Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mind Jess, I think when she had other things to do her YouTube came across much better and it wasn’t AD after AD, I am personally very excited to see her home renovation because they were making some big changes. I also can’t wait to see whether this once a week content will continue when the baby is a bit older, I’d still like a proper book video each month

Reactions: 5
She just mentioned her "next pregnancy" in the new pregnancy Q & A, I wonder if she's planning on having two really close together and then "getting on with her life" and pursuing further education or whatever. Her nannies will have the whole house to handle!

Reactions: 11
She just mentioned her "next pregnancy" in the new pregnancy Q & A, I wonder if she's planning on having two really close together and then "getting on with her life" and pursuing further education or whatever. Her nannies will have the whole house to handle!
I would imagine so, get the two baby stages out the way before 30 and then get on with life

Reactions: 4
What are the odds that she’s given birth already and someone like Indie has the task of posting her pre-recorded content right now 🤔

Reactions: 1
What are the odds that she’s given birth already and someone like Indie has the task of posting her pre-recorded content right now 🤔
Nah I think Zak would still be in charge of that because that’s always been his job. I don’t think she’s given birth just yet my bet for the 22nd is still on 😂

Reactions: 3
Is today’s a rare ad free video or just another where she hasn’t declared it properly?

Reactions: 2
I don’t mind Jess, I think when she had other things to do her YouTube came across much better and it wasn’t AD after AD, I am personally very excited to see her home renovation because they were making some big changes. I also can’t wait to see whether this once a week content will continue when the baby is a bit older, I’d still like a proper book video each month
definitely agree! i really will miss the book content it’s been keeping me going through lockdown & she has good taste , but I really doubt there’s gunna be any good book content for a while now unless she’s already filmed a feb books

I think the clearest indication that she doesn't need the money is the fact that she is having a baby fairly young and with no "real" job apart from Youtube to support her. I'm two years younger and I can't imagine being able to afford a child at 26. I know people personally who have had children at that age and are on a very basic income, but they are struggling and definitely not thinking of having another any time soon, if ever.

She's living pretty lavishly, but the only thing I am genuinely jealous of regarding her lifestyle is that she can be a young mom.

Reactions: 10
I'd assume she would have just scheduled to go live every week. I gotta give her some credit – pre-filming and editing and scheduling is a lot of work and very tedious, especially considering how happy she is to go without an upload for months on end...

I don't find it particularly weird or money grabbing that most of Jess's videos have ADs in them, like most youtubers have a sponsor for every video that they put out

I don't find it particularly weird or money grabbing that most of Jess's videos have ADs in them, like most youtubers have a sponsor for every video that they put out
It would be less jarring if she had a more consistent upload schedule. Her videos tend to follow the pattern of "book wrap up" to "vlog with an ad segment" again and again, to the point where it starts to feel like all her videos are ads and it can be exasperating for people.

Reactions: 7
Now I got a theory about that. Might be a bit wild, but could it be that nowadays she doesn't get that much stuff from her mum? She could be trying to sustain herself on her own. But it is hard to imagine she didn't have help from mum to buy that enormous house.
She stopped doing them because she would get a lot of bitter comments from people who were clearly envious, and I think she is quite sensitive to what others think of/say to her.
It's too bad because I think that was probably a vocal minority, and most of her viewers liked seeing her gifts.

Reactions: 6
She stopped doing them because she would get a lot of bitter comments from people who were clearly envious, and I think she is quite sensitive to what others think of/say to her.
It's too bad because I think that was probably a vocal minority, and most of her viewers liked seeing her gifts.
Yeah she said on that podcast she was on that she thought people thought she was spoilt.

