Susie Verrill #5 Shopping Guru, very woke. Thank goodness for swipe-ups or she'd be broke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. It must bother them then, to come and address it.

Bit of a mess they’ve made huh? I’m not sure people pointing out racism and ableism is being nasty for no reason but if it was simply those things wouldn’t they be better off giving it no oxygen?

Reactions: 7
I actually don’t think she’s only talking about HG for sympathy, I think she believes she’s doing women an important service by being so open about it.

Of course to believe that you would also have to believe that you were an important and influential person that could make a huge difference to people’s lives simply by existing. And she’s not really any of those things but I am pretty sure she thinks she is.

It’s not a sympathy thing it’s an ego thing.

Reactions: 22
I wonder what she will do when the girl baby becomes a child, starts nursery and she’s once again left to contemplate the vast emptiness that is her complete lack of career. Nobody wants to pay her to write. Nobody significant wants to partner with her any more. She’s not charismatic enough for tv (and neither is her husband, bless him for giving it a good try tho) and her voice isn’t very radio friendly.

I hear Waitrose are hiring...

And I agree, HG is the absolute pits but it sounds like her privilege served her very well in this instance.
Very good point about her privilege actually, did she acknowledge in the video how lucky she is not to have to worry about losing income from being off work sick or having a husband who can stay at home all day and look after the children if needed? I can only imagine how much worse it would be for an average woman worrying about work, income, childcare etc whilst dealing with HG too.

Reactions: 16
I actually don’t think she’s only talking about HG for sympathy, I think she believes she’s doing women an important service by being so open about it.

Of course to believe that you would also have to believe that you were an important and influential person that could make a huge difference to people’s lives simply by existing. And she’s not really any of those things but I am pretty sure she thinks she is.

I think this is right. She’s giving visibility to a women’s health issue, and as we know, for centuries all things women’s health have been kept in the dark and viewed with utmost suspicion and sometimes shame. I suppose the cynicism comes in because of the disastrous summer she had and how it could be about redressing/ reframing herself. But I don’t think it is really. Although the point about considering herself to have an important platform is a good one. She does have an audience though so ..... the message will land in some places.

Reactions: 4
Part of me thinks she’s genuinely not made the connection between posting a video and distracting from her racism. Her racist and ableist tweets haven’t affected her in the slightest other than going through the hassle to take them all down. Shes had next to no backlash from it other than us talking on here and an article in a paper that no one even reads, barely any fall out from her influencer friends. In her mind the situation is long gone and the deleted apology proved that. Why would she need to distract when 99% of her followers and friends have moved on. The video is not the problem, she is the epitome of white privilege. It disgusts me.

Reactions: 14
I think that’ll also right and slightly to Greg’s point I suppose, she’s hardly going to spend the rest of her online life framing her content to address a hand full of people who don’t like her on Tattle. It may be Tattle overstating it’s importance here?

I should say I went off her a very long time before the unveiled racism of the summer. I caught strong whiffs of entitlement and privilege and tbh a fair amount of nouveux riche.

Reactions: 9
But the problem is it’s just a video of her feeling sorry for herself. Again yes it’s awful and shouldn’t be talked down as just morning sickness. But what does it achieve. She’s not running a campaign with her platform for change. She’s not after working woman’s rights.
She’s not ill from chemo she’s ill from a pregnancy she’s chosen to have, this isn’t something that was out of her power.

Reactions: 10
Part of me thinks she’s genuinely not made the connection between posting a video and distracting from her racism. Her racist and ableist tweets haven’t affected her in the slightest other than going through the hassle to take them all down. Shes had next to no backlash from it other than us talking on here and an article in a paper that no one even reads, barely any fall out from her influencer friends. In her mind the situation is long gone and the deleted apology proved that. Why would she need to distract when 99% of her followers and friends have moved on. The video is not the problem, she is the epitome of white privilege. It disgusts me.
She’s lost all of her paid for brand work. The cushty little numbers she had with Regatta, Benefit, Haliborange etc have all gone. It 100% has had an effect on her - not on her on a personal level but financially, it most certainly has.

But the problem is it’s just a video of her feeling sorry for herself. Again yes it’s awful and shouldn’t be talked down as just morning sickness. But what does it achieve. She’s not running a campaign with her platform for change. She’s not after working woman’s rights.
She’s not ill from chemo she’s ill from a pregnancy she’s chosen to have, this isn’t something that was out of her power.
exactly. She’s spoken at length about HG in the past and has previously posted videos/photos of her when she was ill with it. She’s already done it.
if she was actually genuinely keen to do something pro-active and worthwhile for the cause she could have done a million things - and not one of them would be to film herself being sick. The content of that video was nothing but self indulgent, self serving narcissism. - “oh look everyone, look at how awfully poorly I am, look how sick I’m being, aren’t I having just such an awful time - isn’t it so awful” - it’s nothing but blatant agenda pushing.

