Succession #2 HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The men in Succession do nothing for me at all. So even as a heterosexual woman, I’d say:

Snog: Willa
Marry: Gerri
Avoid: everyone in the show with XY chromosomes (with maybe an exception for Adrien Brody)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Snog: Stewy
Marry: Gerri
Avoid: Tom (he’s comedy gold but his people pleasing makes me cringe)

I’d snog Stewy
Marry Kendall
Avoid Roman (asexual and sharp tongued)

Stewy would be a great kisser and I feel like I could fix Kendall! :ROFLMAO:
Girl same 😂 I'd like to spoon Kendall (I'd be big spoon ofc) and take his pain away.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
If we are going down the girl route I would

Snog Naomi (for the same reason as snogging Matsson, she’s dangerous territory)
Marry Karolina (Gerri is too much of a mother figure)
Avoid Shiv (no explanation needed)

Reactions: 2
Snog Kerry
Marry Gerri
Avoid Shiv (duh!)

From the guys -

Snog Kendall
Marry Tom (30 orgasms in one day would be ecstasy!)
Avoid Logan/Roman/Mattson

Reactions: 1
I’m sorry but I do not believe Tom Wambsgans can give 30 orgasms in one day, I just don’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Snog Roman - he’s a dick but my crush on Kieran Culkin is too much to deny

Marry Karl - he’s got a great sense of humour and I want to go to his new island!

Avoid Tom - he gives me the biggest ick

Reactions: 6
Snog Roman - he’s a dick but my crush on Kieran Culkin is too much to deny

Marry Karl - he’s got a great sense of humour and I want to go to his new island!

Avoid Tom - he gives me the biggest ick
I'm absolutely with you on this one but I'd like to add Mattson to the snog list just because.

Girls:

Snog - Naomi
Marry - Karolina
avoid - Shiv

Reactions: 1
speaking of karolina, she has the most pleasant voice and accent ever :love:

jesse armstrong having the final word on shiv’s motivation:

oh and:

snog - stewey (he is so 🔥)
marry - honestly, connor. he’d be just happy to have me there.
avoid - so many but mainly roman 🤣

Reactions: 5
But the power play now … Tom suddenly appears completely god-like in those final scenes, the king of all he survey. In the back of the car as he puts his hand out - he’s allowing Shiv to touch him. He has all the control. Almost regal.
A masterpiece of acting from every one.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm so tired but I finished it!! The Tattlers on this thread were so astute guessing Tom would be CEO, but I was still like oh shitttt when Mattson told Tom over dinner it would be him.

Wasn't it strange the personality change that Tom had when everyone was congratulating him? Suddenly I was watching him like "...huh. he does actually fit the bill pretty well..." there was no more pandering ass-kissing, no more stupid jokes or trying to fit in. Suddenly he had his business face on which we saw glimpses of during the election episode, but suddenly he really seemed serious. Kinda loved it.

At first I was fuming at Shiv because I've always thought Ken should get it, but after reading the thread I can see why she would have changed her mind. Ken was a donkey on the edge at the end and it was very uncomfortable to watch - gaslighting everyone saying he didn't kill that waiter?! what the actual duck. and don't get me started on the stitch-splitting hug. At first I was like awwww then Roman started making weird noises and I was like wait.. Kendall isn't doing that on purpose right?? 😬

All in all, a fitting ending for a brilliant show. Everything left ambiguous. Glad Roman is free of it all 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ken was a donkey on the edge at the end and it was very uncomfortable to watch - gaslighting everyone saying he didn't kill that waiter?! what the actual duck.
Exactly! I've since thought it showed that he couldn't deal with pressure, not that the other sibs could either. Anyone with a bit of composure could have given Shiv her space or he could have said some soothing BS, like he might be the figurehead but he'd always need her and Rome to help run the place, making a vague offer of a couple of plum jobs. A lie, but as if Logan hadn't constantly made hollow promises to get what he wanted.

Ken putting his feet on the desk and acting arrongantly was quite a Rome move. And his refusal to offer a (fake) compromise to secure a deal was a very Shiv move. He seemed to get drunk with the power before he even had it.

I think between the three of them they could actually run the company, not well, but good enough - Ken is a good "face" for it, a great public speaker, Rome often has good business instincts and Shiv has actual work experience and seemed a competent adviser if anyone would listen to her. There's no way they'd be able to put their egos aside to work effectively together, though. ETA: And if Gerri were there too, imagine! If only Rome hadn't fired her

Interesting that Matthew McFadyen didn't think Tom had won, because he's not really in charge but Tom told Shiv all he wanted was money and status (not power!), which he will have now in spades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Wasn't it strange the personality change that Tom had when everyone was congratulating him? Suddenly I was watching him like "...huh. he does actually fit the bill pretty well..." there was no more pandering ass-kissing, no more stupid jokes or trying to fit in. Suddenly he had his business face on which we saw glimpses of during the election episode, but suddenly he really seemed serious. Kinda loved it.
Yes!! Exactly this. Tom‘s whole face, demeanour and even posture changed in those final scenes. He suddenly had gravitas.

Reactions: 11
For the snog marry avoid game..

Guys:

Snog Roman (I can fix him 🥺)
Marry Karl (funniest character in the show easily, and he's rich)
Avoid Kendall

Girls:

Snog Tabitha (Romans very well dressed gf, does anyone remember her?)
Marry Karolina
Avoid Shiv (we've all avoided Shiv I notice hahah)

• Heart
  • Haha