Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she probably wants to be pitied
I think she just doesn't understand what "real" fitness is. Not to gatekeep, because I think any progress is worth celebrating and there's no "You must lift this much to be fit" but her brand of fitness is obviously just going to classes because they help her feel productive and busy and accomplished. She doesn't have a goal to lift a certain amount of weight, or to progress at a specific activity she loves. She just likes the idea of "being fit" because that's what people who have their tit together do.

Also I just canNOT with her whining about only being able to do one thing at a time. She did this long before Ines. I really think she should see a mental health professional because that sounds like something along the lines of ADHD or a similar issue, where she struggles with executive function. Even if it's not to the point of being a disorder, I think a therapist could help her come up with ways to accomplish all the things she clearly wants to do with her life. I know lots of people who successfully work full time, raise kids, AND stay dedicated to their fitness routine. It's far from impossible and she talks about "finding balance" but literally seems incapable of doing more than one thing at once. She can read OR she can work out OR she can make content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Haven’t been on her IG/YouTube in ages and miss the days when she was living in Edinburgh. At least she was somewhat interesting then 😂

Yesss I *loved* Edinburgh Jess. That was when I really got into her videos (her gRuNgY style earlier wasn't my thing) and then was greatly disappointed by her just a few years later haha.

Reactions: 11
I think she just doesn't understand what "real" fitness is. Not to gatekeep, because I think any progress is worth celebrating and there's no "You must lift this much to be fit" but her brand of fitness is obviously just going to classes because they help her feel productive and busy and accomplished. She doesn't have a goal to lift a certain amount of weight, or to progress at a specific activity she loves. She just likes the idea of "being fit" because that's what people who have their tit together do.

Also I just canNOT with her whining about only being able to do one thing at a time. She did this long before Ines. I really think she should see a mental health professional because that sounds like something along the lines of ADHD or a similar issue, where she struggles with executive function. Even if it's not to the point of being a disorder, I think a therapist could help her come up with ways to accomplish all the things she clearly wants to do with her life. I know lots of people who successfully work full time, raise kids, AND stay dedicated to their fitness routine. It's far from impossible and she talks about "finding balance" but literally seems incapable of doing more than one thing at once. She can read OR she can work out OR she can make content.
but if she admits she needs therapy, which is totally fine, she’d come up with some solutions and be proactive 😂 seriously though, I hope she actually has ADHD otherwise this behavior will keep making her look unprofessional

Reactions: 1
but if she admits she needs therapy, which is totally fine, she’d come up with some solutions and be proactive 😂 seriously though, I hope she actually has ADHD otherwise this behavior will keep making her look unprofessional
I really wonder if maybe part of her problem is that she's used to problems she can throw money at. Not enough time? Just hire a nanny! Not enough motivation? Make your boyfriend quit his job and work for you! She doesn't actually know how to push herself emotionally to face underlying issues she needs to resolve.

Reactions: 14
Presented without comment. Todays video 48 mins of books she read in January.

It's May 3rd

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I used to love her book content but I'm even over that now.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her book videos bleeping piss me off. I wish I had all the time in the world to read so many damn books.

Reactions: 15
Her book videos bleeping piss me off. I wish I had all the time in the world to read so many damn books.
Thing is, she hasn’t even read that many, I’ve read more than her abs I have a full time job where I can read on lunch breaks etc…. She really hasn’t read that many, good reads says 25?

Reactions: 7
No surprise more Jeff VanderMeer lol
Jeff VanderMeer is where I lost faith in her recommendations...I read Hummingbird Salamander after she kept talking about "working her way through VanderMeers back catalogue", it was honestly really bad. But more fool me I still tried Anhilation and that was even worse.

I actually have conflicting feelings on her recommendations to be fair as I've loved Wolf Hall, Piranesi and Pew off the top of my head based on her recommendations but then I've also hated as many as I've liked. And never really anywhere between.

Reactions: 4
She really doesn't know her own mind/opinions does she? Goes to see The Northman and says she isn't sure how she feels about it but thinks she liked it and will "let us know" her opinion on it. Gives a few thoughts and opinions on it later on, and seems generally positive about it.
Reads a review in The NewYorker and essentially changes her entire view of it, substituting terms that the reviewer used for her own! o_O

