Styled By Susie and Susie Hasler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More professionalism from Susie today. She desperately needs some training in every aspect of her business. View attachment 207355
Having an opinion lacks empathy, ok then. Don’t ask for opinions if you don’t want them. This be kind crap really needs to stop it’s pathetic , it’s not school. If people only want kindness in their lives they shouldn’t have a public business, kindness is reserved for kindness, not for blowing smoke up peoples arses if they are being twit or have asked for an honest opinion. Last I checked the daily mail wasn’t known for its kindness

Reactions: 6
In Susie’s world, ‘#bekind’ actually means ‘If I don’t like what you’re saying then I’m going to try and stop you voicing your opinion’.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I paid for an analysis and got a copy and paste document . Disappointing . I was told I’m an hourglass which I am but there are differences in every hourglass. I am short for example but I’m guessing my formula was the same for a tall hourglass ..how does that work ?! I was under the impression the advice would be more tailored to each individual . Some of the stylists outfits are questionable too and don’t seem to follow the advice ? Most people look like clones with chunky white trainers and jeans with a tucked in top . I can see the appeal if you really have no clue about fashion but if you’re looking to develop you own sense of style I’d avoid. Also women saying ‘am I allowed to wear this colour ?’ Allowed !!??

Reactions: 8
I paid for an analysis and got a copy and paste document . Disappointing . I was told I’m an hourglass which I am but there are differences in every hourglass. I am short for example but I’m guessing my formula was the same for a tall hourglass ..how does that work ?! I was under the impression the advice would be more tailored to each individual . Some of the stylists outfits are questionable too and don’t seem to follow the advice ? Most people look like clones with chunky white trainers and jeans with a tucked in top . I can see the appeal if you really have no clue about fashion but if you’re looking to develop you own sense of style I’d avoid. Also women saying ‘am I allowed to wear this colour ?’ Allowed !!??
Did you go back and question your analysis ? If so what was the response from Susie & the team ?

My first post here and just wanted to add my twopenneth. I’ve been on MN thread about SBS too and this thread was mentioned. Sadly, I fell prey to the good reviews and wasted money on her services (I was in a bad place). I am fat, I’m ok with that, but I needed help to find some clothes that fit me decently. As a size 20/22, I hoped the group would have some posts from people similar in size to me that had been ‘styled’ and were able to share their purchases/looks etc.

I constantly asked about plus size representation and general diversity in the group as it was leaving me feeling quite despondent. Anyway, I emailed Susie personally to ask about it and this was the response I got. I was never, ever nasty. Just brought up my own personal experience but it was completely turned around as if it was my fault. Not once taking on board any of the things I was saying as a paying customer. I can’t imagine any other company treating customers like that and getting away with, but as others have said, it’s like an echo chamber.
Daisy , i saw on MN that you have actually spent almost £200 with Susie & the team.
Which makes her response or should i say reaction even worse.
She really should have just said i am sorry it feels i do not represent sizes 20 + & i will do better to show that.
It really does highlight how all this is a vanity project for herself rather than really helping people who would like guidance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Omg I can't believe members of the group have gone and emailed her about this thread (or the MN one). Who would even do that 😂 It's like overhearing a friend bitching about someone and then going up to the bitchee and saying 'ommm my mate was slagging you right off, ohhh she went in hard but don't worry I said it wasn't very good of her - just thought I'd tell you'

Exactly! & for sbs to then be like "hey guys theres this place that is slagging us all off and I really cant wrap my head around it but I thought you should know!" What was the point in highlighting this to the hundreds of woman in the group? Where was the kindness in that? Why did they not just respond to the people who contacted them and said "we are aware of such sites and do not associate with them. If there is anything in your analysis you would like to discuss
please let us know" That poor woman who felt she needed to go on MN & explain her hair analysis which achieves nothing.

I believe it was sbs way of getting her followers to flood this page & MN with positive reviews and back her up. However if thats the case they must have left their "kind words only" on the sbs fb doorstep as some of the defending comments have been plain aggressive & childish

But no one else who joined the group happened to be your size/shape/wanting to address issues you identify with. Disappointing, sure but it's utterly bizarre to even think it's something to complain about. What would the solution be? To trawl FB for plus sized people, message them and ask them to join Susie's style group and post photos of themselves? Seriously!

