Support for anyone that needs to vent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know, you’re so right. I am lucky to have really good friends and one in particular who I could say anything to and she will just get it. But I always leave it til I’m about to explode before I will say anything to her about how I feel because I hate to feel I’m off loading to someone, yet I know if the shoe is on the other foot I’m happy to listen to anyone and glad they feel they can talk to me. And then she goes mad at me for not telling her sooner 😂 so I need to take my own advice and not be afraid to ask for support when I need it. I think it’s just so typical of women and maybe Irish people in general to just feel like you have to get on with it and not be making a fuss! I did go to a therapist for a good while and found her a great help so it’s something I’m definitely going to look into again just to keep on top of it. I’m looking forward to be able to go back to yoga again too after covid. Not the same trying to do it at home with kids hanging off you as you try and be zen 😂 x
Good woman, get your arse in gear and talk to your friend x

Hi
I’m so glad I’ve found this thread. I know everyone’s said this. I was up in the night too but didn’t contribute because I was scared. I’ve always been scared of my own shadow. As other people have said I’ve probably suffered with anxiety and depression for 30 odd years. Many times I’ve stood on the edge of a massive pit and felt myself teetering. Twice I’ve fallen in. Depression makes me a different person who I don’t like very much. People say they understand but I don’t think they do. I say and do things I’m not proud of. I lost my job because of this.
What I came on to say is what upset me last night was the sudden interest there seems to be in children’s mental health. When for years this has been neglected. It seems to me that now the worried well and financially advantaged have had their boat rocked it’s become an issue. Now you actually have to guide educate and love your neurotypical children the world has to listen. My son has autism. He is now 18. For most of his childhood he was labelled the naughtiest child in his school year.A teacher actually said that to my face. The Senco leader at his school was useless and just said take him to your doctor. As he has no other learning difficulties he struggled through school until year 10. He became depressed and started taking drugs and self harming. He saw our Gp who agreed he should go on the Camhs waiting list. During the months of waiting he had an episode where he left home in the middle of the night and the police had to search for him. He was found but was kept in hospital overnight for his own safety. It was only then that he received the psychiatric care he needed. He finally saw a psychiatrist who quite quickly identified that he displayed symptoms of asd. But to get the help he would need he had to be diagnosed by a team of experts. This took over a year. All this time he was on antidepressants which neither he nor I felt were doing any good. Once he was diagnosed and was able to have group therapy with young people of his own age he improved dramatically.
So maybe you can excuse me not feeling particularly sorry for people who have to look after their own children and keep them happy and entertained. When none of the rest of the establishment cared about him. And it is a story I’ve heard time and time again from other parents whose children have genuine mental health issues and Learning difficulties. 99% of children will be ok. My son lost months of school took serious medication and had his life chances harmed all so certain sections of society could have a new Range Rover every year from their tax breaks. Now ‘you’ know how it feels!
That sounds so rough to deal with, it's no wonder your anxious. It's a serious load to carry with no help available. Hope he's doing better now, but you need to look after your needs too in order to support him. Hope you're getting some support even from a friend xx

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I'm absolutely drained 😳 I feel like I'm just going through the motions of life. I'm working most days and it's all a blur. Worked extra days/hours as a lot of the staff were out due to testing positive for covid 🙄 working again all weekend , all I want to do is sleep and not wake up. I'm not suicidal or anything, it's just I don't want to wake up. Sorry for being deep but just had to type it out. It makes me feel a bit better

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm absolutely drained 😳 I feel like I'm just going through the motions of life. I'm working most days and it's all a blur. Worked extra days/hours as a lot of the staff were out due to testing positive for covid 🙄 working again all weekend , all I want to do is sleep and not wake up. I'm not suicidal or anything, it's just I don't want to wake up. Sorry for being deep but just had to type it out. It makes me feel a bit better
It's just unending isn't it. So difficult and tiring. Try and get a bit of sleep xx

Reactions: 1
It's just unending isn't it. So difficult and tiring. Try and get a bit of sleep xx
It feels like it's never going to end. This lockdown is way worse than the last two. The rude customers don't help either. I feel like screaming at them. Even when i do sleep it's like I'm not getting enough, my eyes are burning out of my head. Drinking a cup of tea now and hitting the hay 😴 thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It feels like it's never going to end. This lockdown is way worse than the last two. The rude customers don't help either. I feel like screaming at them. Even when i do sleep it's like I'm not getting enough, my eyes are burning out of my head. Drinking a cup of tea now and hitting the hay 😴 thanks
It's horrible and agreed that this one is more difficult. Sleep well 😴