This girl is so vulnerable to the opinions of others and to "woke culture" in general, it's alarming.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I unsubscribe to her when she said she agreed that JK Rowling was “problematic”. It would surprise me if she hadn’t read JK’s very measured essay, so it’s clearly a case of woke bandwagon-jumping.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I unsubscribe to her when she said she agreed that JK Rowling was “problematic”. It would surprise me if she hadn’t read JK’s very measured essay, so it’s clearly a case of woke bandwagon-jumping.
This girl has a masters, I think she's capable of reading through an essay and forming her own conclusions on it. It's not woke bandwagoning if she thinks that trans people deserve equal rights.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
This girl has a masters, I think she's capable of reading through an essay and forming her own conclusions on it. It's not woke bandwagoning if she thinks that trans people deserve equal rights.
I don't want to turn this into a JKR thread, but for those who haven't read her infamous essay, here's a quote:
"I believe the majority of trans-identified people not only pose zero threat to others, but are vulnerable for all the reasons I’ve outlined. Trans people need and deserve protection. Like women, they’re most likely to be killed by sexual partners. Trans women who work in the sex industry, particularly trans women of colour, are at particular risk. Like every other domestic abuse and sexual assault survivor I know, I feel nothing but empathy and solidarity with trans women who’ve been abused by men."

You can read the rest for yourself here: https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/...ns-for-speaking-out-on-sex-and-gender-issues/

• Haha
She really doesn't know her own mind/opinions does she? Goes to see The Northman and says she isn't sure how she feels about it but thinks she liked it and will "let us know" her opinion on it. Gives a few thoughts and opinions on it later on, and seems generally positive about it.
Reads a review in The NewYorker and essentially changes her entire view of it, substituting terms that the reviewer used for her own! o_O

This girl is so vulnerable to the opinions of others and to "woke culture" in general, it's alarming.
Haven't watched the video but that's so frustrating and sadly very unsurprising. Why is she so hesitant to just say what she feels about something without looking for outside validation or other opinions? I feel like she doesn't have a strong sense of self and is also afraid of her viewers disagreeing with her so goes along with what she sees as the "correct" interpretation of (or way to feel about) books and films.

Reactions: 11
I don't want to turn this into a JKR thread, but for those who haven't read her infamous essay, here's a quote:
"I believe the majority of trans-identified people not only pose zero threat to others, but are vulnerable for all the reasons I’ve outlined. Trans people need and deserve protection. Like women, they’re most likely to be killed by sexual partners. Trans women who work in the sex industry, particularly trans women of colour, are at particular risk. Like every other domestic abuse and sexual assault survivor I know, I feel nothing but empathy and solidarity with trans women who’ve been abused by men."

You can read the rest for yourself here: https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/...ns-for-speaking-out-on-sex-and-gender-issues/
I didn’t think the essay was particularly well written & I think JKR has said it was a rush job. I don’t get the whole “trans women are women”, why can’t trans women be trans women? The latter reflects the biological reality that trans women are not biological women whilst also respecting their gender.
JKR could have sat around spending her millions but she stood up for a cause she believed in & I admire her for that.

• Angry
I don't want to turn this into a JKR thread, but for those who haven't read her infamous essay, here's a quote
Whether or not you agree/disagree with JKR’s essay, it doesn’t change the fact that she’s said some extremely inflammatory and harmful things on twitter, where she has the largest platform and reach. Regardless of whatever nuance she’s acknowledged in a long-form essay that the majority of people won’t bother to read (and surely JKR is aware of that), it’s still a fact that she’s said things that’s encouraged certain groups to use to discredit and attack trans people. And from what I can tell she hasn’t distanced herself from those bigoted groups, she just keeps giving them fuel. For that reason it’s fair enough for Jess to say that she’s “problematic”. It’s silly to try and paint Jess as unreasonable for not wanting to support her.

Reactions: 13
Whether or not you agree/disagree with JKR’s essay, it doesn’t change the fact that she’s said some extremely inflammatory and harmful things on twitter, where she has the largest platform and reach. Regardless of whatever nuance she’s acknowledged in a long-form essay that the majority of people won’t bother to read (and surely JKR is aware of that), it’s still a fact that she’s said things that’s encouraged certain groups to use to discredit and attack trans people. And from what I can tell she hasn’t distanced herself from those bigoted groups, she just keeps giving them fuel. For that reason it’s fair enough for Jess to say that she’s “problematic”. It’s silly to try and paint Jess as unreasonable for not wanting to support her.
If you mean these type of tweets I have no issue with them and struggle to see why anyone would. Jess lives a wonderfully charmed life. She can sit around in her ivory tower. Meanwhile my daughter is at risk of turning around in a women’s changing room & seeing a penis while her very brother has to go into the men’s changing room because at 7 he is deemed to old for the women’s. Jess can take her daughter off to her private swimming lessons & villa pool.
i completely accept that trans women wouldn’t want to be in a male changing room. But the answer is not to go from a space where they feel uncomfortable to a space where others do.
And I am not a “person who menstruates”, I’m a woman who resents being reduced to my bodily functions because a small minority want to ignore biological reality.
As far as I can tell the well off are usually anti JK, they have little else to worry about.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Probably best to get back on topic, there's threads else where on tattle if people want to continue talking about this stuff :)

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.