Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wondering how Jess caught covid when she never leaves her bed/couch? Zak must have brought it back from one of his many errands she makes him run
Hahaha yeah! She must’ve caught it from someone in the coffee shop she makes him go to every day despite having a very expensive coffee machine at home. Either that or the girl who does her nails OR her hardworking mum. I feel like they’re the only people she comes into contact with.

Reactions: 5
Wondering how Jess caught covid when she never leaves her bed/couch? Zak must have brought it back from one of his many errands she makes him run
Or off her mum or indie? Indie is still at school and right now cases in schools are getting back to the worst they’ve been

Reactions: 4
She’s trying to “squeeze some rest in”? What does she think she’s doing the rest of the time?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
How long is her "proper series" about renovation going to last? 1 video? 2 or 3 if we're lucky?

• Haha
She’s done a piece in the times about the best sci fi and fantasy’s books so far of the year. Behind a paywall so can’t read it but it mainly reads like it’s been written by someone else about her no that she’s written anything. Unless she’s decided to start writing about herself in the third person
D0C3E1CA-07B1-484C-9B29-FBCC29CCA7A0.png

Reactions: 1
She’s done a piece in the times about the best sci fi and fantasy’s books so far of the year. Behind a paywall so can’t read it but it mainly reads like it’s been written by someone else about her no that she’s written anything. Unless she’s decided to start writing about herself in the third personView attachment 1138201
wow, that’s a pretty big deal - looks like she’ll be doing it every quarter.

I don’t sub to the times so can’t read it either but it looks like that’s just the writers introduction and then it goes into the books which Jessie reviews

She’s done a piece in the times about the best sci fi and fantasy’s books so far of the year. Behind a paywall so can’t read it but it mainly reads like it’s been written by someone else about her no that she’s written anything. Unless she’s decided to start writing about herself in the third personView attachment 1138201
This has *got* to be the result of nepotism.

Reactions: 36
It doesn’t read like she’s talking about herself in the third person, but more that that’s The Times’ introduction to her, followed by her describing her picks? That’s quite normal, I think? Will see if I can access it at work tomorrow.

This sounds so self pitying but gosh this is tough to see after a hard weekend and a struggle over salary and stability in a career that I actually put in the hours and effort for. I know someone else's success doesn't mean my failure, and I have no problem cheering other people on and being happy for their successes, but this is so insane to me that she's been given a regular spot in a huge newspaper with her attitude and work ethic the past few years.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Yes, and it’s not as if Jess’ name will draw in that many new readers.

A literary agent will have got her that. She’ll be writing a book. I’ve suspected it for ages.

bleeping gutting for writers (like me) who have been plugging away for years without getting noticed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Whether she has an agent or not, one of her parents definitely wangled that gig for her. (And by that I mean put her in touch with the right connection). How often do big papers just pluck random writers out from thin air and give them a quarterly? They don’t.

Separately, do we know of Jessie being a writer? Have we ever seen a sample of her writing? I don’t mean a book review really but any other writing? Is she a writer?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
imo the article’s introduction to Jess is pretty half-assed, considering that it didn’t mention her academic background in contemporary literature. I don’t know how introducing her as just a Youtuber will compel people who don’t know who she is to care about her opinion.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Whether she has an agent or not, one of her parents definitely wangled that gig for her. (And by that I mean put her in touch with the right connection). How often do big papers just pluck random writers out from thin air and give them a quarterly? They don’t.

Separately, do we know of Jessie being a writer? Have we ever seen a sample of her writing? I don’t mean a book review really but any other writing? Is she a writer?
Every bookworm I know fancies themself as a writer too!

Every bookworm I know fancies themself as a writer too!
I read A Lot last year and don’t count myself as one! I don’t know anyone who reads a lot who is a book worm and would consider themselves a writer (dunno if that’s an anomaly or not)

I don't know about every bookworm, but it does seem like a lot of "booktube" and "bookstagram" people have written and self published a novel that automatically does ok just because their big following guarantees them at least a modest audience to buy their books. And Jess would have a far bigger audience than most that would be eager to support her books, if she ever wrote some.

It doesn’t read like she’s talking about herself in the third person, but more that that’s The Times’ introduction to her, followed by her describing her picks? That’s quite normal, I think? Will see if I can access it at work tomorrow.
i am aware she has not actually written it herself “unless she’s started talking about herself in the third person” which it’s pretty certain she hasn’t. besides potentially giving them some selling points she wants mentioned which if she did she’s missed the most interesting and relevant parts of her life I.e. her education. It’s just the only part you can read and it’s clearly not even a part written by her. The times normally has a tiny half paragraph of the actual content to pull you in before the pay wall

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.