Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s just never had to work? She never had a problem not sleeping at uni but now she’s back at home and has 0 to do she complains about it and surely if you were that worried about not sleeping you’d not have a baby? Or hire a night nanny (not like she doesn’t have the money)

Reactions: 5
Ah yes she should get a night nanny to pair with the day nanny..that would fit jess’ aesthetic of paying someone else to do every task she is capable of doing on her own

Reactions: 7
Definately looks like something is bothering her. She seems so much less focused and happy overall. I watched one of her older videos from more than 3 years back and she seemed so much more content and full of life. Seems money can't buy you happiness after all.

Ah yes she should get a night nanny to pair with the day nanny..that would fit jess’ aesthetic of paying someone else to do every task she is capable of doing on her own
I reckon she’ll ship Ines off to boarding school as soon as she can…with her mum paying of course!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She’s just never had to work? She never had a problem not sleeping at uni but now she’s back at home and has 0 to do she complains about it and surely if you were that worried about not sleeping you’d not have a baby? Or hire a night nanny (not like she doesn’t have the money)
I feel like I do remember her complaining about it at uni too (or at least during her Masters?) that she'd slept poorly and so wasn't going to do anything that day. But the constant "I'm tired, I'm tired, we had to have a ~lie-in~, I'm so tired" thing seems to be pretty directly proportional to how many responsibilities she has. Now that she has nothing to do but make sure to hand Ines off to Zak or the nanny, she's just tired ALL the time.

Reactions: 1
she is just soo lazy and privileged and unaware... so baffled by her, she is kind of like the opposite when everyone else usually progresses and changes when getting older but to me she kind of regresses into a teen the older she gets in terms of personality, lifestyle etc. I was suggested a video of her around the time she babysat her sister as her "gap year", she seemed so much more intelligent, reflective, introspective, active and wiser.... (she talked about politics in that video in a very adult, insightful and progressive way)..

to me she is definitely the disappointing Rory version in the Gilmore Girls reboot....

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think when you’re younger, it’s easier to impress with simple things. A 19 yo bringing up politics is perhaps more admirable than a 29 yo talking about it in the same way. I doubt Jess said anything super profound back then. I also think she’s been burnt a few times for her opinions and has decided she’s not going to mention anything even remotely controversial.

As for the chronic fatigue, I think if it were something medical, she would have had access to the right doctors and treatments if needed, whether that be from her fathers network or not. It’s probably either 1) a psychological issue, or 2) she just hasn’t adapted her life to her sleep needs.

My friend was extremely tired after the birth of her first for quite some time. She just had to stick to a pattern of literally going to bed at 8pm to be able to get through 8 hours at her job (office job). It has gotten better since (she has 3 kids now), but she still needs quite a lot of sleep and makes it a point to get that sleep. Of course she goes out at times as well, but she needs to build in time to recover.

Reactions: 8
The Rory analogy is quite good. As a viewer I expected her to move on from her uni life and start moving into her own apartment and share her adult life. However, all we had for the last few years is someone who is still living like a teenager.

I believe that one of the reasons why she is so defensive and refuse to interact with us on YouTube is due to the fact that she is not used to being held accountable. When you live with your friends then your mother, usually people are used to your behaviour and will simply ignore it. But strangers will quickly call you out.

Reactions: 16
Woah, this is a blast from the past! Just stumbled on this thread after not thinking about Jess for YEARS.

I was an avid watcher ~8 years ago, until I was completely blocked on every social media platform after private messaging her saying that I was a massive fan, but I found some of the things she said in her look books troubling - iirc she was filming an “edgy, urban outfit” costing thousands of pounds in front of a “grotty bit of london i never go to” (it was a block of council flats). Saw her getting called out for doing this years later too, but justifying how tone deaf it is by saying the architecture reminded her of the Barbican.

