Succession #2 HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looked a little shocked that he knew she was pregnant as she had told very few people, makes sense for Tom to have spoken to Mastson prior to the wake

Reactions: 13
She looked a little shocked that he knew she was pregnant as she had told very few people, makes sense for Tom to have spoken to Mastson prior to the wake
good spot! i’m convincing myself that theory is true too - tom was so all over the place at the wake that there had to be a reason imo.

Reactions: 6
There’s no way Shiv takes over the US operations for Waystar/GoJo. Definitely Tom! Kieran was good but I feel a little baited by the trailer? The riots looked intense when extras posted pics but we hardly saw it here

Reactions: 1

Thank you!!! I was wracking my brains trying to work out how he knew! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
---
There’s no way Shiv takes over the US operations for Waystar/GoJo.
I thought the same - there’s no way any of the three of them will ‘win’ in the end: Mattson is going to leave Shiv out in the cold, Kendall is losing his kids, and Roman is headed for a breakdown.

Connor will live out his days quietly and lazily in Slovenia or wherever he ends up, and he’ll be happy with that, but the other three are fucked.
---
I just discovered something awesome on another forum: the woman Lady Caroline introduced as Logan’s mistress when they were married was played by Brian Cox’s real-life wife! 😮

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Oh my god. Amazing. Give Kieran every award. The “is he in there, can we take him out?” - I bawled my eyes out.

Shiv: “intrigued to see how he gets out of this one” 💀

In response to the above posts…

I hadn’t considered the Tom angle from that episode at all, but now that I’ve read those posts, I’m convinced that’s exactly what’s happened.

It might also explain why there was such a huge focus at the start of the episode on Tom being annoyed about not getting any credit for making the Mencken call (even though he didn’t)… the fact that he wasn’t caught up in that shitshow publicly might actually play in his favour with Mattson?

Although I fear that would be the permanent end of Shiv and Tom 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There’s no way Shiv takes over the US operations for Waystar/GoJo. Definitely Tom!
The more I think about this, the more convinced I am. From a plotting perspective having Tom miss the funeral is interesting as it made him seem like less of a ‘main player’, and it strongly hints that running ATN is where all his time & energy is going now. But downplaying/sidelining him in the penultimate episode will ultimately make any ‘reveal’ of him as Mattson’s CEO far more dramatic
---
Finale trailer here, for those who are interested:

---
Ooooh, this is clever: Brian Cox was actually at the filming of the funeral scenes so as not to give away the fact that it was Logan’s funeral.

Bet that messed with JS’s ‘method’ somewhat!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I'll be pissed if Shiv wins it all. Her crass manipulation of Tom and drinking champagne while being pregnant just to prove a point to Tom was ridiculous and disgusting.

1684797336580.png

Reactions: 2
I wonder if Tom’s apology to her was also about the fact that he knows he’s about to totally duck her over, more than it was about missing the funeral

I wouldn’t mind if Tom and Shiv reunited to be super power couple though, I can see Tom saying let’s do this together Siobhan, like we planned from the start 🥰 all the feels

Reactions: 11
I think Tom will be killed on his way back to their apartment by the rioting mob, - who will recognise him from the paper. That goodbye with Shiv felt too final. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I think I’ve figured it out! Logan’s not really dead and he wasn’t in there.😄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The only thing I’m fairly certain about is that the three younger siblings are all going to get fucked over (Connor may also go down but he’s fairly oblivious to everything around him.)

My money is on Matsson taking over and putting a stooge in as CEO, I did think Greg but everyone’s Tom theories fit much better.

My favourite bit yesterday was the look on their faces at the mausoleum and Connor being in on his father’s plans despite his belief in cryogenics, but at least it was $5M well spent 😂

Poor old Tiny Tears too!

Reactions: 11
Just thinking about the Tom/Mattson thing: remember after the Norway trip, when Shiv gently asked Mattson not to ‘cull’ Tom? How deliciously ironic if she actually handed Mattson the knife he’s going to stab her in the back with.

Though, also, Gerri was the only one of the ‘old guard’ not on the Kill List, and after Roman viciously sacked her she’d have every motive to move over to Mattson’s side. She did tell Roman ‘I could have got you there’, so perhaps she’s more embedded in the takeover than we think.

