Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think influencers have NO stresses or concerns in their lives, but I think Jess really is utterly out of touch with reality and like people have mentioned earlier in this thread, she really sees reading books as a demanding full-time job. There's nothing in her life that she actually needs "maternity leave" from. She could decide at any time to take as much time off as she wanted. Such a hectic life of Bare Minerals, designer clothes, and reading lol.

She also had a line where she winced, saying they were going to have to transfer all their stuff back to London at some point. Oh man, if only there were some way they could have just...idk....stayed there the whole time?

Alright I guess I'm just live-updating my thoughts on her vlog haha. I'm sort of dreading her reading The Way of Kings. It's part of a series that (without giving spoilers) involves a lot of "social justice" issues and I think she'll believe she was the sole reader intelligent enough to pick up on all those things and educate her viewers about them. I usually skip through her book videos anyway, but she better not do a disservice to my favorite series with her shallow "analysis."

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Why's she talking about "Maybe I can have a bit of maternity leave" when she answers to nobody but sponsors who she can choose to accept or turn down. And with her regular sponsors like Bare Minerals, surely they'd understand "I'll be having a baby in March, so I'd like to take March through May off from sponsored content with set posting dates." It's not like she needs the money.
It's her aside that the maternity would be unpaid. Yes, that is the downside of reading for a living and having a backlog of pre-filmed sponsored instas!

Reactions: 2
Her maternity wouldn’t be unpaid. In the UK self employed people still get the standard maternity pay of £151.20 a week for 39 weeks. The only difference for employed people is they get 90% of their pay for the first six weeks followed by the £151.20 a week for the remaining 33 weeks. So I was sort of struggling to understand what her point was - it must have been relating to no one can cover her ‘work’.

Reactions: 1
Her maternity wouldn’t be unpaid. In the UK self employed people still get the standard maternity pay of £151.20 a week for 39 weeks. The only difference for employed people is they get 90% of their pay for the first six weeks followed by the £151.20 a week for the remaining 33 weeks. So I was sort of struggling to understand what her point was - it must have been relating to no one can cover her ‘work’.
It’s also a significant drop in her rate of pay, she’ll be raking it in

Yeah of course - but then that’s the same for anyone who choses to have a baby and take maternity leave. Being self employed doesn’t really come into it as a factor apart from in those first 6 weeks. I thought it was a bit of a strange comment to make coming from such immense privilege as well - she can still earn considerable money while having a young baby too. Not everyone is that lucky.

Yeah, I get that she might lose a bit of money but my point was just that she doesn't actually NEED it. She makes comments about baby expenses piling up and the house needing work. Well ma'am, you had over a year to sort that out and didn't really kick your content production into overdrive until it finally hit you in your 7th month of pregnancy that you might need funds? I don't even believe that she's desperate for money, but even if she were it would be her own fault for not utilizing the income-generating potential of her social media accounts.

Reactions: 15
I wasn’t sure if she said that in terms of Zak now works for her, so the maternity leave essentially affects them both in terms of income? Bizarre comment to make considering her familial wealth but then her house must be a huge drain on their finances 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I also wish that influencers in general realized how much lower our standards are for them than theirs are for themselves, in terms of media content. She seems to spend weeks truly AGONIZING over a single photoshoot, when actually we'd probably enjoy seeing more frequent outfit photos that were less overthought on her part, and just a documentation of what she was wearing - both during pregnancy and just in general.

I assumed she saw it as "their finances" and it's not that Zak is particularly worried about unemployment when his wealthy girlfriend's family will always make sure he's taken care of.

Reactions: 14
I also wish that influencers in general realized how much lower our standards are for them than theirs are for themselves, in terms of media content. She seems to spend weeks truly AGONIZING over a single photoshoot, when actually we'd probably enjoy seeing more frequent outfit photos that were less overthought on her part, and just a documentation of what she was wearing - both during pregnancy and just in general.

I assumed she saw it as "their finances" and it's not that Zak is particularly worried about unemployment when his wealthy girlfriend's family will always make sure he's taken care of.
Yeah I would rather see outfit pictures from her bedroom than once in a blue moon when it’s just a sponsored post

Reactions: 6

And then the stuff she puts out doesn't even look nice or special

Reactions: 3
She posted on insta that she’s winding down. When exactly was she not wound down? How can she wind down any further?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
‘I’ve already been winding down on here which you may or may not have noticed’... girl! I noticed nothing of the sort. If anything she’s been more consistent than usual. I love watching Jess but she is so out of touch and always has an excuse, whether it’s Monday morning, dark evenings or just not having the mental bandwidth to think :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 16
Do you think she’ll announce when the baby is born
I was wondering this too , I feel like they’ll maybe wait until they get nice photos and get a proper announcement ready? Unless she just is keen to share it and show that she’s okay and everything to keep up appearances

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.