Styled By Susie and Susie Hasler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's when she first wore the jeans with the long crouch !!
Okay so with no formal training , what is she actually selling ?
She proclaims to give style advise not fashion advise for her clients on a high street budget. But all she does buy is fast fashion ??
A few key capsule pieces are surely a better investment and showing how to mix and match these items are more beneficial, then just bag loads of crap that will date quickly or not last . Its not good practice and doesn't sit well with me.
Plus all that dated junk jewellery urghhh !!

Reactions: 4
That plastic jewellery is just embarrassing.

It's really unethical to advise people to go and buy fast fashion, I agree. As you have pointed out, teaching people how to build a capsule wardrobe would be much better practice.

I don't get the whole look either , its so over the place. She hasn't found her own style yet so how she can pass on her " knowledge " to others i have no idea.
Her style is " student union bar '02' she is the same age as me and from the same area, so i know who she is locally.
I have a lot stylist friends with real fashion degrees who really do have a problem with her and see her as a bit of a " fraud " . They have questioned her in the past but they get hate from her tribe and get accused of bullying for asking very simple questions.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
lol at the student union bar '02 comment! Her sense of style is terrible. She got her mate to photograph her the other day, no doubt in exchange for some adverts on Susie's Instagram stories. In the photos she is wearing that awful, unflattering hat again and a short jumpsuit which emphasises her thighs which are probably her worst feature. She really hasn't got a flaming clue!

Reactions: 2
I'm not here to hate on the women's body shape or any women's shape. Although with susie's "body profiling " message she is kinda telling people what not to wear & prompting negative body image.
I don't feel confident in her woman empowerment message when she seems insecure herself.

Reactions: 2
I don't think anyone is being empowered by Styled by Susie, certainly not the slaves that are producing the clothes that they recommend. What I was trying to say earlier is that a professional stylist would know how to highlight people's best features and how to draw attention away from the areas that people would prefer not to highlight. A lot of her clients would expect that, but if she cannot work out how to dress herself in a way that highlights her better features, then there is little hope for her clients!

agree and waste of their money .
Like anything best do your research before spending your hard earned cash. A lot of cowboys out there like Susie . Look where they studied ? What did they study ? Fashion background? Susie has none of this written anywhere. No credentials at all. Other than a boast of styled 1000s of clients.
All the gear ( literally) and no idea .

Reactions: 5
A couple of members of Susie's Facebook group went against the echo chamber and said that the women looked better before and got blocked from commenting.

No, Susie this was not a good way of handling the situation at all. This is what a 15 year old girl would do.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
What is the motivation behind telling someone they looked better before though? Hair doesn't stick back on. I'd never piss on someone's chips, I'd just scroll past

Reactions: 7
My first post here and just wanted to add my twopenneth. I’ve been on MN thread about SBS too and this thread was mentioned. Sadly, I fell prey to the good reviews and wasted money on her services (I was in a bad place). I am fat, I’m ok with that, but I needed help to find some clothes that fit me decently. As a size 20/22, I hoped the group would have some posts from people similar in size to me that had been ‘styled’ and were able to share their purchases/looks etc.

I constantly asked about plus size representation and general diversity in the group as it was leaving me feeling quite despondent. Anyway, I emailed Susie personally to ask about it and this was the response I got. I was never, ever nasty. Just brought up my own personal experience but it was completely turned around as if it was my fault. Not once taking on board any of the things I was saying as a paying customer. I can’t imagine any other company treating customers like that and getting away with, but as others have said, it’s like an echo chamber.
That message is so unprofessional but what could she do about the fact you didn't feel represented in the group? You don't pay to be in the group. It's not down to others to make you feel better about your size (whatever size that may be).

The point is that any post mentioning being larger or for advice on, for example - how to hide a tummy are blocked by admin. Have never heard of such an unprofessional company!

What is the motivation behind telling someone they looked better before though? Hair doesn't stick back on. I'd never piss on someone's chips, I'd just scroll past
Perhaps the hair was a bad example, but members should be allowed to comment on clothes or glasses which can be changed.

Well, she could have added information for dressing various body sizes. She could have made a way of asking for recommendations about clothes that fit properly/well, but that was never possible.

I wasn’t asking her to make me feel better about my size in any way (not sure where you got that from). My size doesn’t bother me. The fact I couldn’t dress it well does though (ill fitting clothes etc) and I thought the group was a place to find that help, particularly as that’s one of the things I’d been advised that the group and the paid for service offered, not only by other members but also her and her team. And one of the reasons I decided to pay for her services in the first place. She’s supposed to promote ‘body positivity’ but there was hardly ever anyone over a size 14/16. So there’s that.

