Styled By Susie and Susie Hasler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Notredam, you’re doing it again. As Furloughed said, you’re misquoting. Where have I ever said YOU have an issue with my size?

At first I thought I must have not been coming across very well, especially as I can get a bit ‘foggy’ sometimes, but I think I’ve explained quite well.
To show that my comments were nothing to do with your size. Ok so no one, not you, not anyone else cares or has an issue with your size. But you tried to nit pick by saying you didn't want to feel better about how you look in clothes at your size, which is laughable as that is the whole bloody point. The aim in paying for a style service, for joining a style FB group, for wanting to see others who look like you, is to feel better. Don't try and twist that into there being some 'issue' with your size.

You wanted to see others with your body type but there weren't any, which was your gripe.
I said 'whatever your size may be'. Stop trying to make out I have a problem with your size. I'm not you so i couldn't care less what size you are!

No I'm not. I think the business is tit/badly handled. But pp was specifically complaining about a FB group, which no one can control who joins. It's just a group, not a glorified extension of the business no matter how much Susie would like to present it as. How can anyone conjure up members to other people's liking so they can feel represented? It would be unethical to magic up black clients because it needs to be a choice to join the group and consent to the rules of it and then post photos of yourself. Susie can't go on to personal FB accounts and add them to the group.

Like I said (I did say it, I've just read back up), the brand and the FB group are two different beasts. Criticise the brand, criticise Susie, criticise the policing of the group. But no one can be mad about the people who post in the group. It makes zero sense.
How about susie reaches out to business or influences from BAME communities so people feel include. Someone with her following should be inclusive.
Somebody did reach out to her and they got a crappy message basically making daisy not to feel included into her tribe.
She was made not to feel like she belonged. That can not be ignored.

Reactions: 3
But no one else who joined the group happened to be your size/shape/wanting to address issues you identify with. Disappointing, sure but it's utterly bizarre to even think it's something to complain about. What would the solution be? To trawl FB for plus sized people, message them and ask them to join Susie's style group and post photos of themselves? Seriously!

How about susie reaches out to business or influences from BAME communities so people feel include. Someone with her following should be inclusive.
Somebody did reach out to her and they got a crappy message basically making daisy not to feel included into her tribe.
She was made not to feel like she belonged. That can not be ignored.
She's talking about a FB group! I'd agree with you if you were talking about the business side of it.

There was one member I can think of who was plus sized and it was only right she was blocked in the end as she used to spam the group constantly and seemed entitled to responses and then cry when people stopped engaging as she was very full on. That's the reason I left the group myself as it was meant to be a lighthearted style group and this one person dominated it.

Last edited:
I tried to post once, I'm plus sized (size 22ish) and my post was rejected and I was told to just use the search bar function.

There is definitely an issue with representation in that group/service and it's intentional.

Reactions: 6
But no one else who joined the group happened to be your size/shape/wanting to address issues you identify with. Disappointing, sure but it's utterly bizarre to even think it's something to complain about. What would the solution be? To trawl FB for plus sized people, message them and ask them to join Susie's style group and post photos of themselves? Seriously!

She's talking about a FB group! I'd agree with you if you were talking about the business side of it.

There was one member I can think of who was plus sized and it was only right she was blocked in the end as she used to spam the group constantly and seemed entitled to responses and then cry when people stopped engaging as she was very full on. That's the reason I left the group myself as it was meant to be a lighthearted style group and this one person dominated it.
But that’s the point, I was told there were people of all shapes and sizes in the group and was to be tagged in some posts even. And I was told I could find recommendations there. And from reading others’ encounters, it seems like a lot felt they couldn’t ask for questions or recommendations either.

You keep separating the group from the business but they’re one and the same. You’re advised to go to the group after your analysis if you have any questions. You can’t ask certain questions at all.

Oh, and even if there were no plus sized clients who posted, which would be fair enough if they didn’t feel confident enough, Susie could have done more herself to encourage it. Alongside encouraging ALL kinds of diversity. But she didn’t.
True, she doesn't and I don't support that. I was in the group right at the beginning before things got ridiculous and it really is just a FB group, with a set of rules she's tailored to reflect her business. As such, it relies on members of the public to make it what it is. Susie can mod or delete, or refuse posts but she (and the other mods) can't make people post.

Reactions: 2
True, she doesn't and I don't support that. I was in the group right at the beginning before things got ridiculous and it really is just a FB group, with a set of rules she's tailored to reflect her business. As such, it relies on members of the public to make it what it is. Susie can mod or delete, or refuse posts but she (and the other mods) can't make people post.
The point is people are posting and they're being rejected.
So back to everyone's original point she is not inclusive .

More professionalism from Susie today. She desperately needs some training in every aspect of her business.
s1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Perhaps the hair was a bad example, but members should be allowed to comment on clothes or glasses which can be changed.
I dunno, if I’d just forked out a couple of hundred on new specs I probably wouldn’t want someone to say they look bad.

