Strictly Come Dancing #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he's relaxed around her (and she around him) and they obviously work well together, which means that they're both having a good Strictly experience this year. He's said that he appreciates her positivity so I think they're vibing and having a nice time.

I get the sense that AJ and John are maybe more up and down emotioanlly, so while Giovanni has to work hard to adapt his teaching to Rose, he's playing less of Strictly therapist role this series. This is just the vibe I get
I get that impression too. Gio had it hard last year playing Ranvir therapist and body coach whilst also being in a strict social bubble. I am glad this years pairing has been more light hearted for him.

Reactions: 11
I get that impression too. Gio had it hard last year playing Ranvir therapist and body coach whilst also being in a strict social bubble. I am glad this years pairing has been more light hearted for him.
Everybody's like "Gio's a changed man this year!" and I'm thinking 'yes, that's the effect less stress has on a person!'. Not that stress is bad or that he's not working hard, but I think this partnership with Rose is very easy and natural in that respect for both of them.

Reactions: 13
Gio is a good actor 😎 he knows how to work it to get the rumour mill going, I’ve no doubt about that. I think he loves Rose as a friend and they’ve become very close, but to me there is no romantic vibe between them at all.

They have a sweet friendship and it’s nice to see he does have more depth - from all accounts, he’s been wonderful with Rose and working extra hard to support her.

Reactions: 19
Aw, I am a Ranvir defender. Yes, she had issues and hang-ups but they had a great partnership (her VW, AT and Foxtrot were fab), and she was also a laugh. I hate that she now seems to be remembered as 'sad middle-aged lady with a crush on Gio'.

Reactions: 18
I think he's relaxed around her (and she around him) and they obviously work well together, which means that they're both having a good Strictly experience this year. He's said that he appreciates her positivity so I think they're vibing and having a nice time.

I get the sense that AJ and John are maybe more up and down emotioanlly, so while Giovanni has to work hard to adapt his teaching to Rose, he's maybe playing less of Strictly therapist role this series. This is just the vibe I get
Completely agree! They seem to have just really hit off as friends, and he's constantly saying how happy and up beat Rose is! I think they have very similar senses of humour too!
Definitely don't get sibling vibes though...they're very flirty and tactile with each other! (Which you can be with friends before anyone comes for me)

Reactions: 1
Aw, I am a Ranvir defender. Yes, she had issues and hang-ups but they had a great partnership (her VW, AT and Foxtrot were fab), and she was also a laugh. I hate that she now seems to be remembered as 'sad middle-aged lady with a crush on Gio'.
No, I really liked them too! (Not even sure she did have a crush, honestly). They did a lot of great work together. It was just a different type of partnership from the Rose/Gio one

Reactions: 2
No, I really liked them too! (Not even sure she did have a crush, honestly). They did a lot of great work together. It was just a different type of partnership from the Rose/Gio one
I agree it's very different from last year, in that Rose is a great, young dancer and even if he's having to work much harder in terms of her deafness, the dancing itself is easier, plus I'm sure from the start he suspected they might go far so was excited.
And Rose seems super confident, though she said in a post the other day that she had a lot of insecurities about herself and Strictly has really helped her.

Reactions: 3
Completely agree! They seem to have just really hit off as friends, and he's constantly saying how happy and up beat Rose is! I think they have very similar senses of humour too!
Definitely don't get sibling vibes though...they're very flirty and tactile with each other! (Which you can be with friends before anyone comes for me)
Sometimes flirting with your friends is the best type of flirting because you can exercise the old flirt muscle, get the serotonin hit, but don't have to worry about follow through because all parties know it's just for fun :LOL:

I agree that they do seem to get on very well and like one another. I'll even venture to say I understand why the Rose/Gio shippers are a thing.

As has been said many a time, the casting and pairings really were spot on this series

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Considering she was starting a relationship with a twenty something assistant in the studio at that time, it does rather show she wasn’t crushing on Gio!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Considering she was starting a relationship with a twenty something assistant in the studio at that time, it does rather show she wasn’t crushing on Gio!
Heh, indeed! We'll watch as all of the purported ships turn out to be wrong and it turns out the real series 19 romance was Judi and a member of Dave Arch's Wunnerful Orchestra or something 😂

Judi and Man in the Hat 4 ever

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't think that started till much later! But yeah, maybe she thought Gio was too old..

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I hope Janette doesn’t get another stint on ITT, she’s the only person who could possibly more annoying than Zoe Ball. She’s like a bloody seal, clapping at everything. Why do they need two people to present 5 half hour shows anyway

Reactions: 7
I adored Ranvir, voted every week and was outraged Jamie Lang was saved over her. But I did feel it all got a bit too intense near the end.
I know Gio showmance baits every year but Ranvir was the only one I saw any sort of genuine sexual tension with at least in the early weeks.

Janette's hair is a fright!

Oh, she is dancing with Aljaz to Ed Sheeran on Sat!
What on the main show?!

Reactions: 3
As much as I want AJ in the final, I really hope she doesn't push it too much and end up even more injured!

they could easily fill the runtime with Gorka in his Dalmatian suit on all fours again
I really feel for AJ and Kai, it’s gutting for both of them but stuff the Dalmatian suit. If this isn’t the perfect time to resurrect Officer Gorka I don’t know what is.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.