Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
in that cases I'd guess her parents paid a hefty cash deposit and they have small mortgage 😂😇
She’s been raking it in for years, I would imagine she probably had every penny stashed away and then was given money by grandparents etc rather than directly by her mum and dad

She’s been raking it in for years, I would imagine she probably had every penny stashed away and then was given money by grandparents etc rather than directly by her mum and dad
I don't get the impression her grandparents have much money. I think her mum, step-dad and maybe her dad definitely contributed.

I def did not grow up with as much wealth as Jess but I'm lucky to have grown up fairly privileged and within my family and peers it's common for the parent to buy a house outright for their offspring, and then the offspring pays back the parent as they would a mortgage. This is why I'm quite surprised Jess has a mortgage but then again her house is £1m+.

I don't get the impression her grandparents have much money. I think her mum, step-dad and maybe her dad definitely contributed.

I def did not grow up with as much wealth as Jess but I'm lucky to have grown up fairly privileged and within my family and peers it's common for the parent to buy a house outright for their offspring, and then the offspring pays back the parent as they would a mortgage. This is why I'm quite surprised Jess has a mortgage but then again her house is £1m+.
I don't think her mom makes that much money either, she must make a decent amount of money yes, but Jess' family comes from old money. her great-grandad was a famous architect.

I don't think her mom makes that much money either, she must make a decent amount of money yes, but Jess' family comes from old money. her great-grandad was a famous architect.
Her mum will earn a lotttt. She's pretty high up at a Magic Circle law firm right? I think her partner is too so especially between them they will be raking it in.

Reactions: 6
I mean your use of 'much money' is subjective. Her mum and step-dad are both partners at a magic circle law firm and I'd imagine make 7-figures each; not combined.

Do you mean on her dad's side? Because Jess has said before that her mum came from a somewhat normal family and worked hard to be in the financial position she's in now. Which would imply her mum doesn't come from old money.

Edit; actually I just looked into it, and the architect you're thinking of didn't have any children so possibly a great-great-uncle of some kind rather than great-grandfather.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Whoever gave her her last name,.. I think she has her mom's last name. If you look up Barnstaple and her last name you will get the Wikipedia page of her great-grandad. He was even commissioned to work on Westminster abbey.. I don't mean to insinuate that she lies about her money but I've seen several older videos in which she says that her family is not rich.. while getting designer items. (so I think she downplays her wealth a lil bit because she does not want to appear too privileged)

Also on the pregnancy rumours, for me the biggest indicator that they wanted to start a family was when she showed all the children's book they brought to their new house from the farm. It was in a video from aroud spring/early summer. I found it kinda strange.

Reactions: 3
Whoever gave her her last name,.. I think she has her mom's last name. If you look up Barnstaple and her last name you will get the Wikipedia page of her great-grandad. He was even commissioned to work on Westminster abbey.. I don't mean to insinuate that she lies about her money but I've seen several older videos in which she says that her family is not rich.. while getting designer items. (so I think she downplays her wealth a lil bit because she does not want to appear too privileged)
As I said above in my edit, it appears they're distantly related (if at all); she's not a direct descendant of him therefore I'd imagine would not have benefited from his success.

Reactions: 2
I mean your use of 'much money' is subjective. Her mum and step-dad are both partners at a magic circle law firm and I'd imagine make 7-figures each; not combined.

Do you mean on her dad's side? Because Jess has said before that her mum came from a somewhat normal family and worked hard to be in the financial position she's in now. Which would imply her mum doesn't come from old money.

Edit; actually I just looked into it, and the architect you're thinking of didn't have any children so possibly a great-great-uncle of some kind rather than great-grandfather.
7 figure salary is a lot so to be making that each is insane! Especially when you consider the average wage in the UK.
From my experience most lawyers and people in the legal profession come from some what of a middle class background so I assume her mum has come from a decent enough background, like you can always tell someone’s background based on the houses they grown up in. Jess and her mum live in centeralish London, in 3 story town house. They’re loaded in my opinion 😂

Reactions: 8
7 figure salary is a lot so to be making that each is insane! Especially when you consider the average wage in the UK.
From my experience most lawyers and people in the legal profession come from some what of a middle class background so I assume her mum has come from a decent enough background, like you can always tell someone’s background based on the houses they grown up in. Jess and her mum live in centeralish London, in 3 story town house. They’re loaded in my opinion 😂
agreed, they’re completely loaded, not even a question about it 😬 You can tell from their townhouse size (she walks down those stairs for what feels like days), the luxury interior design, the ginormous farm, Jess’ clothes and jewelry, the fact that she gets Diptyque advent calendars for Christmas from her mom as a small treat (those are $400), even the amount of books they can buy brand new...list goes on and on. They’re a boujee family and that’s a fact🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Her mum definitely makes a lot of money. She's been a partner at Freshfields for 15 years. Their partners were paid £1.8 million in 2019.

Yes and Zak absolutely landed on his feet and he knows it.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Her mum definitely makes a lot of money. She's been a partner at Freshfields for 15 years. Their partners were paid £1.8 million in 2019.

Yes and Zak absolutely landed on his feet and he knows it.
And her stepdad has been a partner there for even longer

No, partners in magic circle law firms often do come from old money and the old boys network. It’s no different at her mum’s law firm.

There was a vlog recently where Jess showed the apartment she lived in when she was young and it was just her and her mom. From the outside, the apartment looked normal, I recall it sat above a restaurant on a busy-ish street. I'm from the US, so I have no idea what the market was like in that particular area of London 20 or so years ago when Jess was young, but it didn't look like anything super nice like what they have now. Also, there was a video maybe a year ago where Jess and Zak went to visit her grandma and they were in the living room I believe and the decor looked very normal for a grandma lol. It wasn't crazy lavish or anything. I'd imagine her mom grew up quite comfortably, but it seems like a lot of her money has come from her current position + her husband's income (and we have no idea what her husband's financial background is either).

Reactions: 6
Well, Jess went to quite posh girls’ schools and it’s not uncommon for grandmas to move to smaller houses, or for single moms to move to a flat while on the look for a new house, but yeah, who knows.

Well, Jess went to quite posh girls’ schools and it’s not uncommon for grandmas to move to smaller houses, or for single moms to move to a flat while on the look for a new house, but yeah, who knows.
Or have a flat they buy when their house is being renovated 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My friend is friends with one of Jess’ old uni mates. She isn’t pregnant according to her. It’s quite easy to speculate but it’s just depression, stress and letting herself go a little, which is understandable.
New account, only ever posted 3 posts all denying the pregnancy ...

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Yeahhh I still think Jess is pregnant. @Hasanah123 is an established member so I don't think she would troll us about what she saw.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.