Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t had a chance to watch the video yet, does she mention why she kept it quiet for this long? She said something on insta stories about being glad she doesn’t have to keep it a secret anymore and I wondered why, if it bothered her that much, she didn’t just say earlier (particularly as she was getting some comments asking about it).
She said she had a pretty difficult first trimester which carried on into the second, though she didn't explain what exactly but did say she didn't have to go to hospital, and that announcing now meant she is in a better place or something. She also said she was taking time to get used to the idea.

I like that she is being considerate thinking of whether to show the baby and seems pretty set that its appearance in videos will be minimal if she even shows her at all. Some influencers starting using their baby as an ad opportunity or photo prop as soon as they can which feels a bit off to me.

Reactions: 10
She said she had a pretty difficult first trimester which carried on into the second, though she didn't explain what exactly but did say she didn't have to go to hospital, and that announcing now meant she is in a better place or something. She also said she was taking time to get used to the idea.

I like that she is being considerate thinking of whether to show the baby and seems pretty set that its appearance in videos will be minimal if she even shows her at all. Some influencers starting using their baby as an ad opportunity or photo prop as soon as they can which feels a bit off to me.
Thanks! And I agree re the using baby as soon as possible thing. As long as she doesn’t go the Fleur de Force route and upload headless pictures of her baby to shill clothes lol.

Reactions: 3
Maybe she’s just never wanted a big career? There’s no problem with a woman wanting to get an education to then become a mother and work part time. She’s clearly earning enough money to be given a mortgage on a massive house, so why would she give up YouTube to earn significantly less working more? She seems really happy to be having a baby, so I’m happy for her and good luck to her.

I also liked that! the fact that she is clearly (so far) not milking the pregnancy which she could have done but considering that she said she was taking time to get used to the idea of being pregnant I think it took her completely by surprise and not at all planned but I hope this change is good for her as a whole.

I actually like the fact Jess said she'll definitely end up showing the baby - so many influencers are so set on not showing their kids ever then give in as soon as they can use them for ads - at least she's transparent

I’m actually really happy for her, and it’s great that she’s got something to look forward to - her mum must be so excited as well.
At the end of the day, she’s rich and has a job which gives her the time to really enjoy the baby so good luck to her and Zak. Still can’t believe this thread called it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Genuinely feel like my big sister or best friend has announced they’re pregnant! feels weird saying that but I feel like this emoji right now 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Reactions: 8
I actually like the fact Jess said she'll definitely end up showing the baby - so many influencers are so set on not showing their kids ever then give in as soon as they can use them for ads - at least she's transparent
I agree! No drama unlike some people 👀

Reactions: 2
I haven’t had a chance to watch the video yet, does she mention why she kept it quiet for this long? She said something on insta stories about being glad she doesn’t have to keep it a secret anymore and I wondered why, if it bothered her that much, she didn’t just say earlier (particularly as she was getting some comments asking about it).
She needed time to wrap her head around it herself and get used to the idea.

Jess is one of the only influencers I still follow, I’ve stuck with her even though her content has gone downhill of late. Really hope this baby brings her happiness and gives her the purpose she’s been looking for. I do wonder if it was planned though.

Maybe she’s just never wanted a big career? There’s no problem with a woman wanting to get an education to then become a mother and work part time. She’s clearly earning enough money to be given a mortgage on a massive house, so why would she give up YouTube to earn significantly less working more? She seems really happy to be having a baby, so I’m happy for her and good luck to her.
She does seem very happy to be having baby. I don’t think she has to have a big career but she seems to lack purpose & just seems a bit at sea. She films mostly in her wardrobe or bedroom, does a lot of hauls & her days seem to consistent of getting up, showering & getting back into bed to read & then having a nice dinner mad
by Zak. Great if that’s what she wants but she seems lacklustre. Then there was the recent talk of doing science which to me suggests to feels a bit lost.

She seemed really animated when taking about her baby. I’d hope that in ten years time when her daughter is more independent she’ll be doing something that brings her more happiness than what she’s doing now.

