Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good for her announcing it and taking charge of the rumors.

edit:
I dont think having a child means your life stops. A woman can have a career and a child its not impossible.

Reactions: 18
I feel like some people on this thread undermine the difficulty of obtaining a PhD. It's not that being a mother would stop her from doing a PhD per se, it's that she'll likely use it as an excuse to continue with her joke of a career, aka being a part-time influencer.

I know a handful of PhD candidates/scholars with a PhD and she doesn't have a tenth of their intellectual capacity, natural drive, perseverance, and conscientiousness. It's not some short-term online course, it's years of hard work and dedication, and I don't see her succeeding in it, unfortunately.

Reactions: 19
I think that Jess just didn't really want a prestigious career, so maybe being a mother will end up being perfectly fit for her. Same for the PhD, she talked about it a few times but she never seemed that interested in doing one.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I absolutely agree that young mothers, like Jess's mother, can still have highly intensive and successful careers. However, this is Jess we're talking about here. Unless she magically transforms into an extremely self-motivated, self-disciplined person completely different from the passive, "I need a whole Monday to plan my week of reading" Jess we've been seeing for the last two years, I think she will have a lot of trouble balancing parenthood and career. Hell, I still remember last vlogtober when a "busy day" for her was going to the gym and getting her nails done. Maybe learning what "busy" means in the context of being a parent will change her perspective for the better, who knows, but for now I'm skeptical as to what direction she plans to take with all this.
Again, nothing wrong with making family first if that's what she wants, but just surprising from Jess specifically.

Reactions: 17
Her life doesn't stop because she's becoming a mother, she could absolutely pursue a PhD in a few years if she wants to. But maybe she will enjoy being a mother and won't feel the need to do one, and that's fine too.

She seems happy so I'm happy for her and Zak! I also hope that her mom's health gets better and better, I'm sure that she's very happy to become a grandmother.
I wasn’t suggesting it would end. Just that I never ever expected her to be a young mum

Reactions: 2
Don’t forget this baby is being born into a huge set of wealth and privileged, yes some people might struggle work like balance when they become parents but Jess is very lucky lots of brands still want to work with her and will continue to do so and she can evolve her content around the baby, and Zak works for her, they’ll be set up quite well

Reactions: 10
Wtf why is the announcement video 30mins long?? Is it also a normal vlog?
has anyone watched it and want to give a summary?
Go her for keeping it a secret this long, thank god she didn't milk it like many influencers do!

Reactions: 3
Omg my jaw literally dropped and I ran straight here 🤭 I’m actually very happy for her, and also selfishly happy for me because her content will be perfectly aligning with my own life — I’m due at the same time as her and exactly the same age 😅 That’s why I obviously disagree with everyone who says 26 is too young to have a baby. It’s really not. If you feel ready, then no one can dictate your timeline for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's absolutely possible to have a career and a baby and nobody's life has to stop because they have children, but it's blatantly obvious that she hasn't got the drive or work ethic and is even more unlikely with a child.

Reactions: 13
Wtf why is the announcement video 30mins long?? Is it also a normal vlog?
has anyone watched it and want to give a summary?
Go her for keeping it a secret this long, thank god she didn't milk it like many influencers do!
She just explained a bit about her pregnancy thus far and how she found the first trimester hard, gender of baby, their living situation/build update, mum situation etc. It was 17 mins of updates and then a small vlog around Kensington basically. She did show her bump too when discussing maternity clothes.

I found it very refreshing and I disagree with a lot of comments on here about her not being maternal. I think she'll be a great mother as she has all the help she will ever need from her own mum, hired help if needed and she's not thick herself. She's clearly researching and doing what she needs to be doing to prepare.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think she will be a good mum too, and I'm sure it has brought them a lot of happiness in this tough time of covid and her mum's illness. It's great to hear there is positive news about her mum too, I always thought her mum seemed cool and interesting even though we never see her on Jess' channel, she would probably be more interesting and inspirational than Jess to follow. 😂

I also agree a baby doesn't mean you can't do anything else with your life but from what we have seen so far I doubt she will start taking loads of opportunities now as she couldn't manage it before and is about to get even busier. I think the baby will do her good though.

I probably won't watch her content and will probably just follow along on here as I have no interest in YTers when their content becomes baby focussed, but I do wish her well!

Reactions: 7
Omg my jaw literally dropped and I ran straight here 🤭 I’m actually very happy for her, and also selfishly happy for me because her content will be perfectly aligning with my own life — I’m due at the same time as her and exactly the same age 😅 That’s why I obviously disagree with everyone who says 26 is too young to have a baby. It’s really not. If you feel ready, then no one can dictate your timeline for you.
congrats on the pregnancy!! 🥰 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I got a blast from the past when I saw that Fashionfilth congratulated her. They used to hang out a little and they’re very similar in a lot of ways. Both from very rich families, both have a grungy style and now both are young mums too. Both seem to have a boyfriend who just rides along. Fashionfilth’s (Lexi’s) career has seriously stalled though. Believe they’re in Portugal now.

But yes, we would have definitely found out much later had it not been for that Goodreads book. And the pumpkin just confirmed it all for me. It was a matter of time until the announcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Came here to congratulate the person who said “I bet she will be pregnant soon” over a year ago! Can’t find the post exactly but what a good guess! I hope this baby isn’t to plug a huge void for Jess! She seems to have a very empty life...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
On the one hand she seems really happy which is great. On the other I feel a bit disappointed for her. She had so much potential post uni & IMO she has done nothing with it & is even less likely to do so now.
If she really wanted to she could easily manage a career because she has the money for good childcare. I don’t see it happening though, not unless something changes. I don’t believe that everyone has to have a career, but in Jess’ case I think something additional to YouTube & baby would be good for her.

Reactions: 4
I loved her video. No frills and build up just I'm pregnant, I hate that word. Haha she is very down to earth!

Edit to say, I like how she said she is still getting her head around it.

Reactions: 17
This seems so random to me, not gonna lie. I guess in my mind I still thought of her as a really young uni student since she hasn't done much since her uni days - no real career/job/big project other than the 2 videos a month and some sponsored posts, same hair, same outfits, same bedroom.

Reactions: 12
She and her boyfriend haven’t even moved out of her parents house lol. If this were a girl who was not very rich and white and pretty the comments everywhere would be far more judgmental and scathing.

Reactions: 39
She and her boyfriend haven’t even moved out of her parents house lol. If this were a girl who was not very rich and white and pretty the comments everywhere would be far more judgmental and scathing.
Well, I do think that you should try and not have a child if you cannot afford it. This is not the case with Jess, I compare her more to people like Binky Felstead etc., just a completely different lifestyle.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.