Reactions: 3
We know we can’t talk/think/hope our way out of how our body deals with insulin, if we were diabetic, we would seek medical help.
We should apply the same logic to depression whether it’s a chemical imbalance or caused by trauma.
Please see your doctor. If it’s an imbalance of serotonin and noradrenaline is an easy solution.
If it’s trauma, it’s much more difficult of course but they can refer you for help there too.
You wouldn’t try to wish your way out of a broken leg and depression and/or anxiety should be just the same. Somethings broken, we need help to fix it.
Sleeplessness breeds anxiety and depression, we can’t function correctly, it’s a vicious circle. The doctor can help you with this too. Please, please don’t be scared. You absolutely don’t have to feel this way.
Thank you ❤
It feels super difficult as I've never met any GPs at my new surgery so worried they won't take me seriously

Reactions: 2
Thank you ❤
It feels super difficult as I've never met any GPs at my new surgery so worried they won't take me seriously
If they don’t, they are not doing their job properly, you formally complain and see another doctor. Be strong, don’t let fear control you. Worst case they don’t take you seriously, what have you lost? You did it, you tried and you can be proud of that x

Exhausted this week. 33 weeks pregnant and MIL passed away this week. Her husband has learning difficulties so isn’t able to organise or sort anything out and my husband has just left it all to me. My husband comes up to me and says how wonderful and supportive his boss has been. While he walked out of the room and played video games while I dealt with the death registration. Not even a thanks. I understand he’s grieving etc but a little empathy would of been great.
Sorry to offload this here, hope you guys don’t mind.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Exhausted this week. 33 weeks pregnant and MIL passed away this week. Her husband has learning difficulties so isn’t able to organise or sort anything out and my husband has just left it all to me. My husband comes up to me and says how wonderful and supportive his boss has been. While he walked out of the room and played video games while I dealt with the death registration. Not even a thanks. I understand he’s grieving etc but a little empathy would of been great.
Sorry for your loss. It's just so hard to deal with this stuff and it's harder if you have to do most of it yourself. You should have told your husband you needed help. Mine plays videogames too. It's like having an extra large child at times. Everything is left up to us

Reactions: 4
Hi, I feel like absolute crap at the moment, split with husband, he is seeing someone we both work with, I feel angry, mad, disappointed the lot, come home hide from my kids & cry, although I didn’t cry yesterday which is an achievement in itself, I feel fat, ugly, worthless & feel no one else will ever want me ever again, we had been together nearly 25 yrs, it’s hard seeing him with someone else & I just get in an empty bed night after night, but I do realise one thing & that he was so controlling, put me down & absolutely shattered my confidence. I dread going to work but I know I need to for my kids to keep a roof over their heads & prove I’m a good mum to them!

Sorry for the rant xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Don't apologise at all for letting out what's in your mind x that's what this is for xxx
Your poor husband, losing a parent or family member, close,relationship can be very hard.

Your husband will realise what a rock you have been. Because you have been.
A thanks would be great too and it will hopefully come.
Hope also that your feeling OK in this stage of pregnancy xxxxx

Hi, I feel like absolute crap at the moment, split with husband, he is seeing someone we both work with, I feel angry, mad, disappointed the lot, come home hide from my kids & cry, although I didn’t cry yesterday which is an achievement in itself, I feel fat, ugly, worthless & feel no one else will ever want me ever again, we had been together nearly 25 yrs, it’s hard seeing him with someone else & I just get in an empty bed night after night, but I do realise one thing & that he was so controlling, put me down & absolutely shattered my confidence. I dread going to work but I know I need to for my kids to keep a roof over their heads & prove I’m a good mum to them!

Sorry for the rant xx
Firstly, you have done the best thing for you and spoken about how you feel.
Secondly, you are a stellar mum. You are there for your kids. You feed them? Clothe them? Are they warm and happy? If so then you're doing brilliantly. Xx

Thirdly.
25 years is a long time to have your confidence eroded. You are a woman worthy of love, happiness and it's time to restore your spark. It was buried for a while but now it's time to be a phoenix and rise from this turn of events with a massive duck you To the ex husband. You are stronger and more beautiful then you believe.

