Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😩
That is all.
totally agree, he was the winner imo. No experience, no talent 😂 but he brought so much to the show and the weekday show, I did stop watching that a few weeks ago tbh. But he was always really amusing on it.
Im gutted. Actually so sad. Not watching any more..... ☹

Reactions: 2
I hope Emma wins.

I think everyone is expecting Kelvin to win. I can’t stand Karim. He’s a decent enough dancer but he’s got no personality or charisma And there’s no chemistry between him & Amy. It’s like watching an Aunty dance with her nephew.

Reactions: 1
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ in American English translates to:

Y’all better get your asses over here & dance!

or

I’m furious with you so I expect you to show up ready to dance!

(Maybe it’s just me? But it’s the weirdest show name!)

I hope Emma wins.

I think everyone is expecting Kelvin to win. I can’t stand Karim. He’s a decent enough dancer but he’s got no personality or charisma And there’s no chemistry between him & Amy. It’s like watching an Aunty dance with her nephew.
Emma isn’t good enough though

Emma isn’t good enough though
It’s the public vote - it’s who is the most likeable/who’s fan base will vote. Karim has been in the dance off how many times? He’s not likeable, irrespective of how technically good he is (and should be, seeing as he’s a trained dancer.....) Kelvin will probably win it which I think it’s really predictable. It would just be refreshing if Emma wins - she’s not the best dancer out of the 3 of them but she’s the least annoying!!

It’s the public vote - it’s who is the most likeable/who’s fan base will vote. Karim has been in the dance off how many times? He’s not likeable, irrespective of how technically good he is (and should be, seeing as he’s a trained dancer.....) Kelvin will probably win it which I think it’s really predictable. It would just be refreshing if Emma wins - she’s not the best dancer out of the 3 of them but she’s the least annoying!!
It is absolutely between Emma and Kelvin to win given Karim’s appearances in the dance off. Kelvin based on dancing ability, Emma based on Anton. I don’t care for Kelvin so would rather Emma win.

‘Strictly Come Dancing’ in American English translates to:

Y’all better get your asses over here & dance!

or

I’m furious with you so I expect you to show up ready to dance!

(Maybe it’s just me? But it’s the weirdest show name!)
It’s a mix of ‘Strictly ballroom’ the movie & ‘Come Dancing’ the tv show that used to be on back in the day!

Reactions: 5
Just chipping in to say you’re all right with Kelvin coming across as arrogant. My brother works in the racing world and has met kelvin multiple times and he is known for being an hole. So my brother’s team now proceed to sing the strictly theme tune every time they see him... which he hates 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Considering how the vote went for I’m a Celeb this year, I really would not be at all surprised if Emma wins.

Reactions: 3
I'd love to see Emma and Anton win. He's always had the dud contestants. Good to see him get a decent partner.

Anton hasn't always had dud partners.
It should be about the partner any way not Anton. Anton still gets paid the same no matter where he goes out in the competition.

I know who I don't want to win but at this point I don't care. I will watch the performances but don't think I will bother voting

I think if you've watched Strictly from the very first series you know that Anton hasn't always had dud partners!

I think if you've watched Strictly from the very first series you know that Anton hasn't always had dud partners!
I posted about this earlier and mentioned Lesley Garrett, with whom he was in the final. But this seems to get written out of Strictly history. When he was doing well with Katie Derham (another decent dancer) I remember him saying "I didn't realise the show continues into December, I've already booked myself into a panto". So I think he just really plays up to the duds he's had and it's part of the character he plays as Anton, rather than Tony.

Really, if you analyze it, all the pros have had their fair share of duds. Someone has to go out in the first week every year and statistically it's rarely Anton, only once in 17 series IIRC, not too shabby a record.

Reactions: 4
New thread suggestion: Because it’s a hotbed of affairs & hook ups what about Strictly Cum Dancing? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There was a post on the digital spy strictly forum a few years ago I might have to go search for but it basically analysed the data and found that even though there’s press attention on ‘the curse’ every year and people wonder whose shagging who, from what we know of whose come out as a couple is less than 1% of celebs!

There was a post on the digital spy strictly forum a few years ago I might have to go search for but it basically analysed the data and found that even though there’s press attention on ‘the curse’ every year and people wonder whose shagging who, from what we know of whose come out as a couple is less than 1% of celebs!
I bet there are lots of affairs that never get exposed though!

Kelvin has the same issue as Danny Mac (so forgettable I had to google him!) IMO. He works great with Oti, does great, impressive routines and clearly has dance experience, but the personality just doesnt connect. Like I couldnt even name one stand out thing about his personality. Whereas I think Jamie Laing would've been a lot more fun to watch.

Karim is sweet and has more of a personality but I think comes across as the talented kid in his first competition in the adult category.

So I think that's why Emma could take it. Strictly isn't really about choosing the best dancer and people have warmed to her since the whole Shirley thing. Add that to the Anton thing (which I'm on board with haha) and it could actually happen.

Weird as I don’t think Karim has a personality but Kelvin does!

I find Emma quite boring and I’m sure if Anton was as popular as people think he is he would have won last time he was in the final?!

I like Kelvin best out of the three so I hope he wins.

Weird as I don’t think Karim has a personality but Kelvin does!

I find Emma quite boring and I’m sure if Anton was as popular as people think he is he would have won last time he was in the final?!

I like Kelvin best out of the three so I hope he wins.
Interesting! Though tbh, I rarely watch the VT before the dance so I'm basing this soley on when they're getting their comments and scores!

Re. Anton, it's definately luck of the draw this time! I remember there was a lot of good will when he got in the final. But they were up against Jay and Kellie so it was never really gonna happen. This year I think the other contestants aren't as popular. Plus Emma's a bit less boring than Katie Derham.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.