Support Thread for the best strangers I've ever met!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m at my wits end an hoping some of you can help or offer advice for me to try.

My neighbour is a HEAVY smoker and for the past week the smell of her smoking and cooking greasy chip fat has somehow been getting in my house, we share a living room wall and bedroom wall… my living room and bedroom absolutely reek of her smoke and chip fat cooking.

The smell is Affecting mine and my child’s breathing we both suffer from asthma anyway and the smell been burning mine and our nostrils to the point we’ve been putting Vicks vapour rub under our nose Throughout the day and going to bed with it underneath our noses. ( I know this probably isn’t safe to use all all,everyday.)

I clean my house daily with safe products and mop my floors, I can’t use Aerosols because of our chest I don’t like using wax melts anymore as mine caught fire and nearly burnt my passageway down.
This will sound bizarre & probably condescending (I can assure you I don’t mean it too)
I have asthma too & find just opening all the windows during the day & leaving my bedroom windows open constantly helps me

Reactions: 1
This will sound bizarre & probably condescending (I can assure you I don’t mean it too)
I have asthma too & find just opening all the windows during the day & leaving my bedroom windows open constantly helps me
I have them open, I should of said that when I first posted :), I can’t sleep with closed windows but the smell is still lingering about.

ugh that sounds like my idea of hell!! Is it a long journey from where you are?! (I swear you said you’re from Cheshire or living in Cheshire but I might’ve remembered that incorrectly!!)
I’m sat in bed in absolute agony with my frigging foot! It’s throbbing through the boot! It’s ridiculous!! The baby is napping (he’ll be awake soon) and my eldest is building Lego in his play room while my partner answers emails 😂 so rock n roll!
My eldest turns 4 in April - 3 weeks after the baby turns 1… did not plan that very well but was told it was highly unlikely I’d ever have another baby so it was a big shock for us when I found out I was pregnant!
I’m jealous tbh. Would love to be in bed 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
I got pregnant with James within I think 2 months of miscarrying so we were a big shock too 😍😂
I live in St Helen’s where it borders Warrington so when we had to call the police once it said do you want Cheshire or Merseyside and I was like.. umm I dunno? 😂
I’ve just got into town & am hating myself so much 😂

I have them open, I should of said that when I first posted :), I can’t sleep with closed windows but the smell is still lingering about.
Hmm maybe an air purifier? Besides talking to your neighbour I’m not sure :(

Reactions: 3
I got pregnant with James within I think 2 months of miscarrying so we were a big shock too 😍😂
I live in St Helen’s where it borders Warrington so when we had to call the police once it said do you want Cheshire or Merseyside and I was like.. umm I dunno? 😂

do you know if the neighbour rents or owns? If they rent smoking inside isn't legal as far as I am aware,if so you could try and contact the landlord.

How is everyone's Saturday going? I am doing an online training course which isn't very good so basically lying on my bed with the cats with it onin the background :ROFLMAO:

do you know if the neighbour rents or owns? If they rent smoking inside isn't legal as far as I am aware,if so you could try and contact the landlord.

How is everyone's Saturday going? I am doing an online training course which isn't very good so basically lying on my bed with the cats with it onin the background :ROFLMAO:
I think that reply is for me lol..

It’s a council property and she gets housing paid for her. So they won’t wont do anything as it’s her house she is allowed too.

• Sad

no actual way do you live in St.Helens!!! I grew up there!!!!

Aww that’s lovely that you got your little miracle too ❤

no actual way do you live in St.Helens!!! I grew up there!!!!

Aww that’s lovely that you got your little miracle too ❤
NO WAY. YOU’RE JOKING?!? 😂
I live by St Helens Jnc station we bought a house here during lockdown as Manchester had become a joke x

Isn’t it 😂 insane.
meet only viewed the house once &went ‘it’s by a train station that’s grand’ 😂

have you managed to go see a doctor yet for your foot x
lol love it!! At least it’s good for transport!

seeing a doctor at the private hospital my partner works at on Monday so hopefully will have more answers then! Meanwhile… someone else is gonna have to tidy the mess that’s somehow ensued in my house this afternoon 😂😂😂

Reactions: 2
lol love it!! At least it’s good for transport!

seeing a doctor at the private hospital my partner works at on Monday so hopefully will have more answers then! Meanwhile… someone else is gonna have to tidy the mess that’s somehow ensued in my house this afternoon 😂😂😂
Exactly 😍
I used to walk to work when we were in Manchester nice 45 minute walk down to the Quays which I did like but not ideal 🤷🏼‍♀️
oh that’s a shame.. you’ll have to lay in bed and do nothing.. such a shame.. 🙅🏼‍♀️😂
Hahaha

