Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just hopped on this thread as SV was mentioned in another thread. Had to comment and ask if you're name is from The King Killer Chronicles? They're my all time favourite books and I don't know anyone else who's read them so I got a little excited šŸ˜…
Sorry to derail, will continue to catch up the SV tea! Vile woman šŸ˜”

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If Susan genuinely wanted to use Instagram as a learning tool, combined with the ā€˜death threatsā€™ against her and her children, why didnā€™t she start a new account, where nobody knew it was her and follow all of the people who could educate her? Itā€™s all bullshit. Sheā€™s saying the things she thinks people want to hear in the hope this will all blow over. Sadly I think it will šŸ˜”

Reactions: 19
Iā€™ve woken up this morning, and still canā€™t believe she, (and her PR team) think thatā€™s an acceptable ā€˜apologyā€™. The lack of labelling the story in highlights (thank you for the screenshot) just further reinforces this was nothing more than a PR exercise in damage limitation for brand Susie. I get the majority of people in the influencer world are narcissists etc but how does this genuinely sit with BIPOC influencers on Gleamā€™s roster? Is it just another example of white privilege prevailing?

I was explaining the video to my partner last night (he occasionally asks whatā€™s going on in the Tattle world) he couldnā€™t understand how she was dismissing the tweets with ā€˜whether I did or didnā€™t...ā€™ when theyā€™re all documented here, let alone so many of us saw them before she closed her Twitter down. Then her making out it was performative, steeped in sarcasm, implying it wasnā€™t considered offensive at the time etc - went back and showed him the full range of tweets people had helpfully screenshot here and he said she was delusional - that it was very clearly offensive to publish those tweets at the time and wasnā€™t a widely acceptable view only 6/7 years ago. He also said that it isnā€™t a defence to say/imply ā€˜oh at the time it was Okā€™ as it diminishes the impact it has on those targeted.

Susie had a real opportunity here to put her money where her mouth is in regards to apologising and taking ownership - more so given how she piled in on MOD and was virtue signalling last week. She really could have dismantled it, demonstrated some of the learning she says sheā€™s doing. But instead she centred herself in it, played the victim, downplayed the severity of her tweets and never actually said sorry once. Let alone how it came across as insincere and arrogant at times - she kind of confirmed Instagram is more important than genuinely learning/growing as a person. I just donā€™t buy that sheā€™s taking the time to genuinely educate herself when the whole video is just a further example of white privilege. It also just smacks of cancelling any criticism - I imagine anyone who DMs her offering a different opinion on her video will just be deleted/blocked wonā€™t they?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I really want to see it but I canā€™t šŸ˜­ also none of the people sheā€™s supposedly apologising to can either until she makes her account public again. So what kind of apology is that. Coward.

Reactions: 3
I really want to see it but I canā€™t šŸ˜­ also none of the people sheā€™s supposedly apologising to can either until she makes her account public again. So what kind of apology is that. Coward.
It is on of 26 of this thread, so one has copied the video. You can watch it.

Reactions: 2
If her statement is bland and omits an apology it will have been legalled to death by a media crisis management lawyer (Media is a type of law just like Family or Crime etc). Imagine even having to have that conversation with your solicitor - God youā€™d die wouldnā€™t you.
Absolutely.

Theres no way Susan is giving up her ā€œfameā€ as she would see it. Apparent death threats or not, she wants to be seen and listened to. The way she slated MOD with her self righteous tone, honestly , she is so two faced.

Reactions: 4
This actually makes me really uncomfortable. We wouldnā€™t dream of criticising a black Influencer for not calling out Susieā€™s behaviour, weā€™re in agreement that itā€™s not their responsibility to ā€˜fixā€™ a system they didnā€™t create. Why should we expect the mothers of disabled children/those with disabilities themselves to expend their energy correcting and educating peopleā€™s ignorance when it comes to disabilities?
Hi, my comment was in reference to the racism as these been very vocal about BLM and having the uncomfortable conversations you donā€™t want to have etc. I totally see your point but just wanted to clarify Iā€™m disappointed she didnā€™t practice what she has been preaching.

