Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to stay as a book channel šŸ˜‚ I need more book hauls etc, Iā€™d love to see what she has on her kindle thatā€™s unread, the music choices of videos is always what I like

Reactions: 1
Completely agree with @getawaywithit. I actually think Jess was right to stop the 'What I Got' videos. If there's one thing I respect her for it's probably acknowledging that these videos were inappropriate and actually admitting that she agreed with people's criticism. I think, though, she could've perhaps just shifted to a different format. For example, instead of doing What I Got For My Birthday (where she literally shows gift after gift after gift in one go which is obviously very ostentatious), she could have instead kept showing some of her designer items but only in lookbooks. She used to do a lot of 'What I Wore This Week' type of videos with clothes from all over. But for the past few years her lookbooks have been almost exclusively sponsored videos where she only shows clothes she got for free from one particular brand/website, and she doesn't really pair them with her "real" clothes anymore (clothes she bought or that her mom bought her). Actually, she hasn't even done lookbooks in forever. I think the 'What I Got' format was problematic, but she probably could've kept showing her fashion in a more subtle way. As someone who subscribed to her 9/10 years ago mainly for her fashion (as opposed to the book content she seems to have focused on for the past few years), I find that disappointing.
The fact she can buy loads of expensive clothes/get bought them from her mum, and also gets so many gifted items is just so crazy to me. I can't even imagine living her life. :ROFLMAO:

I would love to see her do something public for a charity. I'm not a fan of Megan Ellaby but she auctioned off a lot of items at an event in her bf's bar after the Manchester bombings. Has Jess ever done anything similar? Maybe she just donates stuff to charity shops.

Reactions: 3
I agree, I don't get the weird fascination with watching someone display their wealth so blatantly, especially when it's inherited and not even worked for. I'm glad those videos went out of fashion because they were often tone deaf and just exhibitions of commodity fetishism despite the million disclaimers about "how grateful" and "lucky" they are.

Personally, I'm glad she has shifted to book content, because I like her reading taste and I find her reviews and opinions very informed and eloquent. I wasn't a fan of the look-books, mostly because I don't care for fashion content generally, but also because the pieces she would show were all incredibly expensive and unrelatable, or pieces sent from a sponsor. At least the book content allows her to show off her intellect, more so than her money, and it makes her more relatable and approachable to more viewers.

Reactions: 10
I liked seeing those videos purely because she didnā€™t get the same designer stuff that every influencer does, Iā€™ve never seen her with anything Louis Vuitton for example. So it was a nice way of seeing cooler pieces. But sheā€™s not really a showy person so she probably felt uncomfortable with it anyway

Reactions: 10
She really said she finds it.....tiresome snacking..
she finds it.....exhausting to keep feeding herself.

Sheā€™s probably the only person in the world who thinks chewing is an ordeal and not worth the effort needed.
So so lazy.

she also sounds like she hates her own daughters name and she hopes she will grow to love it, WHAT THE duck šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She really said she finds it.....tiresome snacking..
she finds it.....exhausting to keep feeding herself.

Sheā€™s probably the only person in the world who thinks chewing is an ordeal and not worth the effort needed.
So so lazy.

she also sounds like she hates her own daughters name and she hopes she will grow to love it, WHAT THE duck šŸ˜‚
I think in due course weā€™ll find out what it is, could be that sheā€™s on the edge now because she just canā€™t match it up with the baby sheā€™s grown

I think in due course weā€™ll find out what it is, could be that sheā€™s on the edge now because she just canā€™t match it up with the baby sheā€™s grown
its the most bizarre thing for a mother to say, I donā€™t think she will be a natural mother as it is but she seems so disconnected from this baby.

its the most bizarre thing for a mother to say, I donā€™t think she will be a natural mother as it is but she seems so disconnected from this baby.
Ah see I disagree I think sheā€™s being quite guarded about what she says because she made a comment which makes me think she isnā€™t going to share much if anything about motherhood which is why I think itā€™s coming across as cold

Reactions: 5
Ah see I disagree I think sheā€™s being quite guarded about what she says because she made a comment which makes me think she isnā€™t going to share much if anything about motherhood which is why I think itā€™s coming across as cold
oh sheā€™s said for a while sheā€™s going to be very guarded around what she shares and if she shares the baby online,
probably because she doesnā€™t want to vlog the nanny, her mother and sister doing the leg work and the fact sheā€™s probably going to have the ability to keep her current life as it is, reading, doing nothing, doing nothing.... when most new mothers donā€™t.

Reactions: 5
I thought the name thing was quite strange too. I can understand having a couple of names and then picking one once you see the baby, but it sounded like she already picked hers and really dislikes it lol??

I thought the name thing was fair enough tbh. She's just being honest, right? I've had a fair few friends who've had babies who had no frickin clue which name to go with and didn't love any but had to, obviously, pick one hahah! As she says, once the kid has the name, she's going to start to love it because it's her kid.

Reactions: 6
I actually think sheā€™ll be a good mum I think she seems like she has a lot of love for her family and friends and she took care of indie well when she was nannying or whatever like she puts a lot of love into their relationship etc , plus I have a feeling jess had a sort of lonely childhood or home life with her mum working a lot so I imagine the self employed stuff will be good for her cos she will want to spend a lot of time with the baby , she will definitely be guarded for protection and against judgement but I canā€™t see her being a cold mum at all

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I wonder if she has already given birth and the last few videos were pre-recorded

I wonder if she has already given birth and the last few videos were pre-recorded
I think they're pre-recorded. Today's video I think she's shooting for an Instagram post she posted 9th march. The images would have been approved by Vashi too for her sponsored post so I think today's video is from the start of March?

Iā€™ve always wondered that too, theyā€™re so random lol. Like a generator just chose a random screenshot and she kept it

• Haha
It would be less jarring if she had a more consistent upload schedule. Her videos tend to follow the pattern of "book wrap up" to "vlog with an ad segment" again and again, to the point where it starts to feel like all her videos are ads and it can be exasperating for people.
Yeah, she's done this pattern for years now. And it feels like her channel is devoid of any creativity with no new content to make really. I was surprised by her willingness to do a Q&A on pregnanncy.

A little late into the conversation, but I think she also stopped sharing what she got, because it also affects the people who have her the gifts. People are indirectly her mom and dad and stepdad and whoever is around her giving these things as well. I think she was also protecting them. Plus, she simply got older and that format of show & tell is a little childish.

A little late into the conversation, but I think she also stopped sharing what she got, because it also affects the people who have her the gifts. People are indirectly her mom and dad and stepdad and whoever is around her giving these things as well. I think she was also protecting them. Plus, she simply got older and that format of show & tell is a little childish.
Wow. I should really start proofreading here. What a mess. Anyway, you get the gist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.