Reactions: 15
She’s such a know-it-all already, she’s going to be even more insufferable when she can refer to herself as a mum of 3.

I really didn’t think she was pregnant. Didn’t think they were in the position financially considering she has said she wants to send her kids to private school at some point. They (her and Greg) always seem desperate for cash on insta...

I had HG in one of my pregnancies. I felt like the doctors were very sympathetic and I was offered medication straight away. I’m a bit fatigued by instahuns obsession with ‘raising awareness’ for various things...it just seems like competitive victimhood if you ask me. Why do we all need to know how much she vommed in pregnancy? It’s between her, her family and doctor.

Reactions: 12
Although she certainly has plenty of other dickish traits, if she had actually made a proper apology for those tweets, held her hands up, told us how dedicated she was to change, did more than just buy books and toys for her children which were culturally inclusive, gave that apology a space of her grid or at the very least alluded to its contents when she saved it to her highlights AND THEN let it remain there and not delete it, this thread on her wouldn’t have half the amount of interest and comments on it I’m sure.
I’m not saying the above would cancel anything out and all of a sudden we’d all love her, I just think that everything there was to have been said would have already been said.
she just repeatedly shoots herself in the foot by not owning her mistakes (if she actually has changed) and being transparent.
Desperate to hide it all now, not so bothered about how public is was when she was being hilarious and making the comments.

Reactions: 14
It really is unbelievable that she deleted the non apology. Absolutely shocking the way she’s completely pretending none of that happened. I’m not one for cancel culture as people should be allowed to change however in the case of Susan her whole insta life was about being the cool woke mummy. That schtick is up now Suse. What else can you do career wise?

I wouldn’t wish unemployment or financial hardships on anyone but to think that you deserve to be making money the lazy way via brand deals on insta is beyond a joke now. I’m sure she could find a job in another field, it just grates on me that she thinks she can still make money on insta. No, go and find a job out in the actual world like the rest of us Susan.

As for her HG, as others have said, it sounds horrific and my heart goes out to anyone suffering from it or has suffered in the past. I’ve had one pregnancy with bad sickness (not HG) for months and was throughly miserable and is in part why I never had more kids. To have gone through this twice and really suffered as she did, I’m sorry but I’m all out of sympathy if you go back for more with a third child. Sorry if that sounds harsh. As others have said she is lucky not to have the worry of taking time off work and losing money but she doesn’t seem to recognise her privilege at all.

Reactions: 15
She just can't fancy Greg he's so awkward. He must make her cringe all the time. Especially as she is quite a superficial person. He's the furthest of "cool" as it could be and not even in a cute awkward quirky way?

Reactions: 8

It is totally an ego thing. “Look at me. Poor me. I’m so sick. I’m crying.” Where’s my violin? 🎻

Working tirelessly to help support and educate women suffering HG. Boloney.

If only she put as much effort in apologising and educating herself about her public racist and ableist views.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
HG sounds terrible I wouldn’t wish it on anyone but like others have said I wish she would acknowledge her privilege!

If I’d suffered with in in any of my pregnancies I would of more that likely had to give up work as I couldn’t take that much (excuse the pun) sick leave!
My husband would not of been around to help me as he would be working full time & probably more so we could still pay our mortgage!
I don’t doubt it was horrific for her but imagine that + being alone and worrying about you are going to pay your bills.
I just wish she would acknowledge it...... that is all.

Reactions: 9
Greg referring to people as ‘nut jobs’... I feel like I should explain why this is not okay, seeing as Gregory and Susan are clearly reading this thread, but is there any point? They clearly have no interest in not being offensive, or in educating themselves...

Attachments

Reactions: 13
They would refer to anyone as a “nut job” who had a different point of view than them! Susan and Gregory only want an echo chamber. Anyone who dares to disagree with them will be passively aggressively shamed !!!

Reactions: 20
Well those with mental health issues were not on her list of minorities attacked via tweets, so at least he's got them covered now. What a knob.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Just because someone calls you out, does not make them a "nut job". I feel like name calling and being judgey seems to be their default position. Yet, they can't handle being judged themselves. Hmm.

Reactions: 18
Let's not forget, thevitamindproject's sister called Susie Verrill out on her tweets, and was blocked! I remember Africa (@thevitamindproject) sharing about it. Her account will never grow, no-one share's her apart from the desperate businesses she promotes. Most of her user's are probs inactive now and will be over the baby stage and back to work. It's over and she knows it. I'm shocked at the nut job comment, if this is Greg on his best behaviour then there's no change whatsoever!!!

Reactions: 7
No matter how many times it’s said in this thread I just don’t feel sorry for Susie Verrill the racist.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.