Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OtherMoon

VIP Member
I think Ellie is just processing the whole strictly journey she's been on the go since Strictly started this is her first chance to properly reminisce about it all.

Reactions: 2

posy

VIP Member
Never know perhaps Vito has found this thread - could be a clever ruse - posting about sewing on a Friday night listening to dancing on my own. It was black and white - so was it night. Or maybe he is single, just doing some sewing on a Friday night or maybe he and Ellie are together. Who knows.

Gio - I’m soft, so even I wasn’t close to him at present but had in the past, I would reach out to make sure they are OK. I would like to think Anton would have a chat.

Reactions: 2

soccergirl

VIP Member
I wonder if Pasquale will be back on the Italian version? Quick read of the article and I also wonder if they are offering pro but he is trying to negotiate judge. Then if that doesn’t work out go for Pro and he can he wanted to carrying on performing rather than judge. There is no way Gio would choose pro over judge.
I see it says either as judge or pro. The only thing I'd say is that he is really not well known in Italy - he left there without doing TV so he's only vaguely known for having won SCD. I mentioned at the time that when he, Nikita, Vito and Graz attended the Ballando finale in December the two mentioned by the host where Vito (as former winner) and Nikita (as brother of a current pro).

Reactions: 1

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
No she didn't. It was only her second year as a pro and she had gone out in week 3 in her first. She had 30k followers on Instagram when she was partnered with Joe and didn't know how YouTube worked. Six months later she had about 750k and started her own YouTube channel. She's also managed by Joe's social media management company.
I remember when the Dianne Beryls on DS lost their shit and cried misogyny when it was suggested that Dianne has benefited from her relationship with Joe, which I thought was weird considering they had watched it happen. But it's more nepotism, so many people on social media have got started by appearing in a more established creator's 'content'. Joe benefited from his sister being Zoella in the same way that Dianne benefited from Joe.
Now people are more obsessed with Dianne than with Joe, but she does cultivate that parasocial relationship more by replying to her stans and messaging them and making time for them at the thousandth stage door they go to.

(Excuse the essay response, I find influencer culture fascinating as much as I like to snark about it 😅)
I’m fascinated by PR and Marketing ( nearly went down that route as a career) and especially how the press works, how they are briefed and what they choose to actually use.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I’d bet any pro on any version of the show would spontaneously combust if given two celebs over 70 in a row.

Then again, might be funny to get another Aliona moment.

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
Yeah, Curtis is the male lead in this dance. Pretty sure Kai wasn't in this, I think it was towards the end of the competition and he was still in it (?), Giulia is amazing though.
Her legs are incredible. She’s still an amazing dancer. Still competing.

whoareyoukidding

Chatty Member
I mean, Layton and Nikita are fairly full on! Though of course they have a professional partnership now.

Reading the Gio thread on DS, someone has explained the ins and outs of his ownership of Ballando, but spelt it Bellando. Which immediately made me mentally call it Bellend-o. ☺ <-- easily amused
Love that!!! Quite an appropriate name..

This is next level to Layton & Nikita, something is going on.
---
I personally just see friendship between Ellie and Vito, I could be wrong. For someone reasons Ellie’s latest stories came across to me as ones people post when someone they care about has died and they are reminiscing. Gio and Rose were quite similar and then that died a death eventually.
Yeah, I just don’t see this is as a friendship, if it is, it’ll all a bit weird and OTT. Just one to watch I guess

posy

VIP Member
I work along side PR people but I’m nothing to do with PR/Comms/Marketing/Media, it is interesting to observe. Good PR people will build good working relationships with the press and should be able to control narratives to certain extent. Strictly PR/press is fascinating and it must be a lot especially for the pros, I have always wondered if they get media training. A few could do with it.

cazellie

VIP Member
I do hope Nolan isn't going to be in it. It is one of the few TV programmes I like but will give it a miss if she is a contender as I really cannot stand self-important, self obsessed bullies like her.
Oh dear she’s not rumoured to be in it is she?

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Meant to ask @Boogs did you see Ellie & Vito at all? I believe they got mobbed in the bar and spent the interval taking photos. I didn't bother to go out and have a nosey considering they had so many people already crowding around.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Touched a nerve

I just personally would have thought with what was going on you wouldn't post about it; you can still do the job, be professional, and collect the cheque at the end of the day.

It just brings up a conversation if she will still continue to work with him when she could tour with the other pro's and/or do the pro tour etc.
You didn't, I'm just baiting you as it's too easy! Consider it affectionate ribbing.

All she's done really is repost a story from the same producers, she's probably been asked to. Hardly the crime of the century. Re her decision I think the pro tour is very unlikely to pay as well as Giofanny's tour where she has second billing. Perhaps she'll reconsider if sales dwindle though?