If it's possible I'd ask to move department as I'd not be in a position not to scream at him in work 🙈🙈

Last edited:
  • Heart
I feel like I just need to say this ‘out loud’
... I’ve just moved to a new country and started a new amazing job. I split up with my bf as part of the move and in a way I was relieved. He is definitely an alcoholic, doesn’t have a job and can be really angry at times. But, I’ve just found out that I’m 7 weeks pregnant and I have no idea what to do. The country that I’m in has very strict abortion rules and they are hesitant to let me go through the process as they don’t think I have any support and they’re right. I literally have no one. I can’t get a flight get back to the UK due the restrictions. I can’t speak to my family as it would break their hearts that they can’t help me. My ex boyfriend said he would support me but then asked to borrow £20 so he could go out and get drunk and I’m just lost. I’m living in a house share and have only known my housemates 3 weeks so can’t really break the big news... I have no idea what to do!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I feel like I just need to say this ‘out loud’
... I’ve just moved to a new country and started a new amazing job. I split up with my bf as part of the move and in a way I was relieved. He is definitely an alcoholic, doesn’t have a job and can be really angry at times. But, I’ve just found out that I’m 7 weeks pregnant and I have no idea what to do. The country that I’m in has very strict abortion rules and they are hesitant to let me go through the process as they don’t think I have any support and they’re right. I literally have no one. I can’t get a flight get back to the UK due the restrictions. I can’t speak to my family as it would break their hearts that they can’t help me. My ex boyfriend said he would support me but then asked to borrow £20 so he could go out and get drunk and I’m just lost. I’m living in a house share and have only known my housemates 3 weeks so can’t really break the bug news... I have no idea what to do!
Oh chick!! Hugs!!! That's a difficult position to be in. And firstly well done on the amazing new job. You're gonna do amazing!!!
Have you any close friends back home?
Are the gp hesitant due to the support bubble you may need?
Have you told them the situation with the ex?

Maybe speaking to a counsellor will help also. Honestly I can't imagine or pretend to know what's going on in your head right now. But if it was me, yes my family would be upset and want to help regardless , but they'd be more. Upset if I didn't at least ask for help or tell them.
Sending you so much love ❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Oh chick!! Hugs!!! That's a difficult position to be in. And firstly well done on the amazing new job. You're gonna do amazing!!!
Have you any close friends back home?
Are the gp hesitant due to the support bubble you may need?
Have you told them the situation with the ex?

Maybe speaking to a counsellor will help also. Honestly I can't imagine or pretend to know what's going on in your head right now. But if it was me, yes my family would be upset and want to help regardless , but they'd be more. Upset if I didn't at least ask for help or tell them.
Sending you so much love ❤❤❤❤
Thank you ❤
This really means a lot! I’ve just spoken to my ex bf on the phone and he really is an hole, he’s full of the ‘I’m always here’ ‘I want to help’ ... so I offered to pay for flights and everything for him to come here and he was like no I can’t. I get that we’re in the middle of a global pandemic but I really need some form of support right now ... he then made some joke that he was bored so might download tinder 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I literally have no words!

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Thank you ❤
This really means a lot! I’ve just spoken to my ex bf on the phone and he really is an hole, he’s full of the ‘I’m always here’ ‘I want to help’ ... so I offered to pay for flights and everything for him to come here and he was like no I can’t. I get that we’re in the middle of a global pandemic but I really need some form of support right now ... he then made some joke that he was bored so might download tinder 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I literally have no words!
Oh hunny, don't be tempted. You're away from him now, you're worth more than he's offering. Is there a helpline or something where you are that you could talk stuff over?

• Heart
Thank you ❤
Girl that's what we are here for to try and help xxx

Do not. I repeat do NOT go back there.you are worth so much more then him. . Yes you need a good support system but hun, using him as it is like.. Drinking poison when your thirsty.. Not gonna help anything. Xxxxxx

Like tic toc said is there a help centre over there? Xxx

• Heart
Girl that's what we are here for to try and help xxx

Do not. I repeat do NOT go back there.you are worth so much more then him. . Yes you need a good support system but hun, using him as it is like.. Drinking poison when your thirsty.. Not gonna help anything. Xxxxxx

Like tic toc said is there a help centre over there? Xxx
This exactly. Not sure where you are, but there are women's groups worldwide that would more than welcome you and support you without judgement. If you want to say where you are I will research for you but understand if you'd prefer not to say xx

• Heart
This thread is for anyone that needs support or vent for any reason. Lot's of us are finding it difficult coping and sometimes having a witch or letting our feelings out will give us an outlet xx

Think I made the support link?
Great idea, thank you 💕

Struggling so bad today. I have BPD so my feelings are so strong, for everything and everyone.

I just don't know what to do. I'm very miserable, I love my boyfriend but it's just not working out anymore. Arguments are becoming more frequent and intimacy way less so. It does hurt me, especially since I feel guilty for really liking someone else. I can't help my feelings.
I just feel so broken about it all, we're saving to get a house together and everything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.