I wasn’t the only one who had similar questions either. The whole business is based on ‘shapes’ and no matter what size, apparently the shape information should work for everyone. There was literally no way of asking about any variations on those shapes without being silenced. My example is that I have a large tummy, which often gets bloated too. A lot of tops I find too short to cover said tummy (including the ones in the online shop I paid her for after specifically requesting help with that). I’ve tried sizing up, it didn’t work. I’ve tried ‘longer length tops which end up too long’. I wanted to ask the question to see if anyone with similar experiences had any recommendations. I couldn’t do that because asking to cover my tummy, no matter how I worded it, was deemed to be negative.
Not sure where I got it from? The post you wrote. Your post was all about the FB group not being inclusive and none of the members reflecting your size. Constant asking about diversity wasn't going to magic up members. People have to ask to join the group, Susie doesn't recruit them so they represent a size you personally would like to see.
The paid styling services are complete separate entities and if they didn't give the advice you were asking for, then it's not good enough, I agree. And you should've been able to ask what you liked about your own body.

None of my post suggested I had issues with my body. Just dressing it. With well made clothes that fit. And although the group may be free, it is related to the paid for services and advised as part of the paid for services as somewhere to get inspiration and to ask questions and ask for help. That wasn’t allowed because of the moderation of the group. I was specifically advised that there were larger people posting.

And although you may think the group is not related to the paid for services, that’s not correct. I bought my analysis. Was given the copy and paste information and told if I had any questions to ask in the group.

I agree she can’t make people post, but as someone who promotes size inclusivity, she could have made much more of an effort in trying to advise on variations in bodies. As I say, there were other members who also queried similar things (not on their own post as that wasn’t allowed, they’d add it to the comments in another post) and they had their comments deleted. One person asked about where she could see ‘plus sized’ people, the admin replied that they would tag her in some posts. I asked if I could be tagged too and was promptly blocked from the group.

I should add, I put ‘constantly asked’ in my first post. That probably wasn’t the right way of saying it. That makes it sounds like I hounded them, but I certainly didn’t. I asked a few times.
Huh? I haven't mentioned once 'issues with your body' your own or otherwise.

Notradamn what are you actually reading ? You constantly keep misquoting .
I think what oopsadaisy is trying to to get across , is there a place for her in the "tribe" because she feels she wasn't being represented.
The body templates are so dated and only really represent the white western body shapes.
Yes to your answer Susie should 'magic up ' BAME clients and show she represents. She lives near crawley with a major diverse community she has potential cleints there.
Simply placing a black box to show you represent is not good enough. Not once did she say she was going to educate and do more.
She has a following, represent female black fashion brands. Not businesses that use poor pay and poor working conditions.
On a side note to people pulling Susie or her team on the how they styled their clients 100% okay .
Firstly people do need to be asking where were you trained ? What makes you good enough to part with my hard earned cash ? Otherwise these woman can book a FREE personal styling session in most stores.
Secondly i know for a FACT Susie to personally commenting on her friends looks and telling them there outfit doesn't suit there bodyshape when they are just out to lunch together.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
“It's not down to others to make you feel better about your size (whatever size that may be).”

I think it’s reasonable to assume size means size of body. And I reiterate, I have no issue with my body. Or the size of it - and I don’t need anyone to make me feel better about it.
You wanted to see others with your body type but there weren't any, which was your gripe.
I said 'whatever your size may be'. Stop trying to make out I have a problem with your size. I'm not you so i couldn't care less what size you are!

Notradamn what are you actually reading ? You constantly keep misquoting .
I think what oopsadaisy is trying to to get across , is there a place for her in the "tribe" because she feels she wasn't being represented.
The body templates are so dated and only really represent the white western body shapes.
Yes to your answer Susie should 'magic up ' BAME clients and show she represents. She lives near crawley with a major diverse community she has potential cleints there.
Simply placing a black box to show you represent is not good enough. Not once did she say she was going to educate and do more.
She has a following, represent female black fashion brands. Not businesses that use poor pay and poor working conditions.
On a side note to people pulling Susie or her team on the how they styled their clients 100% okay .
Firstly people do need to be asking where were you trained ? What makes you good enough to part with my hard earned cash ? Otherwise these woman can book a FREE personal styling session in most stores.
Secondly i know for a FACT Susie to personally commenting on her friends looks and telling them there outfit doesn't suit there bodyshape when they are just out to lunch together.
No I'm not. I think the business is tit/badly handled. But pp was specifically complaining about a FB group, which no one can control who joins. It's just a group, not a glorified extension of the business no matter how much Susie would like to present it as. How can anyone conjure up members to other people's liking so they can feel represented? It would be unethical to magic up black clients because it needs to be a choice to join the group and consent to the rules of it and then post photos of yourself. Susie can't go on to personal FB accounts and add them to the group.

Like I said (I did say it, I've just read back up), the brand and the FB group are two different beasts. Criticise the brand, criticise Susie, criticise the policing of the group. But no one can be mad about the people who post in the group. It makes zero sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.