She's talking about a FB group! I'd agree with you if you were talking about the business side of it.

There was one member I can think of who was plus sized and it was only right she was blocked in the end as she used to spam the group constantly and seemed entitled to responses and then cry when people stopped engaging as she was very full on. That's the reason I left the group myself as it was meant to be a lighthearted style group and this one person dominated it.

Was this the lady who had blonde hair longish hair, mostly wore glassess, seemed to shop all the time but in fairness was actually quite stylish? I think she was an hourglass?

I really liked her style but haven't seen her post in ages but would make sense if she is blocked.

Last edited:
I have been in the group from nearly the beginning and what was once a fun page that gave me lots of help and advice has turned into them silencing too many people, the rules are like a dictator and I mean if I paid for all my analysis then I'm entitled to tell someone what make up they could go for, not get a message telling me to stop sharing tips on lipstick colours as it takes away from their earnings.
This page has turned into censorship in its finest. I used to follow several of the other ladies in the group but they no longer post anything either so whoever set this post up is clearly just saying what people are thinking! Susie has changed over the years and not for the better, I had a personal shop with her and i realise now she uses all the flattery and pretends to be your friend but the minute you might make a tiny slip up on a word in a comment and you are booted out. Needless to say I left the group this morning because her post last night was the final straw... why feel the need to direct people to these pages. Its clearly to get sympathy because that's how she lives her life, she wants people to think she has it hard but in reality she has it easy compared to others but you know she has now sprained her ankle and had to deal with this forum (woe is me)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
She may as well have said 'please go on those forum and defend me'. She does come across like some who pretends to be your friend to extract cash from you. Nothing kind about that!

Reactions: 4
To be fair what are they going to defend in this thread ?
I think we have been fairly honest , we have questioned the correct issues ? All mostly came to the same conclusion that Susie doesn't want to address any of them.
She is protecting her income , which is fair enough. But good practices listen to the consumer. They apologise if the quality service wasn't to expected level and try to put the issues within reason right.
Woman are going to her because they either feel they have lost their fashion mojo, major changes in their life so would like a wardrobe to reflect those changes. Or their body shape has changed and would like help to feel more confident.
Her behaviour is like Peggy Mitchell and her FB group is her Queen Vic. Say something she doesn't agree with and you’re out.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She may as well have said 'please go on those forum and defend me'. She does come across like some who pretends to be your friend to extract cash from you. Nothing kind about that!
Which is actually quite cruel now I think about it as people are feeling the need to defend their style hair style & thats was never the issue it was the sbs model and poor customer service. However she has done an amazing job at defecting away from poor business practice to woman actually feeling personally attacked

I really struggle with the way Susie presents herself and how shocking the customer service is. Anyone that has cult followings defending everything they do is worth steering away from.

Its worked on the MN thread! Shes played her FB followers a blinder with this one.

I have been in the group from nearly the beginning and what was once a fun page that gave me lots of help and advice has turned into them silencing too many people, the rules are like a dictator and I mean if I paid for all my analysis then I'm entitled to tell someone what make up they could go for, not get a message telling me to stop sharing tips on lipstick colours as it takes away from their earnings.
This page has turned into censorship in its finest. I used to follow several of the other ladies in the group but they no longer post anything either so whoever set this post up is clearly just saying what people are thinking! Susie has changed over the years and not for the better, I had a personal shop with her and i realise now she uses all the flattery and pretends to be your friend but the minute you might make a tiny slip up on a word in a comment and you are booted out. Needless to say I left the group this morning because her post last night was the final straw... why feel the need to direct people to these pages. Its clearly to get sympathy because that's how she lives her life, she wants people to think she has it hard but in reality she has it easy compared to others but you know she has now sprained her ankle and had to deal with this forum (woe is me)
@Lollypop84 did sbs seriously message you to say dont give makeup recommendations for people asking on the FB group??😧

They are trying to defend the indefensible though..
Its the fake moral high ground they are taking thats really annoying me though

Reactions: 2
I agree about the fake moral high ground. But what else can we expect from her?
Very true. This is the woman who was asking for a nation wide boycott of Holland and Barret for selling Skinny Tea but now writes for the Daily Mail.

