Succession #2 HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want Greg to take over. Heā€™s my favourite followed by Roman. I canā€™t bear Tom or Shiv.

Please please please can we put any spoilers for the final episode in a spoiler tag? I know some people will want to know but Iā€™d be so gutted if I saw it accidentally!

Reactions: 10
I want Greg to take over. Heā€™s my favourite followed by Roman. I canā€™t bear Tom or Shiv.
Greg isn't taking over. That is some Game of Throne bullshit. I have faith in Jesse Armstrong to not put us through that farce!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was looking up on IMDB where I'd seen the guy who got wasabi in his eyes before (he's the Archbishop in The Great), and Alexander SkarsgƄrd's profile photo raised some questions.

Screenshot_20230520_104727_Chrome.jpg

Handily there's an explanation of sorts here, although "Zac Efron had taken his shirt off the year before and it was sexy, so I thought I'd take my trousers off" still leaves me with some questions :unsure:šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 3
hi everyone just popping in to say i haven't read the thread as i only started watching the show 2 days ago - i'm on season 1 episode 8 and i cannot think about anything else, i watch it on the toilet, in bed, outside, any moment i have i cannot stop šŸ˜‚ so i'll definitely watch the finale with you!! šŸ˜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
i have more detailed thoughts but all i can say right now is GIVE KIERAN CULKIN THE EMMY šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»

(the ā€œis he in there?ā€ broke my heart and i actively hate roman at this point but god šŸ˜­)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Absolutely loved that episode.

I'm not ready for it to end šŸ˜­ Kieran deserves every award going šŸ˜ž

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What an episode. Kieran was heartbreaking.

Also loved the ex-wives/girlfriends sitting front row. Marcia and Kerry holding hands made me weep!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
But Greg is a bumbling buffoon!
he is - but he also always lands on his feet. i donā€™t think heā€™ll be CEO (heā€™s just too incompetent for that) but i absolutely think he will always be in the room.

i canā€™t see past tom tbh. or at least a tom v kendall deal in the end. the roy children are just all useless and self-destructive in different ways. tom would fit the narrative mencken wants and is spineless/obedient enough for maatson to work with him.

iā€™ve seen a few theories online that maatson struck the deal with tom before he gets to the wake, which is why heā€™s so all over the place and scatty. which is an interesting theory: to quote it in full:

I think that Maatson struck the deal with Tom right before Tom arrives at the wake. It is why he is so scattershot (on top of being exhausted and the craziness of the last few days)--almost as if he is in shock. The moment he turns, Maatson calls Shiv to let her know he thinks he can make a US CEO work. She thinks it is her, but it is Tom--and Tom already knows.

the cut to the coffin during romanā€™s speech was amazing too. like you could almost feel loganā€™s disapproval from beyond the grave when he started losing his place. ā€œis he in thereā€¦ā€¦ can we get him out?ā€ šŸ˜­

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5