She's been very clever by listing the death threats and child threats. It's put a victim edge on it. It's also well timed, because the media, and social media throngs, are starting their "world gone mad" "pc state" "no freedom of information" "can't laugh at anything anymore" crap thanks to the sharing of stuff like TV programmes being taken off and stupid fake petitions being set up on change.org

Ive seen so many middle class white women get angry on Facebook in the last 24 hours at it all, because now their own lives are being challenged. Id pay 50p these same women would be the ones to stick up for SV

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She's been very clever by listing the death threats and child threats. It's put a victim edge on it. It's also well timed, because the media, and social media throngs, are starting their "world gone mad" "pc state" "no freedom of information" "can't laugh at anything anymore" crap thanks to the sharing of stuff like TV programmes being taken off and stupid fake petitions being set up on change.org

Ive seen so many middle class white women get angry on Facebook in the last 24 hours at it all, because now their own lives are being challenged. Id pay 50p these same women would be the ones to stick up for SV
This is so perceptive (sorry if that feels like a condescending pat on the noggin).

Reactions: 6
I donā€™t care if Iā€™m accused of a witch-hunt, but any advertiser who works with her in future I will happily email and say I have zero respect for them aligning themselves with her.

I am trying to be patient as sheā€™s only just back on insta, but i am also judging HARD all those who continue to follow her after posting little black squares and saying we have to challenge racism. Itā€™s hypocritical and weak to say the words and then not follow through with an action.

Sheā€™s like the mean girl from school who was snidey about everyone and giggled in a corner as you walked past šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I donā€™t view it as a witch hunt.

Our actions have consequences, for example if I was to hit someone and subsequently was arrested/charged with common assault that would be on my record until it was considered ā€˜spentā€˜ and would then still show up if I was ever DBS checked. A consequence of that action would be that I would have limited what future employment I could secure etc and the onus would be on me to demonstrate that I am rehabilitated, have learnt from my mistakes/grown as a person etc.

A consequence to Susieā€™s behaviour is that brands will no longer want to be associated with her. Especially given so many of them are looking at ways to show their commitment to their pledges around supporting BLM. The onus is on Susie to demonstrate how she has moved away/grown from the views she so clearly once held - Susie has yet to show any of this. This doesnā€™t prevent her from earning a living - sheā€™s put barriers in her way by virtue of her own actions to being able to earn the #ads. There are other jobs, albeit away from Insta she could go and do while she rehabilitates herself. I canā€™t think of a specific example right now but there have been plenty of other people, actual ā€˜celebsā€™ who have lost work etc as a result of their behaviour over the years.

Also as she stated in a comment she chose to not delete those messages - she is now living by that choice. Thatā€™s not anyone elseā€™s fault. Again she only posted the initial post because someone had brought the tweets to her attention, not because she was reflecting as part of Blackout Tuesday and horrified by her actions.

Iā€™m not a fan/follower but via the MOD thread saw that Victoria Emes had posted an apology for a previous post that was brought to her attention where sheā€™d reinforced racist stereotypes/used problematic language. While to an extent yes it was about saving her arse she does come across as more sincere in her apology video, tries to dismantle it and posted it on stories as well as on her grid. Comments were left open and she actually told the huns who tried to dismiss it as ā€˜weā€™ve all done it hun/youā€™re not racist etcā€™ that it wasnā€™t their place to judge and that it was right she had been challenged etc. So while the cynic in me is a bit skeptical (as I am with all influencers) she at least took ownership of it, hasnā€™t hidden from the comments and also called those out who have tried to downplay it in the comments.

Reactions: 9
As a forensic psychologist I can tell you that in my professional opinion that apology video was not genuine at all. Sorry Susan. Better luck next time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Susie Vileā€™s back on the gram with a sorry-not-sorry thatā€™s a complete bloody sham!
Iā€™ve requested to follow her account as it seems to be private as I want to see her apology or posts and just bc Iā€™m nosey šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2
As a forensic psychologist I can tell you that in my professional opinion that apology video was not genuine at all. Sorry Susan. Better luck next time.
I love your professional insight! šŸ‘ŒšŸ» Iā€™m now interested to know how much of what she posts in general you think is genuine?...Iā€™m guessing not much!

I was reading a thread a couple of days ago about another ā€˜influencerā€™ (Lucie & The Bump), where a few comments from people who knew her first-hand said sheā€™s almost nothing like she appears online, which I find fascinating. It must be EXHAUSTING.

I have always considered myself a pretty good judge of character but Iā€™m starting to realise Iā€™ve been hoodwinked by a lot of people online. They claim to be sharing their real life, but honestly, I think theyā€™re about as real as the goings-on in Albert Square.

It all seems very Truman Show!

Reactions: 14
C71FE0A4-ECF2-4F5F-A533-D5525018B06C.jpeg

Screen shotted from Gregs insta this morning at 07:37, on the off chance it would be removed and has since been deleted. (have hidden the name of the person who commented)

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.