Exactly 😍
I used to walk to work when we were in Manchester nice 45 minute walk down to the Quays which I did like but not ideal 🤷🏼‍♀️
oh that’s a shame.. you’ll have to lay in bed and do nothing.. such a shame.. 🙅🏼‍♀️😂
Hahaha
aww I used to live in the Quays 2009-2011! I’ve made it downstairs to the sofa now but I’m honestly in so much pain! And I have a really high pain threshold!! Feeling super sorry for myself!!

aww I used to live in the Quays 2009-2011! I’ve made it downstairs to the sofa now but I’m honestly in so much pain! And I have a really high pain threshold!! Feeling super sorry for myself!!
I love walking round the quays on my lunch (well used to only get 30 minutes now

Dya need some crunky snacks & a bottle of Coca Cola?

E1C06B58-3F02-43CA-978F-D180EBE71574.jpeg

😂 @bringingdownthebs

Last edited:
  • Haha
Big giant arrow pointing towards the area ? 👀

I had lasagne. It was incredibleView attachment 1007963
omg that looks lush 😍😍 my partner cooked carbonara and I’m ridiculously full now! It’s my absolute favourite food and he’s such a good cook! Getting into bed now cos I’m so rock n roll! My foot is pissing me off! I just want it to get better and I don’t wanna be in any pain 😫

omg that looks lush 😍😍 my partner cooked carbonara and I’m ridiculously full now! It’s my absolute favourite food and he’s such a good cook! Getting into bed now cos I’m so rock n roll! My foot is pissing me off! I just want it to get better and I don’t wanna be in any pain 😫
Did you have any garlic bread with it? 🤤
I’ve made a little one for us for tomorrow
(MIL is here asking me when I’m having another child yay)
Try and prop it up on a pillow sweet and put some music on in headphones to distract. I’m happy to send a playlist to chill too 😂
Also look familiar? Haha

77F8B349-7ACD-4AEC-9258-A6FCEE48CF58.jpeg

• Heart
Did you have any garlic bread with it? 🤤
I’ve made a little one for us for tomorrow
(MIL is here asking me when I’m having another child yay)
Try and prop it up on a pillow sweet and put some music on in headphones to distract. I’m happy to send a playlist to chill too 😂
Also look familiar? Haha

View attachment 1008134
I did! So now I stink of garlic 😂😂

why do MILs interfere so much?! My ex MIL was an absolute nightmare! Didn’t really get to know my partner’s mum too well as she was very poorly when we got together and passed away when I was pregnant - but she was excited to meet the little one… she just never got to 😞

yessss!!! I used to live in the Abito building! Bet I’ll have pics somewhere of the view from my apartment!

edited to add the photos cos I found some!!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
I did! So now I stink of garlic 😂😂

why do MILs interfere so much?! My ex MIL was an absolute nightmare! Didn’t really get to know my partner’s mum too well as she was very poorly when we got together and passed away when I was pregnant - but she was excited to meet the little one… she just never got to 😞

yessss!!! I used to live in the Abito building! Bet I’ll have pics somewhere of the view from my apartment!
mate don’t get me started on it I could go on and on and on about her remarks

I’m so sorry 😞 that’s awful. It’s so hard to lose someone that close I can’t imagine how upset your partner must have been before your baby was born

nooo way thats where I walked around by work 😭😂
We’re besties 4eva

mate don’t get me started on it I could go on and on and on about her remarks

I’m so sorry 😞 that’s awful. It’s so hard to lose someone that close I can’t imagine how upset your partner must have been before your baby was born

nooo way thats where I walked around by work 😭😂
We’re besties 4eva
we should write a nightmare MIL book!!

yeah it was really hard for him after watching his dad suffer and die only a couple of years prior… pretty much to the day. Thankfully he had someone to help him through it this time around… although it was still really really difficult for him. He lost so much weight too and was barely sleeping. He’s quite good at hiding his emotions (suppose he has to be really because of his job) but it was obvious how hard it was for him. Think it was like… we’d got our fresh starts with each other and his mum didn’t really get to see it. She was so proud of her son for making such a success of his career but she never liked his wife!

Anyyywaaayyy… trying not to further depress myself this evening! Plus he’d go mad if he knew I’d been sharing stuff! He’s very private. When I had a public Instagram account when we first started dating I mentioned like one tiny little thing about him and some woman messaged me and was like “omg I think you’re dating my doctor” so that was it… I came off insta for ages and he was so creeped out he made me promise not to mention even the slightest thing about him if I went back on!! To be fair… I didn’t even name him or anything and this woman figured it out!!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.