Succession #2 HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Tom will be killed on his way back to their apartment by the rioting mob, - who will recognise him from the paper. That goodbye with Shiv felt too final. šŸ˜¢
I wondered this too. However I felt that Matsson was looking at someone in the cab, and I wondered if that conversation was actually directly to Tom, but with Shiv on the phone.

Reactions: 3
I'd have liked to have seen more of Ewan and Lady Caroline
same! ewan in particular is such an interesting character (but i also like that heā€™s used sparingly) - the ā€œi loved him, i supposeā€ about logan in his eulogy. i always felt like he was the only person who was really able to get to the core of who logan was, understandably i guess given their childhood. but, even seeing that core, he didnā€™t really like him.

i did read that james cromwell had long covid quite badly for a lot of last year so it could be that they wanted to use him more, but cut his time down to a few key scenes.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I took it that Ewan's eulogy had sunk in a bit for Shiv and she was wondering if Logan really had been a large force for bad in the world as well as amongst the sibs. There'd probably also be a bit of wrestling with her conscience, since she's gunning to be CEO and carrying on the same legacy now that she's prepared to sell out her Democrat ideals.
It was at the mausoleum, when the coffin was being carried in, Roman said ā€œitā€™s too muchā€ and rushed to the hearse. It felt connected to his reaction, as if she suddenly questioned just how bad Logan had been particularly to him.

I also want to give a little shout of for Pip Torrens as Peter Munion ... suitably slimy. Makes me cringe every time he's on screen.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I felt there was so much to unpack in that episode and I feel I missed a few things
[/QUOTE]
I read Mashable.com after ive watched each episode & it helps me unpick everything as I honestly had no idea what the GoJo deal etc actually was. Iā€™m planning on trying to rewatch from S1 after next week now I understand whatā€™s going on.

Reactions: 4
I hope the finale shows a more emotional Kendall- he has suddenly become stone cold, harsh and steely. It seems like normal Kendall must be in there somewhere.

Lost all respect for Shiv when she said sheā€™d take no part in parenting and would leave it all to the nanny.

Kieran was amazing this episode.

I miss Stewy.

Reactions: 10
Lost all respect for Shiv when she said sheā€™d take no part in parenting and would leave it all to the nanny.

To be fair, thatā€™s the exact model of mothering she was raised with (as Caroline said, as long as you make sure you never see them itā€™s fine), so she knows little else.

Plus as a woman she was already pushed to the professional periphery even before she was known to be pregnant. As she rightly said in her eulogy, this is not a realm where women are treated well. Mattson has already made clear that the pregnancy works against her as a potential CEO.

Inadequately parented herself, and fighting tooth and claw to stay relevant in an industry that would rather kick her to the kerb. I canā€™t disrespect her for considering less than ideal decisions, given her limited options.

Reactions: 14
I hope the finale shows a more emotional Kendall- he has suddenly become stone cold, harsh and steely. It seems like normal Kendall must be in there somewhere.
tbh. i feel like this has always been kendallā€™s destiny. he has become, or is becoming, logan - like the show was always foreshadowing he would (youā€™re my number one boy and all that). the scene at the wake where he kept telling roman that heā€™d ā€œfucked itā€ was pure logan.

honestly i feel like the three central children will end up becoming the original roy children. kendall is logan, pushing everyone away, toxic relationships, will end up alone. shiv is ewan, tries to be more moralistic. will maybe move sideways into politics again or philanthropy. roman is rose, probably destined to not make old bones.

Reactions: 7
tbh. i feel like this has always been kendallā€™s destiny. he has become, or is becoming, logan - like the show was always foreshadowing he would (youā€™re my number one boy and all that). the scene at the wake where he kept telling roman that heā€™d ā€œfucked itā€ was pure logan.

honestly i feel like the three central children will end up becoming the original roy children. kendall is logan, pushing everyone away, toxic relationships, will end up alone. shiv is ewan, tries to be more moralistic. will maybe move sideways into politics again or philanthropy. roman is rose, probably destined to not make old bones.
Kendall saying that everything he does is for his kids (who he barely ever sees) is also an echo of comments Logan has made in the past.

Shivā€™s already planning her motherhood along the lines of Carolineā€™s ā€˜minimal contactā€™ model.

As has been alluded to in past episodes, and again in Ewanā€™s eulogy, their Aunt and Uncle, in loco parentis, were harsh (if not abusive) people.

So I guess that, like most people, theyā€™re destined to turn into a version of their parents.

Plus, as a few people have mentioned, Jesse Armstrong tends towards circularity and repeated patterns/behaviours. Maybe this is why Connor has been most able to separate himself and achieve some semblance of contentment, because heā€™s from a family model where ā€˜compartmentalisationā€™ was the coping strategy.

Reactions: 4
I think Shiv was just saying that to Matsson as part of her pitch to secure the CEO job.

Reactions: 8
I donā€™t think Shiv 100% meant what she said about parenting.
iā€™m sad thereā€™s not one more season where we can see shiv and tom attempting to raise a child tbh šŸ˜‚

i donā€™t think she fully meant it, but like said above i donā€™t think she really has any great examples of motherhood to pull from to work out how to do it ā€œrightā€. it would have been interesting to see her try and deal with that with an actual baby around but i think itā€™s more likely that the cycle would just start again.

Reactions: 5
Yes šŸ’Æ this! It was SO much like the way Logan used to speak to Roman. Kendall was definitely doing that on purpose - copying his dads way of belittling Roman to kick him while he was down.

Reactions: 3