Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I searched it came up susie was still following her, but candice wasn't in her followers list? I think there is some cookie delay though, as some searches say noandro is still following her, but others say she isn't, and her IG post tonight implies she's not wanting to follow
Candice is in our mutuals. So Candice is still following her and so is Papa B. Candice did mention that she's not going to completely write off people who seem to be progressing since racist pasts. Who knows maybe she'll unfollow her after that tit apology

Her “apology” was like a defence statement being read out in court.
There are so many inconsistencies and holes in her story.
The biggest issue is her opinion that those tweets weren’t as offensive back then as they are now.
I totally understand her motivation to try and claw her way back onto Instagram. She really really rates herself - she ADORES thinking that she is famous ( bless her).
As a parent , she has over exposed the children on social media, despite knowing the pitfalls of doing so.
That is a choice they have made as parents in order to profit financially.
I am sure that must have been humiliating for her to film that video , so humiliating that she couldn’t find it inside herself to say I’m sorry.
All I see is a really immature woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
As in her IG? Is that what happenes here if someone quits IG?
I don’t follow Meldrum or her threads here but saw this mentioned somewhere else - possibly earlier in this thread today. But from what I understood because she’s left IG/shut down her other social media accounts her thread has been closed as it’s considered there is nothing further to comment on?

Reactions: 4
This
She also worked in the media at this time! It was her job to know what was acceptable and not acceptable to publish!
THIS!

No matter your upbringing, airing awful views like this is not only performative (look how clever, sarcastic and informed I am) it is completely offensive both professionally and personally.

Can you imagine the cringe of being her boss or colleague on Twitter. Awful.

Reactions: 4
Her “apology” was like a defence statement being read out in court.
There are so many inconsistencies and holes in her story.
The biggest issue is her opinion that those tweets weren’t as offensive back then as they are now.
I totally understand her motivation to try and claw her way back onto Instagram. She really really rates herself - she ADORES thinking that she is famous ( bless her).
As a parent , she has over exposed the children on social media, despite knowing the pitfalls of doing so.
That is a choice they have made as parents in order to profit financially.
I am sure that must have been humiliating for her to film that video , so humiliating that she couldn’t find it inside herself to say I’m sorry.
All I see is a really immature woman.
she is very clearly a racist. then and now.

Reactions: 5
She enjoyed it and put the wheels in motion.
The only real learning she has had is from watching and participating in the aftermath of that particular debacle.

She knew not to leave her account up and running, allowing more people to figure out what had happened.

She knew she couldn't sit on it for too long like the SODs had done, making more room for speculation and diminishing her chances of ever coming back to her 'career'.

Reactions: 3
Those stories are AWFUL! Speaking to viewers like they are naughty children. Woe is me attitude.
My house has been exposed, my children’s lives threatened as well as abusive messages so rather than take myself away from the situation for good I’ve decided to step back in full force, reminds me of Clemmie Hoopers comeback as the home account... What is it with these white privileged influencers? They just can’t stay away!

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Even if we want to give people a chance to do better - which we should - I don’t think we benefit from spending time trying to explore the reasons why someone has been racist. The middle class white background living in the sticks trope is quite possible but unnecessary. The root cause of being racist, no matter how severe, is white supremacy and the privilege of benefitting from the system of white supremacy. That’s all it is. In SV’s case it doesn’t necessarily also explain her offensive statements on bigger people, disabled children, blind people and so on.

White supremacy exists and has done for ages and that’s where racism comes from. It doesn’t matter where she grew up. It doesn’t matter how well off her family was. We gain nothing from trying to pin that down. The important bit is acknowledge it and dismantle it. I’ll give her a due, she did acknowledge it in a way not many others have but I don’t see her doing a lot of dismantling. Instead I see centring of self. That won’t get us anywhere. I think the best thing for her to do would have been to make a statement of some sort (praps not this one tho) then remain private or revert to a friends only account and actually do the work without making it a public act.

