Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is hypocritical to advertise products that are not in line with your values for money.

Especially when in the video, which contains the vegan product, she ate meat and dairy. It doesn't even require a lot of thought. It is pure common sense. Not only that but she owns tons of leather items.

How can she accept money for vegan products when she wears non-vegan products all the time and isn't even trying to be vegan?

I do not mind about her countless Farfetch ads because she buys luxury products but this one is hilarious. The person who called Jess and Zak "bums" in her comment section is quite right. They'd do anything for a quick buck.
It’s great that you don’t but many do. I eat meat but don’t but I am cruelty free when it’s comes to makeup. Just because I don’t believe makeup should be needlessly tested on animals, doesn’t mean I have to be a vegan and I eat free range, British and organic because that’s something I can do to ensure the animals don’t suffer unnecessary cruelty.
You can’t police other people’s lifestyles even if you want to and sorry but your beliefs are in the minority.

Reactions: 14
It’s great that you don’t but many do. I eat meat but don’t but I am cruelty free when it’s comes to makeup. Just because I don’t believe makeup should be needlessly tested on animals, doesn’t mean I have to be a vegan and I eat free range, British and organic because that’s something I can do to ensure the animals don’t suffer unnecessary cruelty.
You can’t police other people’s lifestyles even if you want to and sorry but your beliefs are in the minority.
The problem is that veganism has become a trend when it should be a lifestyle to benefit the earth and future generations. It’s truly an ethical decision.

Obviously everyone can choose not to be vegan but if one really wants to follow that lifestyle and be serious about it, one should be completely vegan. It makes no sense to go only partially vegan as a consequence of being influenced by a person/celebrity/media.

Sponsoring vegan products to make money out of it and then having a non-vegan lifestyle, that’s what’s hypocritical because it means one doesn’t truly believe in it.

That’s my opinion but I can understand that there are people who believe they still do a good thing even if they go partially vegan.

Reactions: 4
The problem with Jess is she's always so soulless with her shilling and spineless with her morals. She could have just said "They're vegan and cruelty-free, so if that's something you look for in your makeup these will be right up your alley!" She always has to pretend she's doing the absolute most she can, and anything else would be logistically or financially infeasible for her. Essentially her "I can't be vegan because I'm too poor" nonsense, repeated over and over in different contexts. At some point she should just say "this isn't what I choose to do." Because she has practically infinite money to put toward ethical and/or sustainable choices and over and over she chooses not to. I don't know how she gets on camera and claims with a straight face that she ever does anything sustainable or environmentally responsible.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What is hypocritical is accepting money to promote products which are not in line with her values at all.

None of you are accepting money to promote a lifestyle that you do not believe in to thousands of people, are you?

Doing your best to promote sustainability is one thing. Jess doesn't care about sustainability one bit. Especially when she:
- has more clothes than a department store
- fly as often as a prime minister
- is constantly driving in London
- is consuming countless coffee from disposable cups

I could go on and on about her lack of care for sustainability. So, I don't know why she even thought that this partnership wouldn't create criticism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I agree that she should not pretend to be sustainable as she clearly lives a life of excess, but I do think it is completely reasonable for her to advertise vegan products because you don't have to have to be actually vegan to prefer vegan makeup. The fact that vegan makeup is a green washing trend that influencers are making money out of is a whole other issue.

Reactions: 15
She also legit would just advertise the products in how the company wanted them too, she doesn’t go out of her way to sell products

Reactions: 1
I agree that she should not pretend to be sustainable as she clearly lives a life of excess, but I do think it is completely reasonable for her to advertise vegan products because you don't have to have to be actually vegan to prefer vegan makeup. The fact that vegan makeup is a green washing trend that influencers are making money out of is a whole other issue.
I wouldn't say it's by default a greenwashing trend. It's important for many vegans to have products align with this, and importantly to have certifications that validate these credentials.

I also think people are confusing veganism with "sustainability" here. Veganism is an ethical stance, which can (but not always) be a more environmental beneficial choice. For many people, seeing veganism being used for a cheap buck by non-vegans, is tasteless. Yes every little helps, but it's still rejecting the values of being cruelty free if you only think some animals shouldn't be cruelly treated.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I will never go vegan. I’m not even willing to try. But I do try to buy things cruelty free. And I try to biological meat as well. To me, that all makes perfect sense, so I won’t judge Jess for that.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
So she did a skincare vlog because she got a sponsorship from some skincare brand... she is so bland. I can't even watch most of her content anymore.

Reactions: 10
Does it bother anyone else how out of breath and quiet she always sounds on videos? Stop whispering!!!

Reactions: 12
I skipped through most of the vlog because it was painfully boring. But she did seem a bit more energetic.

Reactions: 3
What's the Finally Finished in the title all about? When I saw it I thought it might be about the house but doesn't seem it if it's a skincare video? I don't think I can be bothered watching it 😂

• Haha
What's the Finally Finished in the title all about? When I saw it I thought it might be about the house but doesn't seem it if it's a skincare video? I don't think I can be bothered watching it 😂
That book she’s been reading for ages

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ah, a good old clickbait title. Haven’t seen those in a while.

i thought that she was talking about her house in the title & i was like there's no way lol. i do have to say, that i think she sounded a little louder in this one? i watched it yesterday, and honestly have basically already forgot what she talked about in it. something about a new job?

Reactions: 1
i thought that she was talking about her house in the title & i was like there's no way lol. i do have to say, that i think she sounded a little louder in this one? i watched it yesterday, and honestly have basically already forgot what she talked about in it. something about a new job?
Yes some vague "job" which means she's being sent speculative fiction. For her sake I hope it's actual employment but she also calls a sponsored photoshoot a "job" so who knows.

Reactions: 9
Her book content is beyond boring. It’s slow, redundant, uninteresting, and any quality points she makes are stolen from others’ GoodReads reviews. I’d never pay a dime to watch this garbage on patreon. If anything, she should pay people to have to sit through it.

Reactions: 17
I clicked on her most recent video because I was interested in her skincare routine because I feel like she has similar skin to me but I checked the description box and it was all just products from a skincare brand that is sponsoring her plus a few bare minerals products so I'm not interested, that's obviously not her real skincare routine. I don't understand why people in the comments enjoy watching her so much, she's not even good for product recommendations cause it's all sponsored.

Reactions: 12
Wondering how Jess caught covid when she never leaves her bed/couch? Zak must have brought it back from one of his many errands she makes him run

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.