Support Thread for the best strangers I've ever met!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
we should write a nightmare MIL book!!

yeah it was really hard for him after watching his dad suffer and die only a couple of years prior… pretty much to the day. Thankfully he had someone to help him through it this time around… although it was still really really difficult for him. He lost so much weight too and was barely sleeping. He’s quite good at hiding his emotions (suppose he has to be really because of his job) but it was obvious how hard it was for him. Think it was like… we’d got our fresh starts with each other and his mum didn’t really get to see it. She was so proud of her son for making such a success of his career but she never liked his wife!

Anyyywaaayyy… trying not to further depress myself this evening! Plus he’d go mad if he knew I’d been sharing stuff! He’s very private. When I had a public Instagram account when we first started dating I mentioned like one tiny little thing about him and some woman messaged me and was like “omg I think you’re dating my doctor” so that was it… I came off insta for ages and he was so creeped out he made me promise not to mention even the slightest thing about him if I went back on!! To be fair… I didn’t even name him or anything and this woman figured it out!!!
Oh poor thing. I can understand that I remember when I lost my grandad (he was like my father) and my nan and I was broken it was awful I don’t think you ever go back to the person you were before after suffering such a loss but he’s so so lucky to have you 💕
His mother will be around looking after you all

That patient is… weird. Really weird. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Oh poor thing. I can understand that I remember when I lost my grandad (he was like my father) and my nan and I was broken it was awful I don’t think you ever go back to the person you were before after suffering such a loss but he’s so so lucky to have you 💕
His mother will be around looking after you all

That patient is… weird. Really weird. 😂
aww I’m so sorry for your losses ❤ You’re right - it completely changes you doesn’t it?

yeah… I have lotssss of stories about weird patients but probably shouldn’t share them! We do have a restraining order out against one who became an absolute crazy stalker and turned up at our workplace and house and tried to tell me she was having an affair with him 🙄🙄 I was like “he took months to just ask me for my number and we saw each other practically every day at work… I highly doubt he’d be having an affair with a patient!” 😂😂

aww I’m so sorry for your losses ❤ You’re right - it completely changes you doesn’t it?

yeah… I have lotssss of stories about weird patients but probably shouldn’t share them! We do have a restraining order out against one who became an absolute crazy stalker and turned up at our workplace and house and tried to tell me she was having an affair with him 🙄🙄 I was like “he took months to just ask me for my number and we saw each other practically every day at work… I highly doubt he’d be having an affair with a patient!” 😂😂
WHY ARE WOMAN SO WEIRD?!
It CAN NOT just be me that thinks most women are fuxking mental

You physically feel yourself change don’t you? It’s like your I dunno atm is now a ghost and you’ve lost it. It’s there but you can’t feel it anymore and you want to use it but it’s like it’s gone
I still find myself going to call my nan to tell her something funny I saw. Weird when Nikki from big brother died I immediately went to call her (we used to stay up watching big brother 😂)
Grief changes you entirely x

• Heart
0D65896B-C05A-4715-BA0A-3AF146050450.jpeg

Super random but proud & sharing the Knowledge 😂 get down to M&S. all the sale is reduced again. Got these jeans for my ma for £3.49 😂😂 (instead of £35)

hope everyone has had an amazing weekend xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
View attachment 1010271
Super random but proud & sharing the Knowledge 😂 get down to M&S. all the sale is reduced again. Got these jeans for my ma for £3.49 😂😂 (instead of £35)

Oh wow , love a bargain!

I got a really nice pair of brand new with tags Markies trousers a few weeks ago in a charity shop. Tag said £34, I got them for £4 ! Was delighted

Reactions: 2
Oh wow , love a bargain!

I got a really nice pair of brand new with tags Markies trousers a few weeks ago in a charity shop. Tag said £34, I got them for £4 ! Was delighted
Live for them 😂 gutted I couldn’t get any in my size tbh

View attachment 1010271

ooo love a good bargain! I might go tomorrow if I can get someone to drive me! Tempted to take the boot off and see if I can manage to drive 😂 already fed up with this stupid foot!!