Personally, I like seeing these items I would never be able to afford, just as a look into that luxe world

Reactions: 2
I'd far rather watch someone flaunt the stuff they've been given from family members than see an influencer rub luxury tit in my face that I've essentially paid for through watching their endless ads and hidden affiliate links.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
She stopped because when people started to add up how much money had been dropped on her and only her for random birthdays or holidays, it was flabbergasting. Some people ‘like’ watching that, fine, but others found it harder to stomach or would even simply point out how much money was on display in one video. Jess didn’t get like, one big luxury item for Christmas or something, (which would already be pretty wild for a teenager), she’d get a pile, and she’d get a pile every single time. God knows where all that money went anyway since Jess hardly uses any of that stuff anymore. People are allowed to comment on this display of OTT wealth if they want to, just as people can comment about items they like. Videos like that don’t exist in a vacuum. And Jess actually said at the time that she agreed with the criticism and herself wanted to stop posting them. In reality she probably did so because most YTers do want to obscure just how rich they are, for their own benefit and ability to sell an image,

I have no idea why years and years later people are still so butthurt that Jess stopped her extravagant birthday hauls. Why? Most birthday hauls went out of fashion on YT anyway and honestly it’s a weird look for adult women. And yet people stay complaining that they can’t watch a spoiled girl open 20 designer items in a row. Like, watch old videos if you love it so much. At the very least you could must an iota of energy for a social conscious instead of just getting off to images of the rich for some weird reason,

Also she is absolutely spoiled. She’s like... the definition of spoiled lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She stopped because when people started to add up how much money had been dropped on her and only her for random birthdays or holidays, it was flabbergasting. Some people ‘like’ watching that, fine, but others found it harder to stomach or would even simply point out how much money was on display in one video. Jess didn’t get like, one big luxury item for Christmas or something, (which would already be pretty wild for a teenager), she’d get a pile, and she’d get a pile every single time. God knows where all that money went anyway since Jess hardly uses any of that stuff anymore. People are allowed to comment on this display of OTT wealth if they want to, just as people can comment about items they like. Videos like that don’t exist in a vacuum. And Jess actually said at the time that she agreed with the criticism and herself wanted to stop posting them. In reality she probably did so because most YTers do want to obscure just how rich they are, for their own benefit and ability to sell an image,

I have no idea why years and years later people are still so butthurt that Jess stopped her extravagant birthday hauls. Why? Most birthday hauls went out of fashion on YT anyway and honestly it’s a weird look for adult women. And yet people stay complaining that they can’t watch a spoiled girl open 20 designer items in a row. Like, watch old videos if you love it so much. At the very least you could must an iota of energy for a social conscious instead of just getting off to images of the rich for some weird reason,

Also she is absolutely spoiled. She’s like... the definition of spoiled lol.
Yeah I didn't really like them. Clearly her parents are smart and work hard and they can do whatever they want with their money but seeing that many gifts is just a bit meh to me.

But each to their own on what content is enjoyable. My problem isn't really with just them specifically, more with the massive wealth inequality in this country, so the videos just weren't for me. The amount she got is pretty wild and unnecessary, especially factoring in her sister would have just as much, and just shows they have way more money than they will ever need.

Completely agree with @getawaywithit. I actually think Jess was right to stop the 'What I Got' videos. If there's one thing I respect her for it's probably acknowledging that these videos were inappropriate and actually admitting that she agreed with people's criticism. I think, though, she could've perhaps just shifted to a different format. For example, instead of doing What I Got For My Birthday (where she literally shows gift after gift after gift in one go which is obviously very ostentatious), she could have instead kept showing some of her designer items but only in lookbooks. She used to do a lot of 'What I Wore This Week' type of videos with clothes from all over. But for the past few years her lookbooks have been almost exclusively sponsored videos where she only shows clothes she got for free from one particular brand/website, and she doesn't really pair them with her "real" clothes anymore (clothes she bought or that her mom bought her). Actually, she hasn't even done lookbooks in forever.

I think the 'What I Got' format was problematic, but she probably could've kept showing her fashion in a more subtle way. As someone who subscribed to her 9/10 years ago mainly for her fashion--well, and her vlogs too-- (as opposed to the book content she seems to have focused on for the past few years), I find that disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.