Reactions: 7
New to this thread after seeing her “apology”. I don’t condone any of the nasty, racist tweets at all but hoping to share some insight having worked on a number of D&I projects etc through my work and a slightly different perspective (again I’m not from Gleam and think her tweets were disgraceful!). Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. Certain jibes against other ethnicities and cultures back then (think circa Little Britain) were more the norm and I think her need to be “funny” and outspoken on Twitter was hugely misdirected and this coupled with her ignorance and quite possibly racist upbringing led to thinking those tweets were OK. I genuinely do believe that people grow up and people start to educate themselves, especially people who move to multicultural cities and become exposed to life outside their hometown. You’re expecting someone who has been brought up in a certain way to change their natural thoughts and behaviours just because we know it’s wrong, but it’s an education process. Basic human rights shouldn’t be an education process but look where we were even a mere 50 years ago. Two ways I feel about her stories tonight...firstly I think she is trying to stay void of emotion and just get through what she wants to say, like others have said if she cried she’d be accused of turning on the waterworks for sympathy - but this is who she is. She has always conducted herself in this way when addressing serious topics, it’s usually to deflect or how someone who struggles with expressing empathy/emotion puts up a wall to not let things in. Not saying this is right, but let’s be honest I don’t think there was much she could have done to rectify this right now. Just think we all need to be a little kinder in these times - Shes been called out, likely to lose her career and any partnerships/income and I think she knows along with everyone else that she’s royally fucked up. it’s going to be those poor kids who suffer in the long run if people keep berating her/Greg on here. Best way to get her to face the repercussions is to stop giving her the air time. Also remember everyone’s on their own journey. Ex offenders turn their lives around everyday after committing terrible crimes (George Floyd for example), so what’s to say someone like SV can’t do the same.

No...sorry but I am from a completely white village. Not one single person around me or in my school wasn’t white until the age of 13 when I joined secondary school and had maybe 5 POC out of 300. I have never thought, let alone said the things Susan has. And what about the disabled children posts?! Is not growing up around disabled people an excuse for that too? She clearly isn’t a nice person deep down and judging by her apology tonight I don’t think that can be changed...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Im also turned off by saying her tweets were perfomratice but that her insta over the last few years is her REAL self. Sorry, but that seems difficult to automatically accept. If she tweeted like that through her 20s then the likelihood is she thought the same things in her teens. How can that compare to a glossy, refined media presence of a few years?
She also mentioned in the 'i have been/am a racist' posts that when she signed with Gleam they asked her to delete all her old posts. In 2017. She refused and decided to keep them up So clearly she hasn't been 'real' for very long as she still associated with Performance Susie.

Reactions: 7
Brands have already stated they aren’t going to continue working with her so what does she think she’s going to gain out of coming back?!

Reactions: 2
Petition to get Greg's statue removed for having connections to a racist..

Why does he need a statue anyway :rolleyes:

I remember last year(?) they were promoting a healthy holiday to Kefalonia (I think?) where people could book to train with Greg and other sports/fitness people.. it was literally thousands of pounds. Did it happen????
don’t think they sold any!! It was literally thousands of pounds.. absolutely ridic

That video WOW.

Most 👏🏼 insincere 👏🏼 thing 👏🏼 I’ve 👏🏼 ever 👏🏼 seen. Susie has never used or heard of those words she’s used there, in her life. DIDN’T EVEN SAY THE WORDS I’M SORRY.

Not to mention the sarcastic ‘sorry I can’t kill myself’, the Gleam mask slipped and the real Susie came through then didn’t it!

Her kids have had death threats? Well fortunately for them, they are white British children who are healthy, able bodied and not deaf and dumb which is a good thing because if they were anything but then Susannah the racist bigot would have disowned them at birth. What an embarrassment.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The ultimate white privilege will mean she’ll tick along just fine after this and with an audience, a great deal of people do not give a tit about racism.

She is a person, not a Sith Lord, so this must have been intensely stressful for her. If she learns and changes, that’s the outcome the world’s looking for right now. Do it away from social media if you prioritise it over the junky addiction to showing off and likes.

Reactions: 13
If it helps anyone.
Just imagine the wedding pictures.

Susie's smug face and crap faux tan.

Greg and his Chandler Bing faux smile. (Wishing he was with his nice, pretty ex).

Milo and Rexy being obnoxious, superior and miserable.

Everyone wearing matching leggings.

Ugly chicken spitroast for the main.

Dogs off leashes everywhere.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.