Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Respect for different opinions but there is no way I’d give my daughter a lot of money if the risk is she’s end up spoilt, aimless & seemingly unhappy like Jess.

Reactions: 12
She did touch on the facet she thinks she’s got PMDD which I think seems silly she doesn’t want to go to the doctors!

Reactions: 2
It's true though. If her mother wasn't rich and funding their lifestyle, they would be looked down on and considered a burden to society. At the end of the day, Jess and Zack are both unemployed bums who have an oops baby.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I feel like if Jess did literally anything, we'd generally see it as a positive that her mom was eager to use her wealth to support her while she pursued a passion. It's the fact that Jess has used her family's privilege to refuse to do anything about her poor mental health and continues to tactlessly whine about how hard her life is that makes it seem like a poor decision on her mom's part to enable it. I wonder if she's ever spoken to her mom about her suspected mental health problems.

Reactions: 10
I guess but I’m gonna say if you can afford several luxury gifts for someone worth thousands for birthdays and Xmas, you probably need to get over it if someone googling the price of your gifts makes you uneasy.
But it’s not you putting it online to have it discussed publicly. So perhaps Jess just doesn’t want to make the people around her feel bad.

Do we know if her mother is pushing her to find something to do, the same way her father encouraged her to get a job?

I find it weird that one parent (who doesn't live with her) is aware that their daughter is lost while the other (who literally lives with her) isn't doing anything.

Last edited:
From my knowledge of rich people (I met quite a few at uni) who get rich through work like Jessie's mum (as opposed to inherited wealth), Helen probably feels a lot of residual guilt for spending so much time working when Jess was growing up. This leads to a certain amount of leniency and indulgence.

Reactions: 15
From my knowledge of rich people (I met quite a few at uni) who get rich through work like Jessie's mum (as opposed to inherited wealth), Helen probably feels a lot of residual guilt for spending so much time working when Jess was growing up. This leads to a certain amount of leniency and indulgence.
Could well be the case but partners in law firms spend most of the day putting the juniors under pressure to work, work, work so I don’t know how her mother goes home to her witness not only her daughter, but also her daughter’s boyfriend mooching around the house.

Reactions: 13
Could well be the case but partners in law firms spend most of the day putting the juniors under pressure to work, work, work so I don’t know how her mother goes home to her witness not only her daughter, but also her daughter’s boyfriend mooching around the house.
Tbh, as one of those juniors myself, I'm not sure all partners would want that same experience for the children 😆 I take your point though - it must be weird that she literally does NOTHING. Her mum is a partner at Lathams and was at FBD before that so her hours will have been (and probably still are) fairly wild. I do think there is probably the guilt factor to contend with.

Reactions: 3
Do we know if her mother is pushing her to find something to do, the same way her father encouraged her to get a job?

I find it weird that one parent (who doesn't live with her) is aware that their daughter is lost while the other (who literally lives with her) isn't doing anything.
I think it's also *possible* (though of course we can't know what goes on behind closed doors) that because her mom is closer to her, she sees her struggling with daily life and doesn't think a regular job would benefit her, but doesn't really know how to help besides to offer a place to live. Meanwhile maybe her dad is just kind of cold/harsh in being like "oh you just need a regular job to toughen you up a bit and give you some focus!" when that wouldn't solve an underlying mood disorder like PMDD.

ETA: but of course that really doesn't explain Jess herself hinting that she's aware she has a mood disorder and then doing nothing about it. I can excuse her mom not making her go to therapy because I think people from our parents' generation don't realize how useful it can be, or think you have to be "crazy" to see a psychiatrist, but she'd probably benefit from medication or something if she really has PMDD. You can't just think happy thoughts and cure yourself.

Last edited:
I’ve been reading this thread for a few months and I’m like at breaking point after that vlog lmao I have to comment. I’m so tempted to comment on her video but like will she even see it???

It feels so condescending for her to talk about focusing on the current community, rather than trying to build, when what she means is she’s figured out a way to better monetise her current following, rather than putting effort into growing her channel. I just don’t understand how a Patreon will work when shes resignEd to the fact that she cannot be held to scheduled uploads, and will take several months off when needed? It does just get a bit tiresome to hear her complain every vlog about how busy she’s been/ how much pressure she’s under to provide for her family now she has the baby and the house etc! Like she was literally just on her 100th holiday of the past 12 months, she’s never done buying extortionate clothing like her consumption is genuinely insane, yes she’s just had a baby but from what she’s said in previous vlogs, she has childcare and Zach works for her full-time? And on top of all that, it’s getting a bit uncomfy seeing her read all those books about social justice issues, and poverty etc and she’s just like…. Dotting about from home to second home to luxury holiday literally adding nothing to society lol. ugh. She is the least self aware person I’ve seen on YouTube in a while tbh.
and the hypocrisy…of saying she’s living a moment of growth, talking about how she wants to live a simpler life (in her new humble property I guess) but still working with farfetch (because she still likes having a mountain of clothes that all look the same) and charging a monthly payment for her inconstant bs like wth

and the hypocrisy…of saying she’s living a moment of growth, talking about how she wants to live a simpler life (in her new humble property I guess) but still working with farfetch (because she still likes having a mountain of clothes that all look the same) and charging a monthly payment for her inconstant bs like wth
How is the new property humble? She has shown it on her channel multiple times and it looks to be a massive villa. It has multiple stories with 4-5 bedrooms with separate bathrooms. Also she is building a huge wardrobe room and a library. Nothing about her is humble tbh.

Reactions: 5
How is the new property humble? She has shown it on her channel multiple times and it looks to be a massive villa. It has multiple stories with 4-5 bedrooms with separate bathrooms. Also she is building a huge wardrobe room and a library. Nothing about her is humble tbh.
I think it was sarcasm

• Haha
I was being sarcastic 😂

Reactions: 4
jfc Jess, it's not a "vlog" when you show literally a 2-second clip of walking into a gym and then nothing but long stretches of you sitting at home blabbering to the camera.

Reactions: 14
Have to say I enjoyed Jess’ book haul, there were some ones in there which caught my eye. I felt she was a little bit more ‘herself’ in this ‘blog’ (more a check in to say keep hanging around for my patreon), I always feed off the positive vibe people project when they’re feeling motivated for change though. I hope this will be the start of her feeling more herself and happier with her content again as it’s clear she hasn’t been for quite the while now.

Perhaps now with the Times column and want to broaden her horizons in the literature game Jess will be rebranding to her name and away from SBJ. I seem to remember her saying that she wasn’t particularly fond of it.

I also hope she does stick to the idea of a ‘home series’ - this content is SO popular on YouTubeI haven’t really understood why she hasn’t capitalised off it. Maybe the house is starting to get to the cosmetic planning side now rather than structural and so will be more entertaining.

Reactions: 1
I'm sure there's been very little progress on the house because she likes to procrastinate, and obviously having a baby doesn't help. Amelia Liana bought a house and has already renovated a lot of it, and it hasn't taken 3 years :ROFLMAO: I'm pretty sure you can build a house from scratch in 3 years so Jess is just plain lazy.

Reactions: 10
I know I've complained about this before, but she's so annoying with her always talking about how "strong" she is when she goes to the gym and how "weak" she is when she stops for any length of time. I'm sure there's a bit of difference, but it's clearly mostly a mental difference in how she feels about herself.

Reactions: 9
I know I've complained about this before, but she's so annoying with her always talking about how "strong" she is when she goes to the gym and how "weak" she is when she stops for any length of time. I'm sure there's a bit of difference, but it's clearly mostly a mental difference in how she feels about herself.
she probably wants to be pitied

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.