TalkTV & TalkRadio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Linford is probably outshined by the louder personalities like Mike & Nicola plus the composure of Ian who is a solid anchor. Ulrika is OK but doesn't bring that much.

Sharon was unwell herself with COVID as she caught it off Ozzy.
I wish her well and if she decides to quit, as she is now back in the UK, hope she may be a panellist on a tv show like Jeremy Vine or maybe as a dj on one of the radio stations
Planet rock, maybe, that would be great :)

Reactions: 1

Yel

Presumably there's a relevant story for linford coming up? Otherwise what's the point of booking him.

Mike has no time for the short adding nothing basic stuff that linford comes out with.

Sharon was unwell herself with COVID as she caught it off Ozzy.
I wish her well and if she decides to quit, as she is now back in the UK, hope she may be a panellist on a tv show like Jeremy Vine or maybe as a dj on one of the radio stations
Planet rock, maybe, that would be great :)
Ozzy baffles me. The man has ingested everything under the sun, yet the guy is still going strong. Bit like the Rolling Stones guys.

Yel

Switching it off. They race through topics without really saying anything interesting or getting into it.

Mike Graham and Ian Collins are good broadcasters, but it's not working.

I think the Bosses have dropped a bollock with Piers and the Talk.
Both shite.

I'm not keen on The News Desk. I just find Tom Newton Dunn very dull. The formal Times Radio style doesn't really work for me nor does it fit with the rest of the talkTV format.

I'm not keen on The News Desk. I just find Tom Newton Dunn very dull. The formal Times Radio style doesn't really work for me nor does it fit with the rest of the talkTV format.
Yep Toms shite too.

Jeremy Kyle talking about the wag stuff and saying it's voyeuristic enjoying the drama 😵🤡😆

Jhb and feltz is the best it's ever been. But doesn't she have to get up at 4-5am?

It's probably the only of the new shows I'd watch if I wanted that kind of show at that time. I think it's got a place as an alternative to channel 4.

Tom Newton Dunn for me is the most balanced presenter along with Piers when it comes to supporting apolitical party. The rest are too pro Troy for balance even though they claim not to be none of them are impartial when it comes to anything to do with Starmer he could donate a kidney and they would say why has he kept one for himself. They need to sort out the production too I know the idea is in some ways its still talk radio but its awful they have a full on radio production they shows radio produced yet with a full TV camera set up it doesn't work. its much better set up for the TND show and the piers show

Has Sharon said that she's not coming back to the UK?

Times radio has overtaken talk radio in the current rajar for number of listeners.

I don't understand why James Whale is on for an hour, then it's Piers, then back to James again. Why not just let James run for 2 hours? Honestly, Piers is a bit pointless on Talktv. I don't think he's as important as he thinks he is. He believed his own hype.

Reactions: 2
It's a stupid move to split his show, never made any sense but I guess Piers is top priority.

James was retweeting some tweets from people unhappy about his shows being paused midway through so we can add him to the list of presenters unhappy with the changes. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at talkRADIO towers. Kevin essentially has 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon to pack in his main regular guests from 5 evening shows a week, not much time left for anything else.

Reactions: 2
Talk radio was great.
Piers has ruined it.
I used to listen most weeknights. Now I don't.

Reactions: 6
Talk radio was great.
Piers has ruined it.
I used to listen most weeknights. Now I don't.
It was fine as a radio show I used to phone James n Ash a fair bit. But it just doesn't work as a half radio station half tv channel the presenters who are on the radio mics don't know to look at the camera or read their radio scripts its just an awful visual

I was going to go to bed but I flicked on James Whale and it's making me laugh. He's such a grumpy old man with his sidekick. The callers I am sure are ribbing him as they can't all be so thick.

I do actually enjoy the Saturday night show. Having Whale in the studio, doing a mix of topics and a variety of guests and callers is where he's at his best.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.