Sunbeamsjess #5 never consistent, always disappears, renovates a house for 4+ years

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, I've reported it to the ASA. Don't know how she keeps getting away with it. They'll probably ignore it but I had time and was feeling petty today 😂
She’s claiming people are getting confused, that when it’s a long term partnership she doesn’t need to put it in the title… just needs to introduce it….. ummmm not sure the ASA agree with that

Reactions: 6
From her new YouTube video.
---
Taken from asa.org.uk

“If the video is largely editorial but includes a section that is advertising, or only some of the products featured are affiliate-linked products, it should be clear immediately before or at the time the advertising starts/the affiliate linked products are featured – either by way of a clear verbal explanation or prominent on-screen text to make clear which parts of the content are advertising.”

It’s unclear to me where vlogs or for example her book reviews fall under the guidelines. Technically only a ‘section’ is her verbally advertising skillshare, but it’s not the case that Skillshare is just present amongst other affiliated products in a video. The entire purpose of the video is the Skillshare ad with vlog footage interspersed. If Skillshare didn’t pay, the video wouldn’t exist (imo). So the video is an AD?

Especially in a vlog when she just takes a bath and cooks noodles for dinner or talks about a book she read.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
This comment was spot on but of course Jess had to respond with a condescending comment implying she knows more.
These “creators” need to realise that they wouldn’t be in the position to set up Patreons without all of these regular non-paying subscribers in the first place. They can preach about it being “free content” all they like, but they’re still getting ad revenue. That’s not free content IMO!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
What annoys me about jess is she pretends to be woke but then has no problems with scamming her patreon subscribers or breaking ASA rules 🙄

Reactions: 9
This comment was spot on but of course Jess had to respond with a condescending comment implying she knows more.
These “creators” need to realise that they wouldn’t be in the position to set up Patreons without all of these regular non-paying subscribers in the first place. They can preach about it being “free content” all they like, but they’re still getting ad revenue. That’s not free content IMO!
Conveniently doesn't answer or respond to the main point the person is trying to make.... :rolleyes:

I honestly can't believe she has over 1000 patreons? Unless she has a really high turnover rate? It sounds like she mainly uses it to chat about books in a "safe space" :rolleyes: on discord. Paying to be "friends" who never criticize her!

Tbh her content is so luckluster I couldn't even get myself to watch her latest video. Idk how I did not unsubscribe yet.

Reactions: 3
Re this comment that I have attached - what commitments does Jess have? Being a parent is one of course but even for that she has help both paid and through family.

Other comments are defending her saying she does this for free we can't demand anything. The lines get so blurry though when she's making money off her audience, popping back up with ads and expecting support of her sponsorships etc. Also spending most of her time moaning about how drained and tired she is to her audience who are probs genuinely 10x busier than she is is a massive ick.

Also the comments she gets on YT are pretty tame and I would say are more constructive criticism than being mean so idk why these followers are running to her defence.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
I'm fighting the urge not to reply to every single one of those comments defending her. The ad is RIGHT THERE, it's not free content when she's earning revenue! She has no other jobs and employs a nanny to look after her child! The bar is so low and these people just sound stupid defending her when she gives them nothing but crumbs.

Reactions: 18
I'm fighting the urge not to reply to every single one of those comments defending her. The ad is RIGHT THERE, it's not free content when she's earning revenue! She has no other jobs and employs a nanny to look after her child! The bar is so low and these people just sound stupid defending her when she gives them nothing but crumbs.
It’s like a cult almost now. Where the blind follow the blind

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to say something
i also commented... but her cult following is just plain stupid, praising her regardless and race to defend her from any "mean" comments haha
does she only have followers under the age of 25 who do not know what a "regular" day job is like?

Reactions: 7
I don’t even have a problem with her wanting to take a step back from YouTube to be a part time stay at home mum and part time everything else, she has the financial means to do it and a lot of parents would if they could.

My problem comes with when she does upload a video it’s an ad for some random company that’s not even relevant to her channel, she has a patreon where people are giving her thousands of pounds of their money a month (& doing so during such a poor economic period) and she’s not delivering to them, and in the videos people on YouTube do get it’s just her moaning about being tired all the time or starting a new week fresh on a Wednesday, in this recent case starting the new year…a few days before Easter.

If she’d made a video when Ines was born saying shes probably going to be uploading less until Ines is in school, but the videos when they did arrive were decent quality and weren’t condescending I honestly don’t think this thread or her comments would be half as bad.

Reactions: 15
I don’t even have a problem with her wanting to take a step back from YouTube to be a part time stay at home mum and part time everything else, she has the financial means to do it and a lot of parents would if they could.

My problem comes with when she does upload a video it’s an ad for some random company that’s not even relevant to her channel, she has a patreon where people are giving her thousands of pounds of their money a month (& doing so during such a poor economic period) and she’s not delivering to them, and in the videos people on YouTube do get it’s just her moaning about being tired all the time or starting a new week fresh on a Wednesday, in this recent case starting the new year…a few days before Easter.

If she’d made a video when Ines was born saying shes probably going to be uploading less until Ines is in school, but the videos when they did arrive were decent quality and weren’t condescending I honestly don’t think this thread or her comments would be half as bad.
this made me look up her patreon (I used to be a member), never paid attention to how many patrons she had. Over 1000! Paying at least ÂŁ3 a month, and ÂŁ8/month is the most popular tier! Damn

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
this made me look up her patreon (I used to be a member), never paid attention to how many patrons she had. Over 1000! Paying at least ÂŁ3 a month, and ÂŁ8/month is the most popular tier! Damn
This is absolutely sickening

No wonder she doesn’t give a tit about YouTube unless it’s for an AD

The worst part is it sounds like she doesn't give a tit about her Patreon either

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That’s terrible. I understand supporting people on Patreon even if they don’t upload all the time to support them. Do you know the “you’re wrong about” podcast? They don’t upload often but put a lot of time and effort into research and stuff. I’d understand if Jess put effort into what she does but she just half asses everything. Her book videos are dull and long. She just briefly summarizes huge piles and moves on. I used to like her vlogs but now (when she does post them) they’re long and mostly of her just in her house. I think she should evolve her content or move on cuz right now she’s more of a grifter than a YouTuber.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember her friend Lucy who looked a lot like Jess? She appeared in a few videos, they went on double dates with Zak and her boyfriend. Wonder why they fell out. She really doesn't have any friends outside her little uni circle, does she?

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember her friend Lucy who looked a lot like Jess? She appeared in a few videos, they went on double dates with Zak and her boyfriend. Wonder why they fell out. She really doesn't have any friends outside her little uni circle, does she?
I’m not sure we would even know because she never films anything interesting she does

• Haha
Reactions: 3