Ooh a nice hair analysis has just landed and it’s a grow your hair one.

Unfortunately often the hair ones do look bad. I don’t think the analyses translate well in the hairdresser’s chair.

Yeah the bra lady does not look to be wearing the correct size or type.

I think Sarah looks really cool but the other stylists often look frumpy, bland or uncomfortable.

I used the SBS services in the past and found them helpful at the time. I agree with some of the comments about the business, Daily Mail articles and fast fashion, and over time I think the business has lost its way a bit. But I just choose to unfollow the Facebook group, mute her Instagram etc and just scroll by.

I don’t think there is a need to be so personal and attacking towards her as an individual.

Reactions: 5
I don’t mind Susie. Her style is not always to my taste but her outfits are flattering- I definitely wouldn’t guess she is size 14 like she says she is. I do agree about the fast fashion and she is a bit intense on the moderation but I think it comes from good intentions.

But! Does anyone else find the Caroline Flack obsession a bit weird?!

Reactions: 6
So glad I found this thread. I was on the Facebook group and used to follow Susie on insta but I had to follow after all her woe is me I work my ass off. She literally copies and pastes emails and walks around blue water window shopping a few times a week. She had the luxury of dropping her son off at school and collecting him everyday. All the school holidays off. Some women would dream of that luxury but they have to work a 40 hour week with 28 days holiday a year.

Reactions: 7
So glad I found this thread. I was on the Facebook group and used to follow Susie on insta but I had to follow after all her woe is me I work my ass off. She literally copies and pastes emails and walks around blue water window shopping a few times a week. She had the luxury of dropping her son off at school and collecting him everyday. All the school holidays off. Some women would dream of that luxury but they have to work a 40 hour week with 28 days holiday a year.
She really is the ultimate martyr, isn’t she?

Reactions: 4
I had an analysis about 18 months ago or so.
it was dreadful - I was asked what I liked about myself but got back a copy-paste document that didn’t mention half of them and told me to “show off my pretty décolletage” when I’d said I prefer to cover up my larger breasts. I’m 99% certain my colour suggestions were wrong too given that I was already semi confident in my colours - it was clothing shapes I needed help with.
also: mom jeans and cesarean overhangs anyone?? Huge big fat no. It felt like a colossal waste of money... being told to buy cheap slogan T-shirt’s that made me feel like I was 13 again rather than a mother, businesswoman and someone pushing 30.
Same with accessories - I don’t wear plastic earrings or necklaces, I have actual jewellery, rings and necklaces that I wear constantly. I was encouraged to change the colour of these entirely (!)

Ultimately I felt like it was a waste of time and money and it reminded me of 90s school reports where the teacher would leave the wrong pronoun or subject heading in, proving it was copied and pasted.

needless to say I’ve found my own style and it’s a bit more chic and timeless than plastic earrings and hideous trainers.

customer service is non existent,either the business needs an overhaul or a redefinition of what they actually claim to offer.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yep! I feel sorry for the poor women that post they brought to tears by Suzies kind words when it’s obvious she blows smoke up the arse of anyone that will part with their cash 😩

That message is so unprofessional but what could she do about the fact you didn't feel represented in the group? You don't pay to be in the group. It's not down to others to make you feel better about your size (whatever size that may be).
Now now notredamn you have drunk the sbs coolaid nice comments only

But that’s the point, I was told there were people of all shapes and sizes in the group and was to be tagged in some posts even. And I was told I could find recommendations there. And from reading others’ encounters, it seems like a lot felt they couldn’t ask for questions or recommendations either.

You keep separating the group from the business but they’re one and the same. You’re advised to go to the group after your analysis if you have any questions. You can’t ask certain questions at all.

Oh, and even if there were no plus sized clients who posted, which would be fair enough if they didn’t feel confident enough, Susie could have done more herself to encourage it. Alongside encouraging ALL kinds of diversity. But she didn’t.
& to be fair the fb group promotes the "new" services thst get added weekly at the mo so yes of course they are linked to the business. And i am sorry but when a BAME member a few months back claimed she didnt know if sbs was for her because she hadnt seen many people that looked like her a whole fb post was dedicated to this with pics & reviews from sbs clients.So yes SBS can magic up relatable members when it suits Nd advances her business.

Yep even in her recent post aboit clients being so upset they had to email her she still managed to make it about her sprained ankle & having to take codeine. She has a lot of empathy alright-for herself

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Omg I can't believe members of the group have gone and emailed her about this thread (or the MN one). Who would even do that 😂 It's like overhearing a friend bitching about someone and then going up to the bitchee and saying 'ommm my mate was slagging you right off, ohhh she went in hard but don't worry I said it wasn't very good of her - just thought I'd tell you'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.