Ok so I’m gonna pop the love in bubble happening here 😂 sorry.

looks like dead beat dad of they year Zack, is the new Jason (Sami Maria’s ex)
The lad can’t hold down a job, I don’t have high hopes for him in parenthood.

jess seems shocked she’s pregnant, god only knows how she’s cope with a new born and YouTube when she can’t manage to juggle reading a book and YouTube. 🤷‍♀️
But they’ll probably have endless amounts of help.

And her bull crap about not rushing renovations on the new house due to
Covid.
No Jess. There was no covid 18 months ago, laziness in not a pandemic

Reactions: 16
Given she’s 1) pregnant and 2) living with a sick parent I’m surprised she’ll be going back to the gym when it opens. There have been major outbreaks traced back to gyms.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Congratulations to Jess. However, I don't understand why she wants to have a kid with a man who works for her and relies on her financially? And it's just a small amount of work at that. Doesn't seem a good dynamic for a relationship.

Judging from what her mother did to her place, I’m assuming the renovation they are doing are not just an extension somewhere and a new tiles in the bathroom. They’re probably working on some huge architectural project.

With Zak, I get the idea he’s simply following Jess and is therefore putting his career second. Like when he was a chef, she may have complained that they never had time together anymore. He really should have finished his degree though. What a shame.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Given she’s 1) pregnant and 2) living with a sick parent I’m surprised she’ll be going back to the gym when it opens. There have been major outbreaks traced back to gyms.
Less than 3% of transmission comes from gyms. I would also assume that any transmission comes ignoring the rules and people training together from multiple households.

Reactions: 1
But way less risky than going to a supermarket or indie at school!

Judging from what her mother did to her place, I’m assuming the renovation they are doing are not just an extension somewhere and a new tiles in the bathroom. They’re probably working on some huge architectural project.

With Zak, I get the idea he’s simply following Jess and is therefore putting his career second. Like when he was a chef, she may have complained that they never had time together anymore. He really should have finished his degree though. What a shame.
ive always assumed that she wanted him to work for her, to keep him to herself - when he was a chef she seemed super lost and was always complaining that he was out working so I wasn’t surprised when she announced he’d be quitting to help her. Insane that theyearn enough for both of them from afew videos though 😳

Reactions: 12
She does seem very happy to be having baby. I don’t think she has to have a big career but she seems to lack purpose & just seems a bit at sea. She films mostly in her wardrobe or bedroom, does a lot of hauls & her days seem to consistent of getting up, showering & getting back into bed to read & then having a nice dinner mad
by Zak. Great if that’s what she wants but she seems lacklustre. Then there was the recent talk of doing science which to me suggests to feels a bit lost.

She seemed really animated when taking about her baby. I’d hope that in ten years time when her daughter is more independent she’ll be doing something that brings her more happiness than what she’s doing now.
To be quite honest, I don’t think many people her age have a set purpose right now. I’m the same age working in a graduate job with a load of other people my age, and barely any of us know what we want in the next 5 years. As someone doing it, I don’t see how a 9-5 plus busy periods, earning a half decent wage gives someone a purpose more than becoming a mother does? I’d say earning her own money (and a lot of it) is better than grinding away to line the pockets of someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It’s not that being a mother is purposeless, I would agree that it’s the opposite. However, it does irrevocably change your life and especially for women, from that point on your life is no longer just your own and becomes in a large way now centred on your child. That is NOT to say women give up or have to give up their lives or goals or careers, but there’s no point in pretending that from that point out you are not dedicated to your child and at the very least making nearly every day to day and life decision around that child. Not to mention, for women the mental and physical toll just a pregnancy takes. Again, not to say that a baby is a bad or unenjoyable thing, obviously not lol, but it’s also not a ‘Dunno what I want to do with my life, let’s try this for a lark’ activity.

All that to say, it’s surprising to see Jess who never seemed to have quite ‘flown the nest’ or settled on anything in particular (and her boyfriend the same), now having a baby and therefore taking on the ‘my life is no longer just my own’ completely transformative decision. Whatever part of her life that might have evolved in an independent way in her 20s is gone now. Mothering is NOT a disappointment or directionless, of course not, but it is a very real direction that isn’t just ‘why not do this if you’re not doing anything else’ and actually means something. She is very young and tbh, who knows if she will even last with Zak.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.