Sunbeamsjess #5 never consistent, always disappears, renovates a house for 4+ years

When will they finally move into the new house?

• Next year

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • End of 2025

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • When their kid starts school

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • When their second kid starts school

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Never

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • And the longest option, when Jess starts uploading consistently

Votes: 27 22.0%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder if they'll end up keeping to the 10-year timeline (even 10 years counting from the actual move-in), or if they'll decide it's too much of a hassle to move and stay there much longer. I know Jess is rich via her family but I don't think she'd literally be handed heaps of cash to buy a much newer house that was ready (to Jess's standards) to move into immediately with no renovations.

Reactions: 6
Double posting a whole day later lol, but she posted an insta story about how her patrons got a sneak peek into Vlogtober. Why does she not understand the point of daily vlogging? She always tries to sneak in extra days the month before so that she can skip some of the actual month she's supposed to be vlogging.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I suppose the kid will be going to private school anyway, so it doesn't matter where she lives when they have to apply

Reactions: 3
Double posting a whole day later lol, but she posted an insta story about how her patrons got a sneak peek into Vlogtober. Why does she not understand the point of daily vlogging? She always tries to sneak in extra days the month before so that she can skip some of the actual month she's supposed to be vlogging.
iirc she did the same thing last year. Started filming a few days before October, but still managed to get behind on the daily vlogs (who's surprised) and was uploading vids a week or two into November lol

Reactions: 4
iirc she did the same thing last year. Started filming a few days before October, but still managed to get behind on the daily vlogs (who's surprised) and was uploading vids a week or two into November lol
Yeah that's also my recollection. I think she's also done it for Vlogmas except with those I feel like she'd put the previous few days as bonus footage in the first. Not try to make it count for an extra week in 4 weeks of weekly vlogs 🙃.

Reactions: 1
I feel like she’s never been up to date with vlogtober or vlogmas even in her uni days. I do really hope this year she’ll film her actually doing things instead of just talking about having done something

Reactions: 9
I feel like she’s never been up to date with vlogtober or vlogmas even in her uni days. I do really hope this year she’ll film her actually doing things instead of just talking about having done something
That's probably true, but it feels like back then she'd be making an effort to do daily vlogging and end up combining days a handful of times. Recently (the past few years) she aims to only put out weekly vlogs and still manages to fall behind on it.
---
I just went and looked at the extrasunbeamsjess channel and it looks like for her last vlogmas there (2017) she made 17 videos between the 1st and 24th, and did combine a lot, but it was like, a video every 2-3 days (plus I don't recall which year it was that her aunt passed away during a vlog month). In 2016 though she did all the days individually except 3 combined videos with 2 or 3 days in them.

I think having the schedule where she worked her editing in along with all her classwork made her stay on top of vlogging a lot better. Then in grad school when her schedule was more sporadic, her upload schedule also seemed to get more sporadic.
---
Oops, she made 7* videos for the last Vlogmas, not 17 haha (can't edit the comment anymore)

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I hope it’s not 20+ days of us sitting in her wardrobe hearing ‘hello my loves today we did X and X’ then a 2 minute montage of London and the back of her kids head.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have no problem with Patreon if you're getting extra content or really enjoy the creator, but it's absolutely mad to me that some people are offering "sneak peaks" at content. It's such an obvious scam. Just wait a couple of days and save your cash!

Reactions: 16
Quite liked the first episode of Vlogtober, still not going to resubscribe yet bc I feel like as usual it just won’t last. There was still a bit too much telling rather than showing but it was better than usual. Ines is adorable, ngl.

I feel like there’s so many missed opportunities with Jess. She could really lean into and focus on the idea of ‘slow living’ in her vlogs, I would never begrudge someone for living like that, it’s how we should all be able to live. But her acting like her life is just soooo stressful when she’s got a nanny to look after her kid during the day, probably still a cleaner to do the majority of the cleaning round the house and her partner seemingly at home too is just too ridiculous and completely deluded.

Reactions: 23
Of course the first Vlogtober is sponsored, why am I even surprised at this point
I mean not that it feels right to stick up for Jess but it’s 2023, almost all YouTube content is sponsored now, if the person is able to get a sponsor. It’s just the way it is and I don’t really care as long as they disclose it and it’s not for a shady company.

Reactions: 8
After watching the Vlogtober intro I'm immensely confused about their moving situation. Like she's talking about being on a time crunch to move out so her mom's old house can sell, but also said that the builder is doing totally not what she expected (building a mezzanine bookshelf when she was hoping for "some kitchen action"). Surely they could tell the builder what to focus on to get the house livable for them ASAP? Unless she's just being polite for what she says on camera, it seems like they're not really trying to tell the builder their move-in timeline is urgent, and then just stressing nonstop about how slowly the reno is going.

Reactions: 22
but also said that the builder is doing totally not what she expected (building a mezzanine bookshelf when she was hoping for "some kitchen action").
Was shocked when she said this too. You shouldn't be out of the loop of what your builder is doing??

Reactions: 8
Was shocked when she said this too. You shouldn't be out of the loop of what your builder is doing??
Especially if Zak is over there being involved in some way to the extent that she always portrays (basically every single day). I feel like they're treating this builder like he's a famous artisan and they can't question his methods, when actually they should be well within their rights to at least request that the job be finished in a certain order. If there are actual logistical constraints, then the builder could tell them why something won't work, but it sounds like all the kitchen stuff (appliances and/or materials?) has been just sitting in the house waiting for months, and he's choosing to work on other projects first because he doesn't understand that they're suddenly in a hurry to move despite being totally meh about it originally.

Reactions: 15
I mean not that it feels right to stick up for Jess but it’s 2023, almost all YouTube content is sponsored now, if the person is able to get a sponsor. It’s just the way it is and I don’t really care as long as they disclose it and it’s not for a shady company.
Have to agree it's a job at the end of the day, not really just a hobby for most people who do it.

Jess' lack of content, and the poor quality of the content she does produce, is my primary criticism.