Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Shirley IMO just isn't a nice person so no surprise she's team Gio. Someone like her I imagine has very different ideas of teaching to the normal person, as if it's not evident by how her critiques on Strictly sometimes seem to have a bit of a mean streak.

Still curious as to why Julianne mentioned abuse when she lived in London with the Ballases...

Oh, and I'll always maintain that Gio wouldn't have had as easy of a ride on the show had Len stayed longer. I think Len saw right through him, Shirley's arrival was where they started to properly indulge him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I think Shirley’s problem with Katya is related to Neil. I’m convinced she is the reason why he is kept on despite spending most of his time on the bench.
And Neil was the chosen one last year to do demos with Shirley on ITT. Now maybe that was because he had time to spare that the others hadn't, I don't know.

Katya smiles enthusiastically no matter how much she is ignored and at times belittled, by the judges. I think she is fabulous.

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
I love how the rest of strictly internet is in mourning and us arseholes here are partying 😂
It’s not all over yet fans of the fanny rat.
IMG_6598.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick

Boogs

VIP Member
2023 started off really crap for Ellie. She had lost the job she had from when she was a kid and she split from long term boyfriend after he cheated on her. I think an overly tactile golden retriever Italian was exactly what she needed. She was a good dancer but I doubt she would have won with another partner. She’s always going to have Vito on a bit of a pedestal I think.

If Vito does have a secret partner fair play to them for keeping it out of the limelight. I do think it’s quite strange when famous people’s partners get fans. I’ve seen a fan account for Nikita’s girlfriend which is just weird. Whilst she works as a model she is not famous outside of the relationship.

Looks like there was a strictly trip to Cabaret last night 🥰

IMG_7486.png

• Heart

glasgow27

VIP Member
Give Amy the old Ian Waite gig on ITT or something like that.

TBH, I do have my doubts that Amy will partner a celeb full-time again. It just seems like such a big mountain to climb, not just recovering from cancer but also dealing with Crohns which IIRC, was causing her issues the last time she was not he show. I wonder if she might end up being content with a slower pace.

Last edited:
  • Heart

soccergirl

VIP Member
Martin Roberts had emergency heart surgery a couple of years ago so I'm not sure...

Carlos living his best life at Pride! ❤
1719745870424.png

• Heart
Reactions: 11

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
It’s a chicken-and-egg/vicious circle situation though. Dianne is presumably now undroppable due to her fan base and Luba is dispensable.
Did Dianne have such an ardent fan base pre-Sugg? I can’t remember
No she didn't. It was only her second year as a pro and she had gone out in week 3 in her first. She had 30k followers on Instagram when she was partnered with Joe and didn't know how YouTube worked. Six months later she had about 750k and started her own YouTube channel. She's also managed by Joe's social media management company.
I remember when the Dianne Beryls on DS lost their shit and cried misogyny when it was suggested that Dianne has benefited from her relationship with Joe, which I thought was weird considering they had watched it happen. But it's more nepotism, so many people on social media have got started by appearing in a more established creator's 'content'. Joe benefited from his sister being Zoella in the same way that Dianne benefited from Joe.
Now people are more obsessed with Dianne than with Joe, but she does cultivate that parasocial relationship more by replying to her stans and messaging them and making time for them at the thousandth stage door they go to.

(Excuse the essay response, I find influencer culture fascinating as much as I like to snark about it 😅)

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
And that's just weird since Katya is one of the best ever on the show and deserves the praise.

I'm no Dianne fan, but also thought Shirley has been quite rude to her unless Dianne has a celeb partner Shirley really likes à la Joe/Tyler/Bobby.
I seem to remember Shirley being utterly vile to Karen when she and King Kevin (🙄) split up as well.
Shirley has never been nice. I’m surprised anyone is surprised about her.

• Wow

posy

VIP Member
Oh Craig an album and tour - why? Be giving that a miss.

Vito doing his sewing makes him even more attractive to me.

If that story in the S*n is true about Gio, that’s sad and makes me feel a bit sorry for him as I don’t think that is a healthy behaviour, I hope some of his friends have a chat with him.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I definitely don't hate Dianne, I just find her quite childish for her age and therefore a bit annoying.

Also any kind of bias or unfairness grinds my gears a bit, and I think she is favoured by producers over other pros, seemingly because she has a bigger following on social media

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I know loads of us have said it, but once again

give luba a ringer girl for 2024!! she deserves it!

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
Why does everyone think the other pros are jealous of Fanny Rat? In his 9 years on the show he got to the final 3 times with massive ringers and won with Rose who quite frankly might have even won if she was partnered with Neil. Vito got to the final in his first series and won his 2nd, if anything Fanny Rat should be jealous of him!

In all honesty I don’t think any of the male pros are out to get him or jealous of him. They are just not massive cunts (needy Neil aside).
And that's just weird since Katya is one of the best ever on the show and deserves the praise.

I'm no Dianne fan, but also thought Shirley has been quite rude to her unless Dianne has a celeb partner Shirley really likes à la Joe/Tyler/Bobby.
I think Shirley’s problem with Katya is related to Neil. I’m convinced she is the reason why he is kept on despite spending most of his time on the bench.

Shirley is definitely not a girls girl and she always lets her personal feelings show. I’m sure she doesn’t think he has done anything wrong because she is old skool and is a prick too.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I have siblings, if one of them starting acting like Vito did towards me and saying ‘Love you baby’ every five seconds I would start to get a bit concerned 🤢
Maybe it’s just me.
I feel like if they were actually together and wanted to keep it private, they wouldn't be doing this. It would be waaaaay too obvious.

Also, have you not seen Vito with his siblings and family? He literally snogs and cuddles his cousin like a lover.

• Sick

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I wish these two had done a tour (though realistically I know Luba doesn't have the same draw as Dianne except on here)

Which is absolutely baffling.
I’d happily pay to watch Luba. I wouldn’t walk to the end of my garden to watch Dianne.

• Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Shirley likes to make out she is privvy to all the top secret Strictly info but I doubt they are daft enough to tell her who the celebs are. She doesn't exactly have a history of being discreet!

Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if they start the announcements a bit earlier this year, if only to move the narrative away from the gazillion Giovanni/Amanda articles