Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It'll be "Susie is here to speak about how she dealt with the trolls who hounded her & made her life hell and how she feared her story would end like Caroline Flack's..."

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think it’s very smart of Emily, and a difficult decision to make. she was a solo stylist before, but being part of a brand, the wider support network, was attractive but the downside is when the brand goes rogue, you get covered in shit. Extracting herself before it gets much worse (but how much worse can it get 🤔) gives her a chance to capitalise on her popularity and avoid the pile of manure drowning SBS.

I still think the SBS model could be great. It’s the execution and customer service that are causing the issues

Reactions: 13

Notredamn

VIP Member
You don't sound like a dick at all! When I first found SBS and Susie I was at a very low point, had PND and completely lost my way with clothes and everything about who I was. Although now I know that the analyses are copied and pasted and not as sincere as I thought (naively) at the time, it was nice to hear that I was pretty and feminine etc etc still and I felt like I had been given permission to feel good again, I thought Susie was so cool haha! She was a mum and always looked nice and at the time was running a successful business and looked like she had it all together. Not to mention that she is gorgeous. Not saying she isn't successful now but it was different then. Think I just got drawn in, it's a bit culty isn't it, I thought she was going to fix me and make me 'me' again.
Thank you for explaining! I get that. It's understandable. It feels a bit...exploitative that she appeals to women who feel down in themselves but that does make sense to me. I guess the rest is just subjective 😬
The sad thing now is that due to the lack of originality and lazy copy/pasting, you and many others are probably feeling like the compliments you were given weren't sincere but im sure you're perfectly lovely and absolutely should feel bloody awesome in yourself. I'm too far on the other end of the scale I'm so vain and arrogant 😂 I should probably pay someone to bring me down a peg

• Haha
  • Heart

CCL1989

I’m a founding member too - I spoke to the lady who set it up and was the second member 😂 The only reason it was created was purely because she thought the fb page was important - she has nothing to do with SBS on a official basis. We shared it as much as possible to get everybody to join :)

This is also the same admin I’ve spoken to about the poll, sadly the admin have decided as a collective, no. This is mainly following conversations with Emily and how the discussions seem purely genuine. This is also due to the general consensus of Emily being present was positive and there’s been limited people messaging them privately saying they’re not happy. The tone is as if maybe Emily didn’t agree with the fb page being closed and wants to stay in touch with contacts but it’s not certain. They’re also aware Susie has already enlisted some spy’s in the group so don’t believe Emily has as an ulterior motive. They’ve also said there’ll be no promotion of SBS as they’ll not allow those posts. Hopefully this may help some whom are concerned :) I certainly feel more comforted knowing the above, especially as the admin said herself she didn’t agree with it at first.

fabulous_clara

Hello! Another one here. I was so excited for my gold analysis, and when it came I was so underwhelmed. I remember thinking “they’ve just put in key words from the info I sent, and it’s put it into a statement bank document”. Ah well, live and learn, the Facebook group was very useful and at least now I know what I’m working with... and then all this! Taking away the most useful resource! (Thank goodness for the new group right? So much better 😊)

Found this thread (and the first one) via the FB page, and I’m staggered at the depth of these shenanigans. Looking at my analysis now, ticks all the “key phrases” boxes... 😏

“You have a great figure with curves in all the right places! A defined waist, pretty décolletage and may I say great boobs – we have loads to accentuate”

My figure is NOT great. I looked horrendous in the candid vest/leggings shot I sent in! 😂 Again, obvs I wasn’t looking for crushing and unkind honesty, but please don’t patronise me and blow smoke up my (non peachy 😡🤣) arse.

RitaSueBobtoo

Chatty Member
Susie's friend is back on MN moaning shes been quoted on Tattle and you cant reason with a bunch of trolls (Newsflash I'm quoting you again) They've kindly pointed out to her that having a discussion on a public forum is not trolling and she was the one who posted on there to start with 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

Lollypop84

And no sneak previews of tasters of anything suggests they're not that proud of the content??

I've noticed the style edit has been posting loads of tasters. I didn't know if her below all this, but she's obviously confident that she can share a bit and still has more. Perhaps SBS aren't....
I am on the style hub by joy of the style guide uk and its brilliant. Its £6.99 a month but well worth it for me! She is brilliant and you can ask her to find you something you need each week!

I do hope that Susie’s friends (and Susie herself) who are reading this can take something away from all this and use it as a positive. Separate Susie from Styled by Susie. Business is business. Take the comments on board and move on. She also needs to detach herself from her terrible business advisor. Like NOW! Main Hustle makes it clear on her IG feed that she’ll do whatever it takes to make a million, even if that’s give piss poor business advice at the expense of a small business, as long as she’s being paid for it.

I do think Susie would benefit from some help - both proper business coaching, but also speaking to someone who could help her with her emotions. There is something called rejection sensitive dysphoria where people are highly critical to anything that seems slightly negative and they take it as a personal rejection even if it’s not meant to be.

StillNoStyle

The whole set up looks so much more professional. I watched a couple of Joy's videos and its a different class. Think I might sign up and see what the hub is like.
I can recommend the paid for group - I am a member and although there are fewer members (and therefore fewer posts) it’s still a lovely place and what I like is that Joy is a prolific contributor to both the paid and the free FB groups - she even tags individual members in pics of things she thinks will suit them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Good to see the new FB Style group is now private. Think it will give everyone in there peace of mind that they can speak freely about the issues and concerns they had with the old group. I’ve been in it a few days now and I think it’s got a really great vibe. Lots of friendly and helpful chatter 👍🏻

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
Loving the Tattlers and MNers setting the record straight on the new FB group 😍

Also really impressed with the way in which the admin are handling it all👏🏼👏🏼

• Heart

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
Ive been blocked on instagram by SBS since i pointed out that it was Susie herself who put her sons name in the pubic domain via the daily mail.

• Wow
  • Angry

Scuttles

I'm sure Emily is a lovely woman but all the gushing over her in the new FB group and everyone getting wide ons over her, put me off!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

CCL1989

Sorry for multiple posts but have any of you seen their response to negative posts on trust pilot are all copied and pasted?! Hahahahhahaha

• Haha

RitaSueBobtoo

Chatty Member
Saw Emily's stories reminding people that style sessions available from 8pm.....I've just been on and been able to add hair and style analysis to my basket, dont they normally sell out in minutes? 🤔 oh dear oh dear!

And the glasses analysis available too.....they were as rare as rocking horse shit a couple of weeks back....

• Haha

Spidey2020

Chatty Member
I think the new group has a bit of a confused membership with some members wanting a SBS tribute group and others who are more ‘aware’ of the issues with the business. I think it should pull away more from Susie it’s a bit ‘is this my colour/I’m a winter apple/here’s me in my puma cali’s’ for my liking.

BettyKez

MHS whole business seems to be based on insta which consists of posts with aggressive captions claiming she's been involved with X, Y And Z......how were you involved, chief tea maker?!! And her posts gather single figure likes......it doesn't add up to the language she's using!
All of the folk crying trolls and animals at tattle should look at that insta feed........that is who your "be kind" business picked to take them forward........to hustle more money from you before you spend it all on Christmas!! There are a million better choices out there!! I can't find one post on her grid that talks about looking after your customers......it's all about the hustle!

• Heart