• Haha
@Lollypop84 did sbs seriously message you to say dont give makeup recommendations for people asking on the FB group??😧

Its the fake moral high ground they are taking thats really annoying me though
Yes I got a message saying please can you not give out specific shades of lipsticks for other summers as this is all included in the make up guide that they should purchase. I get they need to make money but if someone can't afford both a lipstick and an analysis I will gladly part with my knowledge because thats true kindness. She said someone had messaged her saying she was annoyed she has paid for advice when someone (me) was giving it for free on the forum.

Very true. This is the woman who was asking for a nation wide boycott of Holland and Barret for selling Skinny Tea but now writes for the Daily Mail.
And she also used to spend a lot in Holland and barrett

• Wow
  • Heart
:ROFLMAO: She loves to play the 'I'm all about about empowering women card' doesn't she?

Shame that it does not include the women who are victims of hate and racism incited by the Daily Mail and the slaves (women, children and men) who are forced into slave labour to make the clothes that Styled by Susie promotes.

Reactions: 5
Yes I got a message saying please can you not give out specific shades of lipsticks for other summers as this is all included in the make up guide that they should purchase. I get they need to make money but if someone can't afford both a lipstick and an analysis I will gladly part with my knowledge because thats true kindness. She said someone had messaged her saying she was annoyed she has paid for advice when someone (me) was giving it for free on the forum.

I am actually quite shocked by this so much for a "sisterhood". The sly thing is that make-up use to ne included in the premium packages so god knows what you get for your money now.

I am actually quite shocked by this so much for a "sisterhood". The sly thing is that make-up use to ne included in the premium packages so god knows what you get for your money now.

So if someone posts asking what good winter lipsticks are around does their post get declined or they are told to part with cash for a whole make up analysis?

I think she is a victim of her own success, and my success I mean purely sales volume . She got very popular very fast and was adding people to her team at a record rate.. not fashion graduates or personal shoppers but people who had used her services that she “trained up “ (sheep dipped). Being online they have no protection from the opinion of the general public other than some textbook PR advise about controlling the narrative & the “be kind “ drivel . That never works. She has a business coach but it appears that’s all about expanding as oppose to getting better . Adding service after service .I think they would do better keeping small and less public, more targetted market & Make things more personal and exclusive ,waiting list approach etc, as oppose to scatter gun tactics issuing our generic advise and definitely should stop recommending trainers with dresses (sorry!😂. ) Stopping people from recommending lipsticks .. what a joke 😂 Cos it’s such a skilled patented service

• Haha

So if someone posts asking what good winter lipsticks are around does their post get declined or they are told to part with cash for a whole make up analysis?
I think sometimes they allow it now but rarely because it takes away from their profits but you are right, back when I had mine everything was included and then they did it all separate to make more money. Its not the affordable service it once was. I get that businesses grow but she has totally forgotten those that used her when no one else did. The amount of people i recommended her to as well its very frustrating when you think you are promoting something with good ethos and then realise its all fake and she just wants your money!

I think she is a victim of her own success, and my success I mean purely sales volume . She got very popular very fast and was adding people to her team at a record rate.. not fashion graduates or personal shoppers but people who had used her services that she “trained up “ (sheep dipped). Being online they have no protection from the opinion of the general public other than some textbook PR advise about controlling the narrative & the “be kind “ drivel . That never works. She has a business coach but it appears that’s all about expanding as oppose to getting better . Adding service after service .I think they would do better keeping small and less public, more targetted market & Make things more personal and exclusive ,waiting list approach etc, as oppose to scatter gun tactics issuing our generic advise and definitely should stop recommending trainers with dresses (sorry!😂. ) Stopping people from recommending lipsticks .. what a joke 😂 Cos it’s such a skilled patented service
Nail on the head here!

Im sure I'm not the only one who noticed the new hairdresser is a client and friend of hers. I personally know 3 people who applied for the position and all they wanted was a link to your Instagram, no CV, no credentials. I mean thats a tit way to run a company. Surely you want the best in the business not the one who posts the most on their social media channels. I wouldn't feel comfortable having a hair analysis anyway as I personally rarely like the new dos but the originally hair cut or colour. Its a team of stylists that are trained up by susie that she has recruited from her cult following, she never recruits properly in my opinion. Gutted now that I lined her pockets and hope that others see her for what the business how now become.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.