She’s still a privileged airhead, now with babby and staff!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Ok I know it's probably just personal taste but her nails always look so bad to me, for how she goes to a really insta-famous and undoubtedly expensive artist. Those rose nails she posted look like cheap stickers from Amazon, not skilled nail art. The flames always look so tacky, especially when she does them for Christmas or something, and again they're skillfully done but the overall effect is just as if it were cheap stickers she got online.

Woah, this is a blast from the past! Just stumbled on this thread after not thinking about Jess for YEARS.

I was an avid watcher ~8 years ago, until I was completely blocked on every social media platform after private messaging her saying that I was a massive fan, but I found some of the things she said in her look books troubling - iirc she was filming an “edgy, urban outfit” costing thousands of pounds in front of a “grotty bit of london i never go to” (it was a block of council flats). Saw her getting called out for doing this years later too, but justifying how tone deaf it is by saying the architecture reminded her of the Barbican.

She’s still a privileged airhead, now with babby and staff!
Oh yes, I remember this photo causing a lot of discussion. At the time, I thought she handled it well. Remember her responding to people that she was happy to discuss in a DM. Realising now that she may never have actually done that.

Reactions: 3
Ok I know it's probably just personal taste but her nails always look so bad to me, for how she goes to a really insta-famous and undoubtedly expensive artist. Those rose nails she posted look like cheap stickers from Amazon, not skilled nail art. The flames always look so tacky, especially when she does them for Christmas or something, and again they're skillfully done but the overall effect is just as if it were cheap stickers she got online.
If I remember correctly she started going because it was gifted! So I think alot of them have been gifted to her

I agree, they usually don't look great. There are some people who seem to keep in with all the influencers in London by offering them reduced/free services, including the salon who does all the blonde hair for Olivia Neill, Kate Elisabeth, etc. All of their hair looks abysmal and ready to snap but they keep going because it's free.

I remember thinking 'wtf' when she got the flames hahaha. They were SO weird and random, I definitely think they were free and the artist picked the design because she needed practice or a portfolio pic.

Reactions: 2
I agree, they usually don't look great. There are some people who seem to keep in with all the influencers in London by offering them reduced/free services, including the salon who does all the blonde hair for Olivia Neill, Kate Elisabeth, etc. All of their hair looks abysmal and ready to snap but they keep going because it's free.

I remember thinking 'wtf' when she got the flames hahaha. They were SO weird and random, I definitely think they were free and the artist picked the design because she needed practice or a portfolio pic.
Screenshot_20220205-063055.png

Screenshot_20220205-063156.png

I think Jess just has boring, simplistic taste in nails haha. Compare her nails with this other post from the same artist that has a similar style of flowers but looks so much better.

I think the flames are also a bit of a "signature look" from Priya, which may be why Jess gets them so much. They always look like they've got nice smooth lines and crisp points but like....it doesn't matter if you make them red, those are NOT Christmas nails lol.

If I remember correctly she started going because it was gifted! So I think alot of them have been gifted to her
Oh I must have missed that but that would make sense. I still like almost everything else I see from that artist though (and she has over 100k on Insta so she's probably not desperate for exposure anymore), so I think Jess just consistently picks really bad designs for herself.

Last edited:
also what is with the odd skin tone? Looks like foundation and bronzer and some kind of gold/gilt.. definitely made up.. looks ghastly , distracts from the nails and just looks like Jess has dirty hands and grimy knuckles.. not a good selling point for Priya...

also what is with the odd skin tone? Looks like foundation and bronzer and some kind of gold/gilt.. definitely made up.. looks ghastly , distracts from the nails and just looks like Jess has dirty hands and grimy knuckles.. not a good selling point for Priya...
She has a straw yellow skin tone and maybe that’s a cold light lamp

her thumbnails always manage to fool me, because she makes collages, it makes it seem as if her videos have at least four different clips, but in reality it's just two clips of her talking about whatever. i wish she would pull herself together one of these days, i really used to like her & her content... such a shame.

also, i don't understand what's taking them so long with the house? i've literally made more progress on my new place that i've only owned for a couple of weeks... instead of planning her bookshelves & walk-in closet, she should plan more practical spaces first. whatever.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.