Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m nowhere near having a child but I clicked on her new blogpost out of pure boredom at work and actually enjoyed it

Reactions: 2
I’m nowhere near having a child but I clicked on her new blogpost out of pure boredom at work and actually enjoyed it
Me too!

The pictures of her holding a sleeping Ines are beautiful. I may have shed a tear, as the mother of a baby girl myself 😭

Reactions: 6
"Living at home and having extra pairs of hands - or warm cosy chests for baby to lie on - was invaluable "

I'm giggling at this sentence because yes, Jess, most people live "at home" it's just that for most, "at home" isn't their mom's luxurious mansion.

I'm also very confused about why you need to live with your whole immediate family in order to have an extra set of sheets???

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Might be a bit quieter today as if she doesn't regularly go silent weeks at a time
Screenshot_20211118-141607.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
"Living at home and having extra pairs of hands - or warm cosy chests for baby to lie on - was invaluable "

I'm giggling at this sentence because yes, Jess, most people live "at home" it's just that for most, "at home" isn't their mom's luxurious mansion.

I'm also very confused about why you need to live with your whole immediate family in order to have an extra set of sheets???
It's chests hahahaha
I also misread it as sheets. It's because of her odd word choice - describing a chest as 'warm and cosy' is unusual

Reactions: 1
It's chests hahahaha
I also misread it as sheets. It's because of her odd word choice - describing a chest as 'warm and cosy' is unusual
Wow I have no idea how I did that but I'm glad I'm not alone 😂 I can see how that would be nice, but even in her own place she'd have Zak, who's basically sworn fealty to his lord Jess and would be available as a "warm and cosy chest" any time Jess needed to get something done. She really does act like her life is soooo hard without realizing how easy she has it. She acts like she's just barely getting by with a full time stay at home SO/assistant, mom, stepdad (I think?), and sister plus some hired help. I really hope if they look into a regular nanny it'll make her feel better, but I think she'll still have poor time management, because she was like this long before Ines was born.

I know it happens with a variety of mental issues, plus it could just be its own thing, but she definitely is someone who struggles with needing things to be "perfect" or she can't do it at all. Literally NOBODY would care if she were like, "Hey guys Hello my loves! It's been amazing having Zak around to share parenting duties with me, but we're finding it hard to get both of us ready to shoot in other locations very often. I'll be putting together some lookbooks in my dressing room for the time being, and we'll transition back to outdoor shooting when it works better with Ines's needs." People would be thrilled to get any kind of regular content from her. She sounds like a complete parody of an influencer when she's always talking about how busy she is and how much she's filming/shooting, but literally never posts anything but an ad a few times a month. Where is this passion for fashion, Jess?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Its just occured to me - I wonder if the ‘Im so busy’ line is something that she has picked up from living in a house with her mum and step-dad. I say this because having worked at the same firm as them, the general response that literally everyone used to say when asked how they were was always ‘I’m so busy’/ ‘I’m super busy’ etc. Of course usually in that work setting it was true, and being busy was working 80 hour plus weeks in an office as opposed to filming make up or clothes try-ons, but if you grow up hearing that as the stock response to when people ask how you are it stands to reason that you might do the same?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
if you grow up hearing that as the stock response to when people ask how you are it stands to reason that you might do the same?
For someone with two degrees in English, I’d think she’d be more careful with her words instead of throwing around the “I’ve been so busy” line without stopping to think about what she’s really saying. I think she really believes it when she says it.

And it just makes it so much worse, the fact that she grew up with parents for whom working 80+ hours a week was the norm, but is trying to convince both herself and her viewers that working 8 hours a month also qualifies as “busy”.

Reactions: 18
Its just occured to me - I wonder if the ‘Im so busy’ line is something that she has picked up from living in a house with her mum and step-dad. I say this because having worked at the same firm as them, the general response that literally everyone used to say when asked how they were was always ‘I’m so busy’/ ‘I’m super busy’ etc. Of course usually in that work setting it was true, and being busy was working 80 hour plus weeks in an office as opposed to filming make up or clothes try-ons, but if you grow up hearing that as the stock response to when people ask how you are it stands to reason that you might do the same?
Erm, that tends to be the stock response of most people in office jobs, and particularly every law firm ever, not just that one 🤣

I don’t think what you’re saying is right though, if anything it should have shown her what “busy” actually means

Reactions: 3
True, both good points 😂 I’ll go back to just being confused as to why she seems to constantly be so ‘busy’!

