way about the other shows?

Also, it's a shame that Bob Mills' show was removed. I found his show good as it wasn't serious political or current event talk, it was a nice light show about music and culture.

Sometimes he does say some silly things, but since he's had cancer this time around, he seems to not give a tit which is amusing. Why do you think he feels that way about the other shows?

Also, it's a shame that Bob Mills' show was removed. I found his show good as it wasn't serious political or current event talk, it was a nice light show about music and culture.
Whale probably doesn't have tons of time left so has probably thrown caution to the wind with regards to his opinions on colleagues and other shows, good on him IMO. I imagine though that he's reflecting many other people's opinions at TR on the new shows. Newton Dunn is wooden and doesn't fit with the talkRADIO format then who actually likes Piers? I imagine as well that many presenters dislike how all attention is going to Piers and Whale in particular probably has a bone to pick regarding the repeats cutting into his own show. The Talk is OK though could be better, might be that he doesn't like Osbourne, Feltz or Kyle.

Agreed on Bob Mills, seemed a nice chap and it was good that they had something where you could take a break from politics. I suppose if they'd canned his show because they had a really dynamic signing for the weekends then fair enough but he was cut for an extra day of Trisha which nobody wanted.

Yel

Are Ian Collins and Christo very close friends? Ian is always using him as the but of jokes

Seems like James Max & Ian Collins are off next week with Cristo & Kevin O'Sullivan covering for them respectively. Shame for Cristo that the only cover he gets now is the 5am when James Max is off, otherwise nothing. I think he does more on Jeremy Vine now than talkTV.

Jonny Gould appears to be Nick's replacement. Nothing against either him or Mark Saggers but I reckon both would be better off at talkSPORT given that their backgrounds are in covering sports.

I also see that Claudia-Liza appears to be Saturday only now with Dr. David Bull flying solo on Sunday. Probably a better move, I liked his cover shows on Fridays for Kevin before the changeover.

Ian Collins kept laughing that Christo would be covering him then said as if!

Poor Christo, he's a bit something and nothing. Perfect for cover though, I don't think anyone would be worried about him getting their job. It won't be long before Christo and Sharon O are gone.

Ian Collins kept laughing that Christo would be covering him then said as if!

Poor Christo, he's a bit something and nothing. Perfect for cover though, I don't think anyone would be worried about him getting their job. It won't be long before Christo and Sharon O are gone.
Cristo did do lots of cover for Ian last year. Now it's 5am or bust. I did hear that he wasn't exactly toeing the party line regarding Ukraine coverage on his old 7am show so may have been demoted for that.

Sharon has to be gone by the end of the year, no question.

I don't understand Sharon Osbourne honestly. I feel like she's a bit in between trying to find what she can do for herself, while also being tied to supporting Ozzy. Ozzy being as he is, probably needs her by his side a fair bit. Jack is off doing his own thing with those TV shows he does. Not sure what Kelly is up to. I don't understand how it works with Sharon here and Ozzy in LA.

I'd imagine a couple of days away from Ozzie does them both a lot of good. Sharon seems to do this show 2-3 days a week?

Her family is all in la I think? I guess after covid and years of no work it's nice to have a gig, even if it's not long term.

I think David Bull is much better on his own.

Im not a fan of 2 presenters talking over each other.
The mike and kev show on Sat nights is annoying me for that reason.

The Talk needs more guests. Sorry but I really don't want Nicola Thorp on 3 nights in a row. I know that she's their token left wing panelist and they're required to have a variety of opinions (I believe Ofcom require it) but surely there are others they could book?
I thought The Talk was supposed to be Sharon Osborne's show on Talk TV?

After initially appearing on the show five nights a week; Since she went back to the U.S, when Ozzie had covid, she only does three shows a week now.

She also doesn't seem to be the anchor of the show. All the guests present a segment of the discussion. Sitting at one end of the table also doesn't really highlight her status as the supposed anchor.

She should be sitting in the middle of that table, between the four guests and opening the topics that are being discussed.

I personally don't think she will last on The Talk.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.