Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lola123

VIP Member
Am I the ONLY one who doesn’t think she’s struggling with mental health but is simply…lazy?
I think it’s probably a mixture of both. She probably has got complacent more than anything. But if she is struggling I could understand why, none of her close friends have babies, most of them have moved out in some capacity and here she is with all this stuff on top of her and a boyfriend who works for her so they don’t even have a reason to spend time apart

Reactions: 2

Seven of Nine

Do we think she intended on showing Ines in this most recent vlog? A few comments with tags notifying them they’ve left her in of course they don’t read comment or interact in any way so…
90A0B406-7FBD-4EC3-955A-FC241143E979.png

Author123

Chatty Member
For your standard house, obviously it is a lot, but the majority of this property is the working land comprised of several fields attached to it. All those shots she posts in woodland and misty winters are in fields and on land belonging to the property. (ETA that what I mean is that this is not just a home, it sounds like it’s also part working farm if the fields are leased to a local farmer, so it’s not like this is 60acres of private gardens)

Agree with Lola123 above that the price, whilst a lot, isn’t overly unusual. If you search for properties in this price bracket on things like right move and zoopla then you can see it’s not uncommon in Oxfordshire/Cotswolds areas, although obviously there aren’t loads around compared to cheaper properties! Plus once you add in separate buildings and the fact that the main property may be listed you can see how it starts to add up.

Last edited:

Anne1448

VIP Member
Is anyone else really curious about her mum? She had Jess when she was around 23, moved to london with her, and essentially became a single parent whilst working long hours at a law firm. I'm fascinated by her mum and would love to know more about how she did it.
Me too! She sounds like an incredible person. And if I'm not mistaken she isn't from a wealthy background.

The presents she gave Jess for her birthday every year were not only thoughtful but mind blowing. I remember her yearly birthday haul and at the time I was shocked to see what jess got but excited too. I wish she'd do like a q&a about her mom's career and how she got where she is now. Well, it is never going to happen but one can dream.

Author123

Chatty Member
So she's def referred to his Christian name in vlogs.. it's Mark. There are a few partners with that name.

~ Got scared and am deleting the surname part ~
And he’s retired now from the partnership, so he won’t be on the website anymore.

I’m mindblown about what a woman recovering from cancer would take on more stress!!! US law firms London are by reputation ruthless to work for.
This was honestly what went through my mind too when I heard the news!

Sorry for the double post! I’m not good at using the quote function twice in one post!

Nova

VIP Member
I think at her level it will probably be the same amount of stress, although perhaps at a new firm, you obviously have the pressure of bringing in clients and generate business.

puresoul

what did she say about it? honestly i was kind of intrigued ngl because like you said, so many london YTers were there and i assumed they all got comped the facial
That it wasn’t as intense or something, that it felt more like a massage & pampering. And that she doesn’t really see a big difference, that she’s just a bit more glowy than usual.

slugella

VIP Member
I was thinking that too!! Although I have a thing about people talking with cuts on their lips 😬 makes me cringe
I prefer her hair like she has it now too even tho it's such a simple style. I didn't think it suited her as much when it was super short and dark.

I do genuinely wonder whether she has some other kind of part time work behind the scenes, like not just youtube, possibly in social media? Otherwise, I can not imagine what she fills her days with otherwise apart from reading. She's always been quite private and a lot of her vlogs do seem to be large sections of her talking to the camera rather than actually doing stuff so she can't be showing us her whole day? It would also maybe explain her income (apart from the ridiculous amounts influencers get paid for posting a picture plus her family's wealth). Idk I've personally struggled with depression and anxiety for years, in particular agoraphobia so her staying at home doing nothing does remind me of my lowest points which is a bit concerning. Obviously, this past year with her pregnancy and her mum's illness and lockdowns have probably prevented her from doing a lot though.

did she say if she was giving birth at a private hospital?
I don't think she did. She did mention going off the NHS packing lists but that could mean nothing of course.

Lola123

VIP Member
I wonder if the cat didn't get along with the baby or something. It seems really odd to me that they'd just "abandon" him there when they've always been super affectionate and thoughtful about their pets before. Obviously not literally abandoned because I'm sure they'd have someone at least feeding him and checking in on him, but they seemed to really like him before, so I'm not sure why they'd have left him at the farm away from most of the family.
Unless her step dad is still living out there? Because he was at one point when her mum was still getting treatment/before Christmas?

Lola123

VIP Member
Just like when she traveled to the US during covid, it wasn't her fault - even though in her "packing my bag" video she knew the pandemic was happening - it was the government's for not more aggressively forbidding them from going. At the very beginning I'm not sure most people really fully understood what was going on, but at some point during the trip she definitely realized they messed up, and rather than just say that she tried to blame anyone but herself for having made that error.
And then continued to stay in America with her dad!!!

blossombloss

Chatty Member
I think I'm having a slow brain day and struggling to understand what google is telling me, but can someone clarify what the different is between a publisher and an imprint?

As far as I can gather it seems to be like a "brand" or label within a bigger publishing house and they may focus on certain genres of books to publish. Am I close? So does that mean that Puffin is an imprint of Penguin?
You're exactly right!
I think most imprints actually come about because larger publishers buy small publishers and they become an "imprint".
In the case of Puffin, I actually think it may be an "imprint with an imprint", because it falls under PRH's children's imprint and it has several offerings for children.

jjeett

Chatty Member
Didn't she say Zak has a job now? Sorry if this has been discussed but I swear she said in a recent vlog he has a job now.

• Wow

Anonsopinions

Does anybody have any booktuber recommendations who read as widely as jess? I’ve tried noelle gallagher but i was just wondering if anyone knows of others who post more frequently than jess 😭

abaca13

Does anybody have any booktuber recommendations who read as widely as jess? I’ve tried noelle gallagher but i was just wondering if anyone knows of others who post more frequently than jess 😭
You should watch * e m m i e * she's an english major and she has the same calm and soothing vibes as Jess