Just popped over here to give you all some love.
How you doing @Poppiesmimi and @Upyourshinch?😘

Reactions: 3
ooo love a good bargain! I might go tomorrow if I can get someone to drive me! Tempted to take the boot off and see if I can manage to drive 😂 already fed up with this stupid foot!!
Can you try & see if you can get into Manchester via the train? I picked them up on the one on market street with the trams you might be ok? :( I miss living on chapel street to be able to just get my son in the pram & go for a wander 😂 I was only there today to drop my MIL back in
Did you sort an appointment to get you foot checked out? If not we may have to start calling you pirate peg leg xx

Can you try & see if you can get into Manchester via the train? I picked them up on the one on market street with the trams you might be ok? :( I miss living on chapel street to be able to just get my son in the pram & go for a wander 😂 I was only there today to drop my MIL back in
Did you sort an appointment to get you foot checked out? If not we may have to start calling you pirate peg leg xx
I’m gonna sound like a snob now but I haven’t got on a train in years 😂😂😳 I could give it a go but dunno how I’ll cope with the crutches! I’ve got a private appointment tomorrow evening but I’ve had to talk my dad in to driving me and dropping me off 😂 then I can come back with my partner once he finishes his clinic there. Just hoping I don’t have to have surgery on it and the boot is actually enough to help it heal!

I’m gonna sound like a snob now but I haven’t got on a train in years 😂😂😳 I could give it a go but dunno how I’ll cope with the crutches! I’ve got a private appointment tomorrow evening but I’ve had to talk my dad in to driving me and dropping me off 😂 then I can come back with my partner once he finishes his clinic there. Just hoping I don’t have to have surgery on it and the boot is actually enough to help it heal!
Not a snob at all! I don’t drive (the hostile environment has made it very difficult as a non British citizen to obtain a provisional 🙃) so I live on trains 😂 but northern are really helpful if you need help getting on and off 🥰 if you tell the ticket staff you might need help getting on n off they alert the train (seriously I heard a lady in Liverpool the other week n fuxk me BOOM RAMP 👀 I was shocked

ahh that’s good my fingers and toes will be crossed you don’t need surgery 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Reactions: 2
So I just wanted to share for anyone suffering with long covid who is feeling isolated and wondering if they’re the only one with certain symptoms etc that I have just found some really useful stuff.
The British heart foundation has a great page which is very informative and has a section where it shares stories of some individuals and their experience of their covid journey!
These are so helpful and I was relieved to read them that I wasn’t going crazy. You tend to feel that unless someone else has experienced how fucked up covid can make you that they really don’t get it. I’ve been quiet to friends and family as I don’t want to be judged so found this to be extremely reassuring.
One of the other takeaways from this site was a comment by one of them about a Facebook support group for long covid so I did a search and found two with thousands of followers and joined. And wow! I would highly recommend if you are struggling to join one!
Everyone on there is there for the same reason to get reassurance, get help and advice from people who have been through it all and still experiencing things, advice on handling docs and other lifestyle things to help your recovery.
One particular symptom I had been having and doc won’t listen and says it’s just anxiety. As soon as I went on the page, I saw a post about it! And people experiencing the same issues and I all of a sudden felt like I had support and I wasn’t crazy!
I wanted to share on here as I know a few have mentioned they have covid. it really helps when you speak with others who are going through the same! Don’t Feel isolated 💓
Or please share if you know someone else is suffering
Link to the British Heart Foundation

ETA forgot to mention amazing app I used, obviously not everyone finds the same things helpful, but it has for me finally get a good night sleep when my anxiety is high and scared to now ...
Insight Timer is the app
I did a deep sleep mediation for an hour and went off like a baby and woke up this morning! first good nights sleep I’ve had in while!

I had covid Jan 2020, very early days but we definitely had it as I work in this field my instinct was telling me what is this flu?( Cuz I know a flu with a cough is NOT good news, and it’s easier spread) my partner was really ill and I took him to a&e I thought he was getting pneumonia. It was confirmed as “flu” I never had a cough like and it completely went for my head, I’m having thoughts about past events that was really traumatic, because I felt I couldn’t breathe 🙄 I received a letter about something else I was dealing with it (I can’t discuss sorry) as soon as I opened that letter I broke down. I am soo tired. I feel I’ve aged 20 years. Down to my head but covid played a huge role in my mental health, it was a mess anyway lol.

Anxiety has ruined me. I hate it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I forgot about this thread!!! Hi all 💋❤

I am not! Still in a state of shock tbh! Haven’t told many people yet - just my parents and his kids. Waiting to announce it as pretty sure people will have a lot of negative comments to make, just like when we said we were having a baby.
Wow that's gorgeous. Congratulations sweetheart 👏🎉👏🎉👏🎉👏 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.