Succession #2 HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excuse me Stephen
I’ve always thought SK was a dick. Perhaps he’s got a chip on his shoulder because his output tends to be seen as schlocky/sci-fi/low brow/horror, and Succession is mostly described as Shakespearean?

On the subject of which, look at the beauty of this: why Tom ‘won’ over Kendall:

2A2DFD32-6B87-4314-BF1C-36C600FF5484.jpeg

Reactions: 20
oh my. where to start.

i finally started watching succession 12 days ago and i just watched the finale. what this show did to me... i can't explain it 😂 😭 when i realized that's the last time i'm watching the intro (not counting re-watching ofc), i teared up a bit. definitely one of the best tv shows i've ever seen, and an added bonus is that they actually filmed some of season 2 where i live and i had completely forgotten about that 😅

i can't say i expected tom to come out on top, but i was hoping - absolutely adored his character and every scene he was in! when he walked in as ceo and everyone was cheering him on, you could actually see a change in his walk, his confidence, everything, i felt so happy for him even though he was going to be a punching bag basically, but he got the status and money he wanted. he loves his suits, his watches... 🕘

at the beginning i hated kendall, and when a friend of mine who watched the show told me he's her favourite i didn't believe her! but i started feeling so sorry for him throughout the show and he did have some redeeming moments. and the actor... just incredible. he played kendall's sadness so well that i realized in that scene when he's laughing in the sea with shiv & roy that that was the first time i thought he looked genuinely happy!

i did know roman was going to be my favourite from the very beginning - so i was delighted to see him smiling down at that martini 🍸 kieran played roman's breakdowns so incredibly well - i really do hope he gets awards for this role, but then again they all deserve them. when roman broke down at the funeral, it was the first time i actually cried at succession 😭 there were moments where i teared up, but that really broke my heart. probably many of you are binging his interviews anyway, but may i suggest you to watch this really cool interview of him done by hot ones:

and mattson was incredible too! alexander skarsgard is so good at playing creepy men that it scares me a bit 😅 if you enjoyed his role, i can recommend watching the 1st season of big little lies - he's so good in it. scary, but good!! and can't forget brian/logan, every duck OFF was perfect 👏

for now i'll end my thoughts with my favourite moment in the show aside from the stickering:

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Forgive me, I’ve just read a Daily Mail article (I know, I know) where it linked all the little “Easter Eggs” that pointed towards Tom always being the successor. It’s very clever. It links the show to the plot of King Lear, Toms surname refers to a baseball player with the same surname who took out three opposing players at once & then the below, which refers to the title of each episode in season four. Might not be true, but I like to think it is as it’s so bloody clever !!
IMG_1974.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 8
He is my absolute fav Darcy!! I would happily rewatch that movie any given time.

dh asked what happened in Succession after not watching for 4 seasons. I said if he wanted to watch I'd happily rewatch.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He is my absolute fav Darcy!! I would happily rewatch that movie any given time.

dh asked what happened in Succession after not watching for 4 seasons. I said if he wanted to watch I'd happily rewatch.
I watched Operation Mincemeat recently ... you get both Darcy's in that one. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I cannot compute Tom from Mr Darcy. I mentally went this is where Cameron ends up with Conor

So of all the succession men who would you snog marry avoid

Reactions: 3
I’d snog Stewy
Marry Kendall
Avoid Roman (asexual and sharp tongued)

Stewy would be a great kisser and I feel like I could fix Kendall! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5