Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So basically she’s done lots of big 💩💩💩 everywhere and just like her dogs do, she’s kicked back a massive pile of rose petals over them to cover her tracks. By removing the I am a racist post and not clearly labelling the ‘apology’ stories in highlights, when a potential advertiser does a sweep of her insta and online footprint, they won’t see any of this controversy. Anything to protect the brand hey 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hope it’s worth it in the long run Susan.

Reactions: 23
So basically she’s done lots of big 💩💩💩 everywhere and just like her dogs do, she’s kicked back a massive pile of rose petals over them to cover her tracks. By removing the I am a racist post and not clearly labelling the ‘apology’ stories in highlights, when a potential advertiser does a sweep of her insta and online footprint, they won’t see any of this controversy. Anything to protect the brand hey 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hope it’s worth it in the long run Susan.
It's a shame she and others don't look at this as an opportunity to lead the way in how to apologise and handle this appropriately. They would gain lots more respect for being humble about it and showing they appreciate how their comments have offended whether or not the intention was to or not. That is irrelevant.

Reactions: 2
Shes only lost about 2 thousand followers. Where is all the "action" and "refusing to stay quiet" that all those insta-shammers were going on about?

Reactions: 10
Also her account is on private ... so the apology is for who exactly? Just her followers 🙄

Reactions: 14
If it is it’s the first thing she’s bothered to say even if it is indirect. Also your post is going to be deleted we’re not allowed to talk about her
This actually makes me really uncomfortable. We wouldn’t dream of criticising a black Influencer for not calling out Susie’s behaviour, we’re in agreement that it’s not their responsibility to ‘fix’ a system they didn’t create. Why should we expect the mothers of disabled children/those with disabilities themselves to expend their energy correcting and educating people’s ignorance when it comes to disabilities?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She's still calling herself wanky in her bio. So she's very aware she's a crappy person- she just doesn't care.

Reactions: 3
It's the smirks I can't even cope with! The cheek of her. This is a prime example of the type of girl she is " jumps into the sea and comes out with a salmon" think she's above everyone, has a privileged life and seems like the type of girl who has life handed to her and has no thoughts about others feelings. What a horrible horrible woman. I remember watching her view on Disneyland and all she did was moan, whinge and say how disappointed she was with everything. Yeah fair enough if she didn't enjoy kt, her opinion but the way she went on and on about it was like a spoiled child. Has a lovely life but still wants more it seems, want everything and will do anything to get it. That's my view on her!

If her statement is bland and omits an apology it will have been legalled to death by a media crisis management lawyer (Media is a type of law just like Family or Crime etc). Imagine even having to have that conversation with your solicitor - God you’d die wouldn’t you.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
If you look at NM's stories she has tagged Tova Leigh and suggested followers watch her stories. I watched them and Tova is talking about "cancel culture". This, in a nutshell, is when an individual makes a remark about a sensitive issue and instead of discussing the issue the conversation moves to a personal attack on the individual who made the comment. Tova goes on to say how this is wrong.

This suggests to me that the NM is possibly linking this in her stories in relation to what Susie has done and therefore NM disagrees with people calling Susie out because it is "cancel culture". I could be wrong here but that's how it came across to me 🤷

So Susie says something along the lines of "whether I did or I didn't make those tweets.." and is also very calculated in making her speech have the feel of an apology whilst very deliberately not saying the word "sorry" (presumably so as not to admit anything).

Is this the angle her press people are going with behind the scenes to try and keep the story out the papers? Threatening legal action by claiming some of the tweets might be fake? She has clearly taken legal and PR advice in making that statement- feels very unnatural and sneaky.

At least MOD admitted the messages were all hers. It would have been far easier for MOD to have used the line "whether I did or did not send these messages", especially when her messages had the name Alice next to them, not "Susie Verrill" in black and white with a blue tick.

If this ever got to court for whatever reason, I would be happy to give evidence that I saw those tweets on her twitter account and I have the screenshots saved to prove I haven't altered them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
No...sorry but I am from a completely white village. Not one single person around me or in my school wasn’t white until the age of 13 when I joined secondary school and had maybe 5 POC out of 300. I have never thought, let alone said the things Susan has. And what about the disabled children posts?! Is not growing up around disabled people an excuse for that too? She clearly isn’t a nice person deep down and judging by her apology tonight I don’t think that can be changed...
That's the thing. What about all the others from similar background to hers who managed not to sound like tommy robinson on twitter? she's only addressed it to this extent because she positioned herself as top ally which became part of her brand

Reactions: 7
I can’t say I’m surprised that all those influencers that said they had unfollowed her actually haven’t. Disappointed yes, but not surprised at all.

Reactions: 6
I can’t say I’m surprised that all those influencers that said they had unfollowed her actually haven’t. Disappointed yes, but not surprised at all.
Is that because she’d shut down her account when they said that so ‘technically’ couldn’t unfollow her? Be interesting to see if in a day or two they have unfollowed now her account is back. But if they said that pre her shutting down her account then it really shows how performative their posts were doesn’t it.

I'm actually baffled by her stories. Saying her tweets don't matter, I'm a white, able bodied, average weight woman and I was genuinely offended by them. I can't imagine how hurtful they will have been to minority groups. She made no attempt to apologise and instead looked for the sympathy vote, I highly doubt she's been receiving threats to her children and if she continues to post them online I think that proves that.

There's no point in her even coming back, no brand will want to work with her. She's the next Mrs meldrum imo.
Side note: What happened with Mrs Meldrum?

Reactions: 2
I don’t care if I’m accused of a witch-hunt, but any advertiser who works with her in future I will happily email and say I have zero respect for them aligning themselves with her.

I am trying to be patient as she’s only just back on insta, but i am also judging HARD all those who continue to follow her after posting little black squares and saying we have to challenge racism. It’s hypocritical and weak to say the words and then not follow through with an action.

She’s like the mean girl from school who was snidey about everyone and giggled in a corner as you walked past 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She might be back on Instagram but that doesn't mean she's going to get any brand partnerships. Remember that a few Tattlers contacted the brands she's worked with and they have said they won't work with her again.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.