Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally understand why she has chosen to keep this private. I personally don’t blame her tbh I would do the same. It’s no ones business at all and not everything needs to be shared online.

All I can say is I hope the best for her and her family.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I totally understand why she has chosen to keep this private. I personally don’t blame her tbh I would do the same. It’s no ones business at all and not everything needs to be shared online.

All I can say is I hope the best for her and her family.
I'm not trying to contradict your post, but she's the one posting clues, pregnant pumpkins, obvious photos, and captions that hint at a pregnancy, so she must know that people are going to speculate?

She's a vlogger, after all, she chooses to put her private information out to the public for a living. It can't all be easy money and flattering comments without any cons, just like any other job out there.

Reactions: 12
I'm not trying to contradict your post, but she's the one posting clues, pregnant pumpkins, obvious photos, and captions that hint at a pregnancy, so she must know that people are going to speculate?

She's a vlogger, after all, she chooses to put her private information out to the public for a living. It can't all be easy money and flattering comments without any cons, just like any other job out there.
Not to mention that I’m sure she would accept #gifted baby items and sponsorships. These supposed influencers can’t have it all ways.

Reactions: 2
It's the spoilt approach to her 'influencer career' where she's doing the bare minimum needed to collect paychecks, freebies, and attention at her leisure but isn't respectful enough of her following who made this bullshit possible to be direct with them about her intentions. She doesn't owe her following a revelation about her pregnancy, but everything else is pretty low-integrity bullshit. Obviously no one is obligated to view her videos or social media but I find it a pretty shabby way to treat a following. If I were rich and educated like her, I would have fucked off of the internet, rather than putting out blatant anti-content just to keep myself semi-relevant in what's becoming a pretty universally reviled 'career'. Her level of participation makes it crystal clear how transactional this all is and diminishes the viewership experience - you know you're just being bought and sold with your click and getting about zero in return at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have to say, in a way, I kind of like Jess not milking the whole pregnancy. I can also imagine this is easier than to have to acknowledge 6+ months of continuous requests for baby inventory and what you’re packing in your hospital bag, or her views on breastfeeding. Just have that baby and what’s done is done. As long as it’s not announced officially, it will just be a few inquisitive comments here and there.

Reactions: 5

I agree with this as well.

The thing is I feel like pregnancy is pretty private. I personally cringe at birthing vlogs and honestly the whole family vlogging thing in general. I'm sure she will share some things about her journey, perhaps a full video like what Kiley Jenner did.

Whatever the case is I think Jess just doesn't feel like documenting her preganacy for the entire internet to see. It's obvious she doesn't do well with too much criticism so I cant imagine the comment section about how she has no job neither does her baby daddy. How can he get you knocked up and not propose? He doesn't have a job? That's crazy your house isn't even done. etc etc. (and I'm being nice here)

I don't see her under normal circumstances able to withstand all that especially not now with her mom and the general state of the world.

She honestly seems miserable. Based on her vlogs I dont think it has really hit her or Zak what's about to happen to them tbh.

So while she is opening herself as a vlogger sure, and putting little clues, I dont think she is ready to open the flood gates either.

And I do not blame her what so ever.

Reactions: 6
It's the spoilt approach to her 'influencer career' where she's doing the bare minimum needed to collect paychecks, freebies, and attention at her leisure but isn't respectful enough of her following who made this bullshit possible to be direct with them about her intentions. She doesn't owe her following a revelation about her pregnancy, but everything else is pretty low-integrity bullshit. Obviously no one is obligated to view her videos or social media but I find it a pretty shabby way to treat a following. If I were rich and educated like her, I would have fucked off of the internet, rather than putting out blatant anti-content just to keep myself semi-relevant in what's becoming a pretty universally reviled 'career'. Her level of participation makes it crystal clear how transactional this all is and diminishes the viewership experience - you know you're just being bought and sold with your click and getting about zero in return at this point.
This 🙌 Couldn't have said it better.

--

I really do think she is pregnant and the more I think about it, the more sense I actually think it makes. Her mom had her very young too--even younger than Jess is now. I could see her being of the mindset that she really enjoyed having a young mom growing up and now she wants to recreate this family model. They've got the huge house (sure, it's not ready, but they've got it); they've got the money; they've got the time (more than enough); and most importantly they've got no other purpose or aspirations that we know of (no career plans or anything). I can see how she would rationalize having a baby now. Zak's sister also has kids already.

I said this a while ago on this thread but I really think she's going to wait till after the baby is born to say anything (and when she does I think it'll be very understated). Even after she has the baby I doubt she'll share much of it. She already doesn't show us anything relating to her boyfriend, parents, siblings, friends, other relatives...so I really don't expect her to start with her baby. As I mentioned in a previous post, it's 100% fair enough to not want to share your private life online but then why pursue this career? At least be honest and tell your viewers exactly what this is to you. Don't hide 99% of your life from us only to then come at us with your "Hi my loves 💓" and pretend like you actually have a personal connection with your audience.

I would agree with the whole "pregnancy is no one's business and not everything needs to be shared online" thing when it comes to any of us random folks, but for someone who sells their lifestyle online as their job? I'm sorry, but no. I tend to think it would just be the respectful thing to do to let your audience know at least about the major things happening in your life. When she does things like Vlogtober isn't the whole purpose that she shows us into her life and tells us what she's getting up to, how she's feeling, what she's thinking about? If she's posting these videos while hiding a whole pregnancy then that's pretty disingenuous in my opinion. You just can't have the cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It's kind of funny when you think about how much speculating we're doing when the reality is, we don't really know Jess at all. She has always kept her audience at an arms length (although she definitely opened up more during her uni years). I made a comment a long time ago on GuruGossip about how Jess and Zak could be married for all we know and just never told us. I don't actually think that is the case, but you get my point. She is so incredibly private, I'm not surprised in the least that she isn't sharing her pregnancy.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
some people just have kids cos they don't know what else to do with their lives..

she seems really lost

Reactions: 11
If she is indeed pregnant, I can also see how her mother's illness may have created a sense of urgency or at least increased her interest in having a child sooner than later.

Reactions: 5
Her need to be in a car more may mean that she doesn’t want to put the child at harm by using public transport

I personally don’t really care for influencers and their personal lives, everyone I watch, I started watching because of their style. I can barely sit through a vlog, regardless of who it is.

(says the woman who is on Tattle to know whether some stranger is pregnant)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I was more under the impression that the pregnancy was unexpected to be honest. I can see why she'd want to have a kid now to some extent, but I think it would have made more sense to wait until their house is finished. We really know so little about her that I guess it could be either. I could definitely see Zak wanting kids early, so maybe his desire for kids influenced her.

I think it’s unplanned too. She’s pretty young to be having a planned baby, especially in the upper middle class circle she’s in. I thought she’d follow the traditional route of house, dog, marriage then baby at around 30.

Reactions: 6
I love the idea of an influencer going through their entire pregnancy without ever 'announcing' it to their followers. Like you see the belly grow in their photos as the months pass but they post content as usual, reply to the comments with the usual 'thanks! This shirt is from Zara!' and never acknowledge the other questions.

Reactions: 11
Wish she would show more of her mum's house, the decor is stunning, the best amongst UK influencers.

Reactions: 10
Their house decor is easily searchable on the internet. The company that did their design posted pictures.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.