If my dream of a ‘Tom & Gerri’ coup comes to fruition my year will be complete 😁

Reactions: 4
My favourite bit yesterday was the look on their faces at the mausoleum and Connor being in on his father’s plans despite his belief in cryogenics, but at least it was $5M well spent 😂

Poor old Tiny Tears too!
i loved that too 🤣 but there was also something so darkly poetic about thinking that the whole family will basically be trapped in a room with logan for eternity - they can never escape him, even in the afterlife. dark af.

i think honestly that connor is the only sibling who will win in the end. he has goodness at his core, a partner at his side who genuinely loves him - he may be the first pancake but he’s going to end up being the happiest pancake.
---
Just thinking about the Tom/Mattson thing: remember after the Norway trip, when Shiv gently asked Mattson not to ‘cull’ Tom? How deliciously ironic if she actually handed Mattson the knife he’s going to stab her in the back with.
yep, and she’s also technically done that twice - with her telling logan “not tom” in series two and so making kendall the sacrificial lamb instead. and tom went on to betray her that time too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The only thing I’m fairly certain about is that the three younger siblings are all going to get fucked over (Connor may also go down but he’s fairly oblivious to everything around him.)

My money is on Matsson taking over and putting a stooge in as CEO, I did think Greg but everyone’s Tom theories fit much better.

My favourite bit yesterday was the look on their faces at the mausoleum and Connor being in on his father’s plans
despite his belief in cryogenics, but at least it was $5M well spent 😂

Poor old Tiny Tears too!
I did LOL at the 'let me show you around' line. Connor is brilliant and doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

As for Tom, he would definitely fit with Matsson wanting a stooge CEO. He knows Tom will do exactly what he tells him to do

Reactions: 7

Poor old Tiny Tears too!
I did too.

I keep wondering will something akin to Robert Maxwell come out of the woodwork. Everyone talks about the Murdoch connection but Maxwell was equally nuts and the financial crap that went on there shocking.

I did too.

I keep wondering will something akin to Robert Maxwell come out of the woodwork. Everyone talks about the Murdoch connection but Maxwell was equally nuts and the financial crap that went on there shocking.
I’ve always thought that there we’re definitely more parallels with Robert Maxwell then Murdoch in a lot of the scenes. I hadn’t thought of that as a twist but it works.

I read a bio on Maxwell last year and the way he treated his sons in particular is similar to Kendall and Roman in many ways. it’s definitely worth a read.

Perhaps Menkin will see Greg as a compliant, dopey puppet and he’ll push him into the CEO job. He’s always had a way of intentionally or accidentally discovering secrets.

There was a bit in it where I wasn’t sure what was being implied. When Roman left the interment and Shiv looked worried and puzzled and suddenly went asked Frank and Karl “how bad was dad”?

I’ve always thought that there we’re definitely more parallels with Robert Maxwell then Murdoch in a lot of the scenes. I hadn’t thought of that as a twist but it works.

I read a bio on Maxwell last year and the way he treated his sons in particular is similar to Kendall and Roman in many ways. it’s definitely worth a read.
I've read it. It wouldn't fly as a tv program. Too implausible.

There was a bit in it where I wasn’t sure what was being implied. When Roman left the interment and Shiv looked worried and puzzled and suddenly went asked Frank and Karl “how bad was dad”?
I took it that Ewan's eulogy had sunk in a bit for Shiv and she was wondering if Logan really had been a large force for bad in the world as well as amongst the sibs. There'd probably also be a bit of wrestling with her conscience, since she's gunning to be CEO and carrying on the same legacy now that she's prepared to sell out her Democrat ideals.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Shiv is clearly going to be fucked over by Matsson. She'll help him get the deal signed but no way is he picking her as CEO - I don't think he thinks much of her at all, except for her useful connections. He thinks all of the Roy kids are jokes and as Logan said, "not serious people" capable of actually successfully running a multi-billion dollar corporation. I think he'll choose Tom - he's experienced, very ambitious and eager to please, and Mencken will approve after the hand he had in winning him the presidency (for now!).

Reactions: 10