Reactions: 3
When people perceive themselves to be incredibly busy despite very little output, it's generally a time management issue (which, yes, can be exacerbated by things like perfectionism, anxiety etc). They genuinely feel like they are constantly busy because they're easily overwhelmed by a few tasks and it takes them an age to do absolutely anything. Alix from I Covet Thee is another.

There are techniques that can help with this, but she'd have to acknowledge that it's a real problem affecting her ability to live and work; blaming a busy work schedule isn't gonna cut it.

Reactions: 16
That's a fair point. I still think it's dumb of her to do so thoughtlessly, but I work at a TINY, extremely laid-back engineering firm and when people chat in the kitchen they still always go from cheery and happy to "*dramatic heavy sigh* Oh, I'm okayyyyy" when someone asks a small talk-y "How are you?" Like they think if they don't pretend they're under some great stress, just barely making it through the day, they're not good enough employees.

Reactions: 8
That's a fair point. I still think it's dumb of her to do so thoughtlessly, but I work at a TINY, extremely laid-back engineering firm and when people chat in the kitchen they still always go from cheery and happy to "*dramatic heavy sigh* Oh, I'm okayyyyy" when someone asks a small talk-y "How are you?" Like they think if they don't pretend they're under some great stress, just barely making it through the day, they're not good enough employees.
I genuinely think they worry that if they don’t sound stressed/busy enough someone might actually give them something else to do 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I genuinely think they worry that if they don’t sound stressed/busy enough someone might actually give them something else to do 🤣
It's weird in my office because the person who does it the MOST dramatically (I sit right next to the kitchen so I hear all the convos in there) is the head of the entire office. There's nobody higher that they would have to be impressing with their work ethic and yet there's still this compulsive "convince people I'm soooo busy" mindset. Also, with her mom, those conversations all happen at work, so how would Jess have had them so ingrained in her? It's always possible that her mom played that up outside of work, too, but I think it's more likely that it's only partially due to hearing everyone else doing it. Most of it with her still seems to be that she's always *feeling* busy and overwhelmed even though she's actually accomplishing absolutely nothing her audience ever sees.

Reactions: 1
It's weird in my office because the person who does it the MOST dramatically (I sit right next to the kitchen so I hear all the convos in there) is the head of the entire office. There's nobody higher that they would have to be impressing with their work ethic and yet there's still this compulsive "convince people I'm soooo busy" mindset. Also, with her mom, those conversations all happen at work, so how would Jess have had them so ingrained in her? It's always possible that her mom played that up outside of work, too, but I think it's more likely that it's only partially due to hearing everyone else doing it. Most of it with her still seems to be that she's always *feeling* busy and overwhelmed even though she's actually accomplishing absolutely nothing her audience ever sees.
I agree. I mean Jess describes herself as being “busy” when she’s reading a book. As if that’s hard work :unsure: I think she just doesn’t know what real hard work is

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I agree. I mean Jess describes herself as being “busy” when she’s reading a book. As if that’s hard work :unsure: I think she just doesn’t know what real hard work is
I think she has a weird grasp of what's "work" for her. I think to her, anything that might end up as "content" on her channel, insta, or blog is now "work" and that also ends up sucking a lot of the joy out of it for her when she's seeing EVERYTHING in her daily life as part of her job.

I genuinely feel like she has no concept of what busyness actually is as she's never had to work a real job before. The more you get used to things being a certain way (ie. doing nothing) the more that becomes the norm for you and the less you are able to do as a result

Reactions: 11
Monday post from Jess - so busy at the moment. It’s Monday! Most people are busy! Working! not having a lie in & a late shower because feel “so tired you guys.” I can be guilty of being lazy but she takes the absolute biscuit. Plus I’m self aware enough to know my time management is poor etc. Maybe she is too & she’s stuck in a loop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.