Stupid things you used to believe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was little i used to think food reverted to it's original form in your stomach after you had eaten it, no idea where rhay came from.

Also until very recently I thought that my welsh grandmother's old neighbours who ran a shop called New Shop were called Mr and Mrs Newshop. My parents called them this my whole life, turns out their name was Mr and Mrs Jones. I'd literally never heard them called this and was shocked. Luckily my sister thought the same as me so we blame bad parenting lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When I was little i used to think food reverted to it's original form in your stomach after you had eaten it, no idea where rhay came from.

Also until very recently I thought that my welsh grandmother's old neighbours who ran a shop called New Shop were called Mr and Mrs Newshop. My parents called them this my whole life, turns out their name was Mr and Mrs Jones. I'd literally never heard them called this and was shocked. Luckily my sister thought the same as me so we blame bad parenting lol
My kids must think this about our neighbours! Mrs across the road, Mr middle house, Mrs Irish, Mr and Mrs Dressing Gown and Mr Hammer (😳 that ones a story!) hope I don’t scar them for life!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I also believed I could "hatch" chicken eggs.

I used to take them out of the fridge and make a nest out of clothes and "sit" on them hoping they would hatch. They never did. I just used to get into lots of trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I used to think if you had healthcare insurance it meant you couldn't die. I equated insured with preserved. I used to go on massive rants about how unfair it was that rich people could live forever because they had healthcare insurance and poor people had to die. I was about six haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My kids must think this about our neighbours! Mrs across the road, Mr middle house, Mrs Irish, Mr and Mrs Dressing Gown and Mr Hammer (😳 that ones a story!) hope I don’t scar them for life!!
mr Hammer 😱 your street sounds like the dodgiest Mr Men and Little Miss collection 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
mr Hammer 😱 your street sounds like the dodgiest Mr Men and Little Miss collection 😂
He used to be Mr Paris (as we once saw him at the airport in Paris) but that changed when we read the local paper and found out how he attacked someone’s van with a hammer 😳 in his defence, the guy who owned the van had been having an affair with Mr Paris Hammer’s wife for EIGHT YEARS.

This is all largely due to the fact we can’t remember anyone’s name 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
He used to be Mr Paris (as we once saw him at the airport in Paris) but that changed when we read the local paper and found out how he attacked someone’s van with a hammer 😳 in his defence, the guy who owned the van had been having an affair with Mr Paris Hammer’s wife for EIGHT YEARS.

I’m loving the double barrelled mr Paris-Hammer. They’re now mumsnet characters 😂

EIGHT years though. Jesus. That’s one hell of an affair. That’s longer than most marriages

• Haha
When I was little my mum told me that Meatloaf was actually called first name Meat last name Loaf, his wife was called Mrs Loaf and his kids were called Sausage and Bacon. Believed her without question.

She also once persuaded me to climb Mount Snowdon by telling me there was a MacDonalds at the top.

Woman has form as a pisstake merchant, to be fair: she was a primary teacher and for the entire term before she read her class Road Dahl's The Witches she'd wear gloves in class.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
When I was little my mum told me that Meatloaf was actually called first name Meat last name Loaf, his wife was called Mrs Loaf and his kids were called Sausage and Bacon. Believed her without question.

She also once persuaded me to climb Mount Snowdon by telling me there was a MacDonalds at the top.

Woman has form as a pisstake merchant, to be fair: she was a primary teacher and for the entire term before she read her class Road Dahl's The Witches she'd wear gloves in class.
I dont know her but I love her! 🤣👌

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
OMG I’ve been crying at some of these 🤣🤣 tears in my eyes

My husband calls a remote a box. He lived in Cornwall his whole life til he moved further north (not much!) and realised shops could open past 7pm and he’d never seen a H&M 🤣🤣 He’d also lived near the sea his whole life and never been in it 🙈

I used to believe that someone used to come along and turn all the streetlights on as mum told me it was a button at the top not a sensor 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

we‘ve got “white Audi man, moody plumber, and fat family” on our road 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
i believed people lives inside the tv, and remember standing tippy toes to look inside the back to talk to them 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was always told when learning to drive that the beeping noise the car makes when you don't wear your seat belt is a 30 second timer and the car will cut out when driving if you don't put it on. Genuinely believed that until about a year ago!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
When I was little as I went to sit on the toilet my mum pinched my bum, but said it wasn't her and must have been something that had crawled up the toilet and got me. For YEARS I would look down and flush the toilet before going incase it crawled up and pinched me again 😒🙈🤣
I'm in bits 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
along the same lines of tia and stfu, genuinely believed lol meant lots of love and so used it in response to my mum in texts for ages till I realised then didn't have the heart to tell mum so we always finished every text with lol xxx 🤦‍♀️

• Haha