Susie Verrill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has definitely done it because her hand has been forced. And some of the wording is dubious. But she's put it as a grid post and is engaging with the comments- which is way more than Clemmie Hooper managed. It says a lot about her that she could EVER have thought these comments were humorous or acceptable.
But would she be reacting like this had Clemmie’s behaviour not come out? Is this her reaction because she’s being real or because she knows how to play the game/look better after what Clemmie did?

Reactions: 7
Very late to this and new to this thread and I'm sure it has been pointed out. Her racist tweets are from 2013 and she is blaming it on being some little country bumpkin. But the London Olympics were in 2012 and her partner was right in the thick of it. Therefore she must've been involved. So you are in the middle of a huge sporting event with people from hundreds of countries for weeks - yet the next year you feel comfortable enough to say black people on the X Factor aren't as good?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Very late to this and new to this thread and I'm sure it has been pointed out. Her racist tweets are from 2013 and she is blaming it on being some little country bumpkin. But the London Olympics were in 2012 and her partner was right in the thick of it. Therefore she must've been involved. So you are in the middle of a huge sporting event with people from hundreds of countries for weeks - yet the next year you feel comfortable enough to say black people on the X Factor aren't as good?
She met him after the Olympics

Reactions: 1
View attachment 144579

This is a BLATANT lie because you can see from my original post that linked to her (extremely not deactivated) Twitter feed for people to see for themselves. Using BLM as part of her lie (I assume these are the videos she refers to) is another example of tone deaf fuckery. And she was doing so well!
Yes, total lie, I took a screenshot from her Twitter account just this morning. By lying she discredits everything else she's saying.

Reactions: 5
I truly hope her taking off comments was all her.
And not her P.R manager.
Because the praise she was recieving and thank yous she was giving people for her bravery was distasteful.

Reactions: 4
Guys she had to turn the comments off because of all the white racist people saying that they did it too and that isnt helping her reinvention....and the PR guy said to do it.

Edited to add, was a bit slower than you guys but same sentiment.

Attachments

• Haha
She’s now turned comments off and I find her statement on her story about wanting to “listen to black voices” has only been made because she knows it will most probably put her in good light. Makes my skin crawl how two faced she has been
She’s lucky that the MOD thing happened or I feel like this would be going a lot differently for her right now. She knows what to do to put herself in a better light.

Reactions: 6
Her excuse about leaving the tweets up after management asked her to take them down is shameful too. SUSIE, you left racist material on the biggest of public forums as your following grew.

Reactions: 8
I wish she stop saying "younger" You were what? 26. Stop making excuses! Also saying she would allow comments on the post now she's stopped them because they are from white people? That's why it's important as it is highlighting the fact. She just doesn't want people to see the praise she's wrongly receiving. I wrote a really long message on her post too which I hoped she would reply too. I've unfollowed too. Looks like she's lost a thousand so far?. Hopefully more to follow and at last the ads can stop! Silver lining at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s blaming it on being a pumpkin, but loves going on about how she went to uni and lived in London? So how does that work? I’m from a small town in Dorset but lived in london you meet every colour and culture so how can that be the case?

But would she be reacting like this had Clemmie’s behaviour not come out? Is this her reaction because she’s being real or because she knows how to play the game/look better after what Clemmie did?
100% they have all learned from Clemmie's downfall! Her non-apology and subsequent silence was a lesson in what to absolutely not do.

Reactions: 4
I’m actually really disappointed in this. I’ve followed Susie for years and used to think she was brilliant. I loved Greg too and followed his career from the beginning. However, over the past year or so, I’ve realised the truth behind them both, and become more and more disillusioned. However, I continued to follow them both in the hope that somehow they would redeem themselves.

Today I feel completely let down by Susie. All that she claims to be, is a lie. Using her platform yesterday quickly turned into the Milo show and reeked of white privilege. What has come out today has removed any smidgen of credibility she had left.

I am appalled. I have unfollowed.

Reactions: 19
I’m actually really disappointed in this. I’ve followed Susie for years and used to think she was brilliant. I loved Greg too and followed his career from the beginning. However, over the past year or so, I’ve realised the truth behind them both, and become more and more disillusioned. However, I continued to follow them both in the hope that somehow they would redeem themselves.

Today I feel completely let down by Susie. All that she claims to be, is a lie. Using her platform yesterday quickly turned into the Milo show and reeked of white privilege. What has come out today has removed any smidgen of credibility she had left.

I am appalled. I have unfollowed.
Just her true colours.
She sees herself as higher status than anyone.
It's awful.
Hopefully Milo and rex will grow up to somehow be humble and kind...

Anyone been asked for screen shots for papers?

Reactions: 3
She’s blaming it on being a pumpkin, but loves going on about how she went to uni and lived in London? So how does that work? I’m from a small town in Dorset but lived in london you meet every colour and culture so how can that be the case?
Because of where and how I was raised, I hadn’t spoken to anyone of any other ethnicity until I was 19 and moved for uni, and I’ve never said anything like what she has said (I just even searched my Twitter account for every word I could think of and guess what: NO RESULTS).

Growing up in Kent is no excuse. Especially not when these comments were made after she’d lived in London, a massive cultural melting pot!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.